Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 09-23-2013, 03:12 PM   #46
linux.kobo.user
linux.kobo.user began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura HD
This process should not work or continue to work when you fill up the card.

I'm ok with creating an image with dd and then rewriting the image with dd to a new card is ok,
but then you delete the partition and recreate the partition bigger.

The vfat filesystem does not know what happened, I would never do such a thing on a server or desktop with a filesystem I depend on.

Moving the end flag with a partition resizing would seem safer.
Have you tested the procedure intensively, even with filling up the new space ?

The question about formatting is valid.

Last edited by linux.kobo.user; 09-23-2013 at 03:42 PM.
linux.kobo.user is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 04:01 AM   #47
KStock
KStock figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.KStock figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.KStock figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.KStock figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.KStock figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.KStock figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.KStock figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.KStock figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.KStock figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.KStock figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.KStock figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.

Device: Kobo Mini and Forma, Kindle Paperwhite, Yiben P47L
Exclamation Noooo!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by linux.kobo.user View Post
I'm ok with creating an image with dd and then rewriting the image with dd to a new card is ok, but then you delete the partition and recreate the partition bigger.
DO NOT REPEAT NOT DELETE THE PARTITION

If you do, you will lose everything that was on it: your books, the Kobo software, everything.

After writing the image to the new card, use a partition manager to extend the partition so that it incorporates the free space. This will update the tables on the card and in the partition so that they recognise the new size. To check, you can run a file system check on it to ensure that everything's OK.
KStock is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-28-2013, 04:09 AM   #48
KStock
KStock figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.KStock figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.KStock figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.KStock figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.KStock figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.KStock figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.KStock figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.KStock figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.KStock figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.KStock figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.KStock figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.

Device: Kobo Mini and Forma, Kindle Paperwhite, Yiben P47L
Factory reset

Quote:
Originally Posted by nerys View Post
how do I do a factory reset reinstall? a normal reset does not work.
Tap Settings.
Tap Device Information.
Tap Factory Reset.
Tap Reset Now.

Full détails are here:

http://kobo.intelliresponse.com/answ...t+my+Kobo+Mini
KStock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2022, 07:13 AM   #49
mchan1992
mchan1992 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Mini n705
Hello guys and gals, I think I corrupted my MicroSD partitions or something, so it doesn't start up or respond anymore...
Can any of you share your kobosd.img image file, please?

If you wonder what happened - in short - was playing around with my Kobo by installing one weather app (YAWK) for my Kobo and after a full reset I accidentally put the wrong KoboRoot.zip file into the memory of the machine and it's now bricked. I can elaborate further if anyone's interested, but it has basically something to do with the fact that I always need to install the latest security update after factory resets, and only then activate it through the Kobo desktop app, otherwise the desktop app is stuck in an infiloop of "downloading new updates". So, instead of putting the zip file with the firmware update, I put the zip file with YAWK distro there and it's bricked now, expectedly.
mchan1992 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2022, 07:45 AM   #50
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
PM sent in response to the other post and PM.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-05-2022, 02:07 PM   #51
jochen.richert
jochen.richert began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Mini
I also broke my CF card in my Kobo Mini :-(

Can someone please send me an Image file?

Many thanks
Jochen
jochen.richert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2022, 08:19 PM   #52
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
PM sent.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote