Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 01-13-2011, 03:11 PM   #16
stevehaley
stevehaley began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
I really don't see there's any issue at all. A very small number of people are having problems; those who are having problems are receiving replacements. What more would you expect Amazon to do?
I am not sure that it is that small - spoke to two people in the office about my freezing problems and they had both been having similar issues although not quite to the same extent as me and had written it off as a kindle hardware issue. The tech I spoke to was more than aware of the unlit cover issue and immediately refunded me and gave me the credit to get the lit cover. Didnt even want the old one returned.

I would guess that less than 2% of k3 owners are reading forums so 98% are unaware of the issue. It is also certain that the shorting is worse for some users than others. Mine at first was almost every time I tried to turn on I had to reset it then once I removed the cover and put it back on it was much more infrequent maybe once every 10 times - so the remaining 98% may just be suffering in silence. My problems occurred very early on in terms of hours usage but not until I started to commute with it which would suggest that sharp movements may play a factor as well.
It is noticeable that Amazon are not just replacing the cover with another unlit one nor am I aware that they have changed the design which suggests that it is possible that it is a combination of manufacturing tolerances between the cover and kindle that is causing the problem so it is easier just to give the few that complain a lit cover rather than a new kindle.

Still it is nice to deal with a company that dealt with the problem immediately with no fuss.
stevehaley is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
broken, freezes up, kindle cover, kindle lighted cover, lighted