Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 01-08-2011, 11:45 AM   #1
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
November Webscription gift thread

I'm going to buy the November 2010 Baen webscription package shortly. When I do, I'll be able to also give it as a gift to anyone who hasn't already registered at the webscription web site.

The November webscription is six full multi-format ebooks of Science fiction and Fantasy from Baen Books.

http://www.webscription.net/p-1256-w...scription.aspx

Cryoburn by Lois McMaster Bujold
Carousel Tides by Sharon Lee
The Complete Hammer's Slammers: Volume 3 by David Drake
Written in Time by Jerry and Sharon Ahern
Live Free or Die by John Ringo
One Good Soldier by Travis S. Taylor

The great thing about this offer is that the person who receives the gift can also gift the webscription when they redeem their coupon.

INSTRUCTIONS
Post a comment in this thread, stating that you'd like to get this webscription package when you sign up at webscription.net. Do not sign up at webscription.net yet.
I will send a private message to the first person to comment, asking for their email address. I will then buy the webscription month and use their email for the gift webscription. They will receive an email from the webscriptions website, giving them a code to redeem their gift.
Once they have the redeem code, they should send a private message to the next person to comment in this thread, get the email addresss, and then redeem their gift, giving the next person's email for their gift.
And so on....

I'll try to keep track of things by editing this message and in private messages with participants. We can usually manage several gift months before things break down, usually through over-zealous spam filters.

Short Instructions: Add a comment. Wait for a private message.

Gift chain so far:
  1. pdurrant: Complete.
  2. koland: Complete.
  3. arlittell: Complete.
  4. darkforce: Complete.
  5. askyn: Complete.
  6. mnfe: Complete
  7. bbriand: Should have coupon. Needs to ask Armor78154 for email address
  8. Armor78154: Shoud expect request for email from bbriand

Last edited by pdurrant; 01-16-2011 at 05:20 AM.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 02:58 PM   #2
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle(all), nook, nookcolor, Sony, Kobo, epic, iphone, iPad, pc
I'd love to get in on this.

pm sent to Armor78154; awaiting coupon my end and email address from Armor78154;

pm sent to arlittell, after no answer from Armor78154.

---

torch passed to arlittell

Last edited by koland; 01-11-2011 at 10:26 AM.
koland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 04:30 PM   #3
Armor78154
Armor78154 is no ebook tyro.Armor78154 is no ebook tyro.Armor78154 is no ebook tyro.Armor78154 is no ebook tyro.Armor78154 is no ebook tyro.Armor78154 is no ebook tyro.Armor78154 is no ebook tyro.Armor78154 is no ebook tyro.Armor78154 is no ebook tyro.

Device: Sony Reader
Would like to participate

I would like to participate. I am an avid reader of Baen books, and this would be a great way to share books with others.
Armor78154 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 06:29 PM   #4
arlittell
arlittell began at the beginning.

Device: archos 70
I've been wanting to try out the webscription, count me in!
arlittell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 07:53 PM   #5
darkforce
Enthusiast
darkforce began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook 360
Hmm, interesting. Put me to the list, thx

[edit] recieved PM from arlittell already, waiting askyn for reply

[edit] gift sent to askyn :-)

Last edited by darkforce; 01-12-2011 at 11:12 AM. Reason: update status
darkforce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 11:55 PM   #6
askyn
Addict
askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite (11th Gen)
I would like to get a copy please, would be my first time tring out a webscription from baen.

Thank you.
askyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 02:43 AM   #7
mnfe
Connoisseur
mnfe plays well with othersmnfe plays well with othersmnfe plays well with othersmnfe plays well with othersmnfe plays well with othersmnfe plays well with othersmnfe plays well with othersmnfe plays well with othersmnfe plays well with othersmnfe plays well with othersmnfe plays well with others

Device: none
I'd like to join the chain.
mnfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 09:47 AM   #8
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle(all), nook, nookcolor, Sony, Kobo, epic, iphone, iPad, pc
NOTE TO ALL: If you join, make sure you check daily (or more often) for a private message here, or you will get skipped.

Also, you MUST give the person above your a NEW email address that has not been registered at baen. Create a throw away one, if you must, but it cannot be one that has been used or the person trying to send you a gift gets stuck in the checkout screen (after being told you are already a customer).
koland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 12:36 PM   #9
askyn
Addict
askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Have coupon .. waiting for response from mnfe.

edit - ignor what I typed before, realized that the date on coupon is for full year not this current year.
Old 01-12-2011, 12:43 PM   #10
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Does anyone else want to join the list for the November 2010 Gift webscription? You must not have previously registered at webscriptions.net.

Just add a comment here, and I'll add your user id to the list in the first message.
Old 01-12-2011, 01:30 PM   #11
bbriand
Enthusiast
bbriand began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-650
I'll take that subscription gift if its still available.

Thank you,
Bill
bbriand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 08:23 PM   #12
askyn
Addict

Completed order, mnfe email used
Old 01-16-2011, 02:29 AM   #13
mnfe
Connoisseur
mnfe plays well with othersmnfe plays well with othersmnfe plays well with othersmnfe plays well with othersmnfe plays well with othersmnfe plays well with othersmnfe plays well with othersmnfe plays well with othersmnfe plays well with othersmnfe plays well with othersmnfe plays well with others

Device: none
Completed order, coupon passed to bbriand.
mnfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 05:21 AM   #14
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠

We're nearly at the end of the chain. Any more want to join in?