Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex > iRex Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 08-22-2008, 07:28 AM   #1
Jaapjan
Avid reader
Jaapjan doesn't litterJaapjan doesn't litter

Device: HTC Touch Diamond, iLiad Book Edition
Kernel 2.6

There used to be suggestions on a number of community projects to be started such as an open firmware version, kernel 2.6 and other such things.

I seem to recall a kernel 2.6 version even somewhere. However, I am wondering what happened to all the iLiad development? I have seen no news whatsoever on this front.

Anyone have news?
Jaapjan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2008, 07:38 AM   #2
ericshliao
Guru
ericshliao will become famous soon enoughericshliao will become famous soon enoughericshliao will become famous soon enoughericshliao will become famous soon enoughericshliao will become famous soon enoughericshliao will become famous soon enough

Device: Dell X51v; iLiad v2
If my memory serves me right, the problem lies in no e-ink driver for kernel 2.6.
ericshliao is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-22-2008, 07:42 AM   #3
tirsales
MIA ... but returning som
tirsales ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tirsales ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tirsales ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tirsales ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tirsales ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tirsales ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tirsales ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tirsales ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tirsales ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tirsales ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tirsales ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505 and *Really* not owning a PRS-700
There are a couple of problems with the display and the flash-drive of the iLiad.

Unfortunately iRex is not as willing to support 2.6er development as they stated on their homepage and in their forum.
tirsales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2008, 03:26 AM   #4
Jaapjan
Avid reader

Quote:
Originally Posted by tirsales View Post
There are a couple of problems with the display and the flash-drive of the iLiad.

Unfortunately iRex is not as willing to support 2.6er development as they stated on their homepage and in their forum.
You will have to forgive me but I seem to be unable to find the post or information you are talking about. I have found some posts however about the current status of the 2.6 kernel as well as the iRex promise to provide, if needed, a binary driver of the delta display etc if needed.

Perhaps I am missing parts of the talks and you or someone else can point me in the right direction? Everything seems awfully quiet.
Old 08-27-2008, 06:15 AM   #5
tirsales
MIA ... but returning som
tirsales ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tirsales ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tirsales ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tirsales ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tirsales ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tirsales ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tirsales ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tirsales ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tirsales ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tirsales ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tirsales ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505 and *Really* not owning a PRS-700
I apologize for the rotten formulation. What I meant was:
In contrast to their previous advertising "We will support development of 2.6" they are actually not doing so. Neither do they provide development readers (they promised a reader with serial output) nor any kind of drivers (neither 2.4 sources nor 2.6 binaries nor any specs). Actually my email correspondence with iRex can be summarized as "We wont give any support for developing a 2.6 kernel."

I don't know whether any 2.6-development project is active at the moment, but I don't think so.
tirsales is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-27-2008, 08:01 AM   #6
Jaapjan
Avid reader

Mmm. That is annoying. I would have hoped that by now (now that I have aquired an iLiad book edition) that there would be a solid community version available guaranteeing future usebility of the device.

Drat.
Old 09-01-2008, 06:17 AM   #7
mvoosten
Zealot
mvoosten began at the beginning.

Device: Hanlin V3
Don't hope for anything on developers site from Irex, their commitment and support to developers community is zero.
Basicly they are being passed left and right by other companies at a lightning speed. Their ownly advantage was time to market and the community support.. they basicly lost their most valuable asset if you ask me.
mvoosten is offline   Reply With Quote