Connoisseur
Katdragon began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo (currently out of commission), Kindle 3
How does it fold up for travel though?
Katdragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 09:19 PM   #47
graphicsgirl
Connoisseur
graphicsgirl will become famous soon enoughgraphicsgirl will become famous soon enoughgraphicsgirl will become famous soon enoughgraphicsgirl will become famous soon enoughgraphicsgirl will become famous soon enoughgraphicsgirl will become famous soon enough

Device: Nook wifi, Ebookwise 1150, Dell Axim x5
Quote:
Originally Posted by brecklundin View Post
especially as not a single book light is worth more than $5.00 anyway...
Speaking of $5 book lights, Oldnavy is selling one for $5 and it's pretty usable for me. For 5 bucks, I figured it wouldn't hurt to try.
graphicsgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-19-2010, 09:43 PM   #48
Rich_D
Fanatic
Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android phone, Kobo Glo HD, nook ST with Glo (backup)
Quote:
Originally Posted by clintbradford View Post
>> ... Mighty Bright XtraFlex 2 ...

That was my FIRST purchase, too. But slap that sucker on the top of an eReader and hold it for an hour, and it gets heavy ...

I broke my OWN rule (purchase a lamp that uses commonly-available AA or AAA alkaline cells) and snagged a Barnes&Noble nook light. Uses two 2032 batteries - easy to find in the U.S. Photos at ...

http://gallery.me.com/clintbradford#...&bgcolor=black

It is lighter (pun intended) and I am using it now instead of the MightyLight.
I almost went with this one... not using AA or AAA is the reason I didn't. The 2032 batteries aren't hard to find, but the AAA is much more convenient.
Rich_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 10:58 PM   #49
Brookstone
Banned
Brookstone doesn't litterBrookstone doesn't litter

Device: none
I bought myself a Beam N Read book light, an ingeniously designed, very bright hands free light on an adjustable neck strap that lets you read materials that don’t work with clip-on lights, such as newspapers and magazines. Particularly useful for reading sitting up in an airplane seat, but also works (with some fiddling) while lying down next to a sleeping child in bed.

Pros: small and durable, 3 LED bulbs, powered by AA batteries, inexpensive
Brookstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 12:34 PM   #50
clintbradford
Older ... slower ...
clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Kobo, Kindles 2/3/Keyboard/Fire/Fire HD, HDX.
RICH_D >> ... 2032 batteries aren't hard to find, but the AAA is much more convenient ...

And I agree with you. But my Mighty Bright XtraFlex 2 sure makes the Kobo or Kindle2 "top heavy" after reading for a while ....
clintbradford is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-20-2010, 04:03 PM   #51
Rich_D
Fanatic
Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android phone, Kobo Glo HD, nook ST with Glo (backup)
Quote:
Originally Posted by clintbradford View Post
RICH_D >> ... 2032 batteries aren't hard to find, but the AAA is much more convenient ...

And I agree with you. But my Mighty Bright XtraFlex 2 sure makes the Kobo or Kindle2 "top heavy" after reading for a while ....
The only time I use my light is when I'm in bed and the nook is resting on the mattress, so I haven't noticed it being top heavy. The nook itself is a little bottom heavy, so maybe the light on top is offsetting the weight.

Of course you could always attach the light to the bottom or side and try and balance it out.
Rich_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 08:59 PM   #52
Katdragon
Connoisseur
Katdragon began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo (currently out of commission), Kindle 3
Maybe I'm going a little too product crazy with the Kobo - considering that I don't actually sleep next to anyone
Katdragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 02:49 PM   #53
MelC
Evangelist
MelC knows what time it isMelC knows what time it isMelC knows what time it isMelC knows what time it isMelC knows what time it isMelC knows what time it isMelC knows what time it isMelC knows what time it isMelC knows what time it isMelC knows what time it isMelC knows what time it is

Device: Cybook Gen3, PRS600
I never had a booklight for the Cybook Gen3 - just used the available lighting wherever I was. It has been essential for the Sony PRS600, however, as in my experience low light conditions are the worst for screen visibility due to the reflectiveness of the screen. The booklight allows me to even out the light in all conditions and enjoy my reader fully.

Mel
MelC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 04:23 PM   #54
TripletDad
Banned
TripletDad began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
I hope you won't mind some info from a book light manufacturer. I'm from ASF Lightware Solutions (www.readinglight.com) and the Beam N Read Hands Free Light noted by Brookstone (Thank you) is our product. What makes it different, is that instead of clipping to a book, it's worn around the neck and shines light from the chest. So there's no issues about attaching to a device or extra weight on a reader. We have 3 LED and 6 LED models with the LEDs in a horizontal row for a wider light. The 3 LED model easily covers 2 pages of a hardcover book so it's more than sufficient for an eBook reader. Standard alkaline AA batteries (4) last for 120 hours in the 3 LED model (BNR LED 3). MSRP is US$19.95 including a set of batteries. Because it's worn around the neck, it's also useful for many other tasks where it's helpful to have hands free such as knitting and for changing diapers at night (I've used it for this a lot). Also as a travel light, power failure light, and walking in the dark. Since I'm from the manufacturer, I'll leave it at the above technical info. Two independent product reviews did specifically address its use with ebook readers: Gadling.com, a major travel website, and GearDiary.com. Excerpts and links to more than a dozen product reviews are on our website. And it is also available on Amazon and a variety of other online and bricks and mortar stores.
TripletDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 04:58 PM   #55
Penforhire
Wizard
Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage & iPhone 7+
Interesting idea. Anyone here using an around-the-neck light? I don't know how well that'd work for me, if I fidget my neck or torso too much or not.
Penforhire is offline   Reply With Quote