Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 03-20-2010, 05:05 PM   #1
cgk
Enthusiast
cgk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cgk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cgk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cgk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cgk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cgk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cgk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cgk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cgk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cgk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cgk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite Signature
Internal memory or card?

Do people tend to keep books on the internal memory or a card?

I was thinking that if I'm away and have to reset the machine, I might end up with no books if they are on the internal memory and while the card might drain the battery more (and be slightly slower?) that at least I'd still have something to read?
cgk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2010, 10:58 PM   #2
grooks
Wizard
grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Sony PRS-650, Galaxy Nexus, Nexus 7
I only keep unread books on my Reader and that typically is not more than 60-70 ebooks. Therefore, internal memory is good for me.

You could always backup your library on an SD card but just not carry it with you at all times and only use it if you have to reformat the internal storage.
grooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-21-2010, 06:05 AM   #3
Mike_73
Guru
Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.

Device: PRS-505, PRS-600, iPad 16GB Wifi, Kindle Voyage, Nexus 6, Razr HD
I think as long as you do a soft-reset (or whatever it's exactly called), your content shouldn't be compromised. I'm not sure about the hard-reset.

If you go on vacation or so, try putting your stuff on internal memory (it's quicker than the memory cards) and in case you have to reset, have a memory card with the same content as backup. That's what I would do if I were concerned about having to reset.

Well, I only did completely shut down/reset my unit after flashing the firmware with the russian hack. Otherwise, I never had to reset yet.
Mike_73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2010, 11:53 AM   #4
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Resting or rebooting your device won't cause you to lose any data. It is similar to rebooting your PC.

Resetting it to factory default, and option many readers have will cause you too lose all data and settings. But sometimes this is needed if some file or the file system got corrupted... which happens mostly when you disconnect the device from the USB without ejecting it.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote