Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

View Poll Results: How do you use Duokan Lite generally?
from the boot screen 127 34.42%
with launchpad hotkeys 34 9.21%
haven't used yet 208 56.37%
Voters: 369. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-20-2012, 01:18 AM   #256
thomass
Wizard
thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 5.3.7
Update

For K3
Version No.: 2012-01-19.C5176.rtm
File Size: 60.1MB
Suitable models: kindle 3
Updated: 2012.1.20

To install for the first time: see the first post

To update from the previous one please follow the instruction strickly:
  • This does not support OTA software upgrade
  • The safety upgrade options:
    • a. switch from DuoKan to the original system, and the WiFi off (menu -> turn wifi off)
    • b. USB connection PC and Kindle, and repair disks, repair, make the two options are chosen.
    • c. copy of the folder DK_System and restart
Package: mirror1 , mirror2
----------------------------------
For K4NT
Version No.: 2012-01-19.C5176.rtm
File Size: 62.1MB
Suitable models: kindle 4 non-touch
Updated: 2012.1.20

How to install: see this post

• a. switch from DuoKan to the original system, and the WiFi off (menu -> turn wifi off)
    • b. USB connection PC and Kindle, and repair disks, repair, make the two options are chosen.

-----------------------------------
New
1 saving auto-flip function time
2 improve the speed epub open

Bugfix:
1 increase epub / mobi stability
2 to solve the problems Kindle disk read-only
3 to improve getWord waiting time to 3 seconds
4 Adjust the font rendering instant turn the problem
5 to solve the font issues caused by crash
6 to solve open epub, mobi crash on exit problem.
7 solve the problem of progress is not saved.

quoted from this page

As usual , you should use en.duokan.com or this email address: kindleuser@duokan.com to send your feedbacks.

For K3 users: old launchpad keys doesn't work for this new one.
Launchpad loader for Duokan2012 is on this post

Last edited by thomass; 01-20-2012 at 01:35 AM.
thomass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 01:50 PM   #257
BernardSamason
BernardSamason began at the beginning.

Device: K3w
launchpad question

thomass,

Inasmuch, as this will be my first install of the launchpad, I do not know, what you are referring to as "your launchpad folder".

I noticed also that some of the mods/hacks require jailbreak, do I need to install it for the launchpad (and is there a Duokan2012 specific version of jailbreak?)

Thank you

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomass View Post
This is a Launchpad loader for Duokan2012: Attachment 80765

to use it, just unzip it to your launchpad folder and restart the launchpad with [Shift Shift Space]

to launch Dk'12: press [^D W]
to return to KindleOS: first [alt+sym>"switch to Kindle"] then [^D X]
BernardSamason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 06:32 PM   #258
thomass
Wizard
thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BernardSamason View Post
Inasmuch, as this will be my first install of the launchpad, I do not know, what you are referring to as "your launchpad folder".
when you install the launchpad hack, there will appear a folder named as launchpad

Quote:
I noticed also that some of the mods/hacks require jailbreak, do I need to install it for the launchpad (and is there a Duokan2012 specific version of jailbreak?)
To install duokan for the first time your Kindle should be un-jailbreaked. ( if it fails, you may need to return your Kindle to its factory default also.)

To install launchpad hack you need to jailbreak Kindle. Launchpad hack is needed only if you want to switch between original OS and Duokan2012 after you installed Duokan2012.
launchpad hack is a hack to use keyboard combinations as a shortcut to perform some functions.

thread for launchpad hack : https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=97636
Old 01-24-2012, 05:33 PM   #259
Serpentine
Evangelist
Serpentine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serpentine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serpentine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serpentine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serpentine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serpentine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serpentine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serpentine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serpentine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serpentine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serpentine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3
Hmmm this version is pretty nice so far, no problems - seems a bit quicker than the old versions too. Only thing that I've noticed is that the top line of text, the characters are not all correctly positioned, some are slightly higher than others making it look a little bit wavy.
Serpentine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 06:06 PM   #260
BernardSamason

Help needed to install jailbreak on K3w for the first time

I have a Kindle 3 keyboard (without special offers.)
My firmware is 3.1, I have Duokan2012 installed.

I now, would like to install some hacks and/or mods.

My understanding is that, step 1 is to install jailbreak.

Which jailbreak package should I install, and where (URL),
can I obtain it?

Thank you
Old 01-27-2012, 05:58 AM   #261
thomass
Wizard

Quote:
Which jailbreak package should I install, and where (URL),
can I obtain it?
You can find it here . kindle-jailbreak-0.10.N.zip > update_jailbreak_0.10.N_k3w_install.bin

This thread is useful also
Old 01-27-2012, 11:50 AM   #262
laairoy
laairoy began at the beginning.

Device: kindle 4 NT.
I'm trying to install on my Kindle 4 NT.

I did not understand step 2 of the manual is for me to do a backup and DK_System ENABLE_DIAGS? or is it for me to copy the DK_system ENABLE_DIAGS and the zip files to the kindle? No have ENABLE_DIAGS in zip.

if anyone has a manual for simpler K4NT send me please.

Thank you,
laairoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 12:18 PM   #263
tvjohn
Connoisseur
tvjohn is a glorious beacon of lighttvjohn is a glorious beacon of lighttvjohn is a glorious beacon of lighttvjohn is a glorious beacon of lighttvjohn is a glorious beacon of lighttvjohn is a glorious beacon of lighttvjohn is a glorious beacon of lighttvjohn is a glorious beacon of lighttvjohn is a glorious beacon of lighttvjohn is a glorious beacon of lighttvjohn is a glorious beacon of light

Device: Kindle 3, K4NT
Quote:
Originally Posted by laairoy View Post
I'm trying to install on my Kindle 4 NT.

I did not understand step 2 of the manual is for me to do a backup and DK_System ENABLE_DIAGS? or is it for me to copy the DK_system ENABLE_DIAGS and the zip files to the kindle? No have ENABLE_DIAGS in zip.

Just create a file named

ENABLE_DIAGS

It can be an empty text file.

You need to Unzip the zip file first on a computer of some sort, then copy the resulting folder to your Kindle, along with the

ENABLE_DIAGS

file you created.
tvjohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 01:02 PM   #264
laairoy
laairoy began at the beginning.

Device: kindle 4 NT.
Now the problem is another asset i put the win7 USBNet only recognizes as "Kindle USB Storage," what to do?

Thank you,
laairoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 03:46 PM   #265
BernardSamason

launchpad keystroke convention question

Thomass,

Thank you!

I installed
update_jailbreak_0.10.N_k3w_install.bin
update_launchpad_0.0.1c_k3w_install.bin
and finally extracted K3Chess-0.1.6b-qtKindle.zip into Kindle

I am able to launch the chess program and run it.

Quote:
You can find it here . kindle-jailbreak-0.10.N.zip > update_jailbreak_0.10.N_k3w_install.bin

This thread is useful also

Last edited by BernardSamason; 01-28-2012 at 01:29 AM.
Old 02-11-2012, 02:02 PM   #266
thomass
Wizard

update

For K3
Version No.: 2012-02-11.C5823.rtm
File Size: 62.4MB
Suitable models: kindle 3
Updated: 2012.2.11

To install for the first time: see the first post

• b. If your current version is the 2012 R1.1, please ignore this step: USB connection PC and Kindle, and repair disks, repair, make the two options are chosen.
----------------------------------
For K4NT
Version No.: 2012-02-11.C5823.rtm
File Size: 64.5MB
Suitable for models:kindle 4 non-touch
Updated: 2012.2.11

How to install for the first time: see this post

• b.If your current version is the 2012 R1.1, please ignore this step: USB connection PC and Kindle, and repair disks, repair, make the two options are chosen.

-----------------------------------
Updates this week:

New features:
  • The interconnection system automatically checking the time (National Time Service Center, Beijing);
  • K4 screenshot function: the soft keyboard key + Menu key combination;
  • Reading status, press the "up" arrow keys, the cursor will appear in the bottom right of the reading page, press the "down" arrow keys, the cursor will appear in the read page is the top left.

Improvements:
  • The K3/K4 capturing When the cursor will default on the "View More" option;
  • Lift the screen saver, exit USB operation, if the processing time longer, and will prompt "are dealing with .......";
  • English books to read interface, move the cursor will be "the word" move as a unit;
  • To use the music player function, the system will automatically enter the screen saver;
  • To optimize the speed of TXT on the next page, the opening speed of the MOBI format, PDF format to open and flip speed;
  • Optimize the K3 system settings interface, set the language, input method, speed setting to the form of drop-down list;
  • Optimize the K4 system setting interface, set the language and input method bar changed to the form of drop-down list, and delete the read setting options.

Fix the problem:
  • Fix the problem of image compression package does not save progress;
  • Repair K3/K4 WiFi connection is not successful, K4 WiFi need a point twice to open WiFi began connections;
  • Repair the open part of the PDF document will crash;
  • Repair K4 users can not delete a bookmark summary; of bookmarks Shuzhai
    (View  select the bookmark you want to delete / Shuzhai  left- delete / view)

quoted from this page

As usual , you should use en.duokan.com or this email address: kindleuser@duokan.com to send your feedbacks.

For K3 users: old launchpad keys doesn't work for this new one.
Launchpad loader for Duokan2012 is on this post

Last edited by thomass; 02-11-2012 at 04:14 PM.
Old 02-12-2012, 06:40 AM   #267
Doitsu
Grand Sorcerer
Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2
I did a quick test run and sadly didn't notice much improvement:

+ The cursor key now moves the cursor to the next word instead of the next letter in Latin alphabet books

- Arabic and Hebrew letters are still not correctly displayed.
(character shaping doesn't work; text is displayed LTR)

- Dictionary lookup word segmentation still doesn't work with French accented characters, German umlauts etc.
(For example, if you position the cursor before the French word "très", it tries to find "tr" in the default dictionary, because the word segmentation algorithm apparently considers all non-English characters word delimiters.)

It'd be great if the developers focused on fixing these basic functionality issues instead of constantly adding features that nobody requested and few users will appreciate.

Last edited by Doitsu; 02-12-2012 at 08:41 AM.
Doitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 12:56 AM   #268
thomass
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doitsu View Post
- Dictionary lookup word segmentation still doesn't work with French accented characters, German umlauts etc.
(For example, if you position the cursor before the French word "très", it tries to find "tr" in the default dictionary, because the word segmentation algorithm apparently considers all non-English characters word delimiters.)
Just wrote to them about this issue and they replied:
Quote:
Thomas:
Thanks for the feedback. We'll follow this issue and fix it in recent
release.
Old 02-13-2012, 02:00 AM   #269
Doitsu
Grand Sorcerer
Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2
Quote:
Just wrote to them about this issue[...]
Thanks for informing the developers.
However, when I informed them about this problem last year, they then replied that it was a low priority issue. We'll see...
Doitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 08:10 AM   #270
perkata
perkata solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.perkata solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.perkata solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.perkata solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.perkata solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.perkata solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.perkata solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.perkata solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.perkata solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.perkata solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.perkata solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.

Device: Onyx Boox Note 2
I upgraded my K3 from R.C.1 to 2012-02-11.C5823.rtm. All went well and my Kindle is working fine but this version seems to have broken folders; all my books are listed beginning at the home page (30 pages!).

I upgraded by deleting the previous DK_System folder and dragging the new one to replace it.

Does anyone still have folders after the upgrade?
perkata is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
doukan, duokan, duokan lite, epub, information, keyboard, kindle keyboard, mod, pdf