Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 11-14-2010, 01:27 PM   #1
MrEcko
MrEcko began at the beginning.

Device: none
Recommend me some good erotic/romance novels...

I'm looking for any erotic novels that are in one of the following genre settings. Either fantasy (Like Lord of the Rings and World of Warcraft. Elves, wizards, dragons and such.) or science fiction (Like Mass Effect, and the Isaac Asimov novels. Futuristic technology and space travel type stuff. Aliens optional.). Please recommend me any such novels you can think of that match those criteria, thank you.

P.S. Fetishes such as incest, rape, and bestiality are preferred but strictly optional. The only requirements are that any suggestions should fit one of those two genre's mentioned and should have a sexual element in the book.
MrEcko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 05:06 AM   #2
Gudy
Wizard
Gudy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gudy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gudy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gudy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gudy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gudy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gudy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gudy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gudy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gudy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gudy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch Lux (623)
If you like erotic novels that make you think, I can't recommend MeiLin Miranda's Lovers and Beloveds highly enough. It's available as a Kindle e-book or paperback from Amazon or her own site meilinmiranda.com, where she is also currently serializing the novel for free. (Erotic content: several scenes throughout the book - rape, some bondage, some consensual male homosexuality, some plain heterosexual love making)

The first three books in Jacqueline Carey's Kushiel series (Dart, Chosen, Avatar) contain a fair amount of sex. No fairies or dragons, but some magic here. The books are a bit slow to build up and the narrator can be a bit irritating at times, but I love the world building and the stories. (Erotic content: quite a few scenes throughout the books - running strongly towards all things kinky, and sometimes heavily so, as the protagonist is a true masochist, experiencing pain as pleasure)

Anne Rice's Sleeping Beauty books (The Claiming of Sleeping Beauty, Beauty's Punishment, Beauty's Release) are set in a fairy tale universe, but there isn't a lot of magic, elves or dragons about them. Plus, I find them really poorly written, so I can't really recommend them although a lot of people seem to like them. (Erotic content: lots - mostly bondage, spanking, humiliation, dominance and submission etc.)

If you don't mind reading online, Mack the Knife's Feldare stories are full of elves, magic and sex. I find them solidly written, with well-rounded characters and stories. (Erotic content: lots - some of it rape IIRC).

For science fiction, I recommend Elf Sternberg's Pendor universe. It's more a huge collection of interconnected short stories than a bunch of novels, though. It starts out kinda magic-y, but soon becomes solidly SF (ring worlds, space travel, aliens and AI-controlled robots all come into play). (Erotic content: lots - almost all of it either kinda furry or bestial, as it involves a universe of intelligent, anthropomorphic beings, many of them modelled on cats, dogs, mice or even lizards, some robots, some BDSM, quite a bit of male homosexuality).
Gudy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-15-2010, 08:10 AM   #3
Altoanto
tsoin tsoin
Altoanto has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Altoanto has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Altoanto has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Altoanto has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: PRS-300
Some leads:
http://io9.com/5096491/ten-of-the-ki...oull-ever-read
(lots of recommendations in the comments too)
Altoanto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 11:07 PM   #4
MrEcko

Thanks for the list Altoanto but I've already read through it prior.

And Gudy do you happen to know a way I could find those Pendor books by Elf Sternberg? I've searched in Amazon and Ebay and can't seem to find anything. Is he online only like that Mack the Knife guy that you mentioned?

I appreciate the help a lot, really.
Old 11-15-2010, 11:35 PM   #5
ATDrake
Wizzard
ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2 International, Sony PRS-T1, BlackBerry PlayBook, Acer Iconia
I can't vouch for their quality, because I have not read these, but the following seem to meet your criteria and are currently offered as time-limited promotional freebies in the B&N store, courtesy of erotic romance publisher Samhain.

Hara's Legacy, by Bianca d'Arc. A multi-brother ménage relationship fights off an alien invasion. First in a series.

The Sword Lord, by Robert Leader. People from a doomed planet escape to colonize ours, landing in ancient India where apparently they end up being gods. This one has a warning for rape. Again, first in a series.

You may also want to have a look at romantic erotica publisher (their offerings tend to be slightly more explicit than Samhain's, though Samhain has much funnier content warnings) Ellora's Cave's e-bookstore, which offers their "Naughty Nooners" short stories in the Free Reads section.

These are of varying quality, but they do have a number of science fiction and traditional fantasy (wizards, fairies, etc.) stories among the lot, and often the writer will also have a couple of books in the same setting, and it's a good way to try before you buy.

Finally, Circlet Press specializes in doing themed anthologies of erotica with fantastical or science-fictional twists (a little on the steampunk side, but still a fair number of space-based/future-tech/alien contact offerings). They put out a bunch of free stories as a Christmas promo last year, and the ones I read were generally of pretty good quality, as erotica goes.

Try a few of their Free Reads and their "microfiction" stories; see if there's an author who does stuff you like and find out which anthologies include their stories.

Probably the cheapest way to buy them is via Fictionwise, during discount coupon sales (there was a 50% off coupon posted recently in the Deals forum; they seem to do this every so often, and have a big Xmas sale too)

Hope this helps, and welcome to MobileRead!

ETA: Well, now I'm up to 666, posting number of the Beast! Seems oddly appropriate that it would be this one.

Last edited by ATDrake; 11-15-2010 at 11:42 PM. Reason: Noticed my latest post count.
ATDrake is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-16-2010, 02:41 AM   #6
Gudy
Wizard
Gudy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gudy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gudy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gudy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gudy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gudy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gudy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gudy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gudy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gudy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gudy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch Lux (623)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrEcko View Post
And Gudy do you happen to know a way I could find those Pendor books by Elf Sternberg? I've searched in Amazon and Ebay and can't seem to find anything. Is he online only like that Mack the Knife guy that you mentioned?
I vaguely remember him mentioning that he had finished a book set in the Sterlings arc of his Pendor universe a good while ago, but I have no idea where to get it, or if it is available at all. The rest of his stuff - all the Pendor stories, his Aimee stories about an Eromancer and his apprentice (magic powered by eroticism and sex!), as well as his newer Bastet stories (more furry-themed stuff along the same vein as his Pendor stories, minus most of the SF) is available at pendorwright.com. The Pendor stories themselves can be found at pendorwright.com/journals/.
Gudy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 03:09 PM   #7
MrEcko

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gudy View Post
I vaguely remember him mentioning that he had finished a book set in the Sterlings arc of his Pendor universe a good while ago, but I have no idea where to get it, or if it is available at all. The rest of his stuff - all the Pendor stories, his Aimee stories about an Eromancer and his apprentice (magic powered by eroticism and sex!), as well as his newer Bastet stories (more furry-themed stuff along the same vein as his Pendor stories, minus most of the SF) is available at pendorwright.com. The Pendor stories themselves can be found at pendorwright.com/journals/.
Sounds really great! Thanks so much.

And I thank you as well for the recommendations ATDrake.
Old 11-17-2010, 06:42 AM   #8
doreenjoy
01000100 01001010
doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Polyamorous
You won't find any incest or rape here, but other than that you should find some interesting books.

http://www.loose-id.com/All-Books/By...n--Futuristic/

http://www.loose-id.com/All-Books/By...y--Paranormal/
doreenjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2010, 11:31 AM   #9
penartur
Groupie
penartur is a jewel in the roughpenartur is a jewel in the roughpenartur is a jewel in the roughpenartur is a jewel in the roughpenartur is a jewel in the roughpenartur is a jewel in the roughpenartur is a jewel in the roughpenartur is a jewel in the roughpenartur is a jewel in the roughpenartur is a jewel in the roughpenartur is a jewel in the rough

Device: PRS500 (great UX and BQ), DR800SG (great screen and features)
Angel Sanctuary?
It is manga rather than novel, but it is epic fantasy, and incest is the key point of the storyline.
penartur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2010, 06:46 PM   #10
FatDog
Witless protection Agent
FatDog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FatDog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FatDog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FatDog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FatDog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FatDog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FatDog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FatDog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FatDog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FatDog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FatDog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
For Elf Sternberg, try his page on ASSTR:

http://www.asstr.org/files/Authors/Elf_Sternberg/

Or try typing "Elf" into the search box (I did not know there was a 14 chapter story about the Elf's new slave...) .

(We really need to get Kovid to create a script to interface Caliber to ASSTR.
FatDog is offline   Reply With Quote