Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Self-Promotions by Authors and Publishers

Notices

Old 06-24-2010, 08:39 AM   #121
plumboz
Novelist
plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook
Uniform $0.99 price

No promos, just wanted to let you know that Boomerang is now just $0.99 at Amazon, B&N and Smashwords. Should be the same on Sony soon and Kobo.

Thanks, and have a great week.
plumboz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 09:03 AM   #122
neilmarr
neilmarr
neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony
I see you're number nine on the Smashwords best-sellers list, Alan. Huge congratulations and good luck. Neil
neilmarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 10:25 AM   #123
plumboz
Novelist
plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thanks, Neil

Quote:
Originally Posted by neilmarr View Post
I see you're number nine on the Smashwords best-sellers list, Alan. Huge congratulations and good luck. Neil
I appreciate that. Slight correction by vain author here: Boomerang recently flew all the way up to the number 7 spot on the "all time" list. And now that the price is the same no matter where, I am hoping that folks who prefer to get their ebooks from Amazon or B&N will check out Boomerang.

Best,
Alan
Old 07-03-2010, 09:16 PM   #124
plumboz
Novelist

Happy Fourth of July everyone. What better way to celebrate American ingenuity, fortitude and Homeland Music (that would be jazz) than with the ingenious, stalwart and musically brilliant heroes of Boomerang?

It's a thought!
Old 07-06-2010, 02:00 PM   #125
plumboz
Novelist

Quick question.

How desirable do you find a table of contents to be in a novel? I have just gotten a nook (love it, although the whole borrowing from the library thing is driving me nuts). Anyway, a lot of the books I have downloaded have TOC. So far I haven't tried to do that with Boomerang and haven't gotten any negative feedback because of it. Just wondering if it is something I should add to make it more attractive.

Thanks!
Old 07-06-2010, 02:11 PM   #126
Hellmark
Wizard
Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nokia N800, PRS-505, Nook STR Glowlight, Kindle 3
Finally got through my queue enough to make it to this book, and so far it has been really great. All the characters have great personalities, good and bad.
Hellmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 05:40 PM   #127
plumboz
Novelist

Glad you like it so far, Hellmark. Drop me a note when you finish as I'd love to know what you thought.
Old 07-06-2010, 08:35 PM   #128
nomesque
Snooty Bestselling Author
nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-650
Enough people like them that I think adding them in is worthwhile. As long as they're hyperlinked, that is! (ie, click/highlight the chapter name to go there)
nomesque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 11:49 AM   #129
plumboz
Novelist

Looks like it's time for me to do a little more studying! I hope TOC's are covered in Smashwords excellent Style Guide.
Old 07-07-2010, 08:52 PM   #130
nomesque
nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

They are. I find it a little annoying, though, because Word has an automatic TOC option that Smashwords (probably fairly) doesn't support. Gotta do it the Style Guide way.
Old 07-11-2010, 08:50 PM   #131
becsta
Enthusiast
becsta doesn't litterbecsta doesn't litter

Device: Kobo Aura
I just finished reading Boomerang. I really enjoyed it. Good job Alan
becsta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 01:37 AM   #132
plumboz
Novelist

Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by becsta View Post
I just finished reading Boomerang. I really enjoyed it. Good job Alan

I really appreciate you letting me know that you liked it.

Thank you very much.

Best,
Alan

by the by, for anyone who likes to get their ebooks from Kobo, Boomerang is now just $0.89 there.

http://kobobooks.com/ebook/Boomerang...NbQ/page1.html
Old 07-13-2010, 08:42 PM   #133
plumboz
Novelist

Boomerang all Polished up for Kindle

A newly gussied up edition of Boomerang is now live on Amazon and ready for all those Kindles out there. Spacing refined, blank pages eliminated, that sort of thing. Even some minor enhancements to the actual text of the prologue. And all still for just $0.99.

I would love to hear from Kindle owners out there just what you think of it.

Best,
Alan
Old 07-15-2010, 04:56 AM   #134
plumboz
Novelist

Well, what do you know, Boomerang was chosen for the singular honor of Bargain Book of the Day for July 14th at Kindlerama.com. Bastille Day must be auspicious for comic novels of international intrigue.

I've no idea who is behind Kindlerama or what criteria is used for the selections, but Boomerang is in some pretty nice company with J.A. Konrath, Scott Nicholson and Donna Fasano represented in earlier choices.

I am honored.
Old 07-15-2010, 07:58 AM   #135
nomesque

Congrats!!! *applause*

Tags
amazon, barnes and noble, boomerang, comic novel, smashwords