Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 05-28-2010, 06:53 PM   #1
Logseman
Orisa
Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Poke 5
Inverting Book Title and Author labels

I've recently decided to try and manage my library through Calibre. My trouble is, many of the files I try to manage are cached by Calibre with the title and book author fields inverted (e.g, I have some books called "Alcott, Louisa May", the authors of one of them being "Little Women" ). I'd like to know if there is a way to invert those labels a posteriori: that is, once the books are put in Calibre's database.

Thanks in advance
Logseman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2010, 08:08 PM   #2
Starson17
Wizard
Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: WinMo: IPAQ; Android: HTC HD2, Archos 7o; Java:Gravity T
Quote:
Originally Posted by Logseman View Post
many of the files I try to manage are cached by Calibre with the title and book author fields inverted (e.g, I have some books called "Alcott, Louisa May", the authors of one of them being "Little Women" ). I'd like to know if there is a way to invert those labels a posteriori: that is, once the books are put in Calibre's database.
No. You should re-add them from the original source. If you've deleted that source, then you should export and re-add them. In both cases, you need to set the regular expression in Preferences Add/Save correctly (to match the order of author and title in the filename) before you re-add them.

If you have already added metadata, you can keep the old records until you have re-added the books, then merge the old record for each book into the new one. Otherwise, delete the old records.
Starson17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-28-2010, 11:44 PM   #3
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Logseman View Post
I'd like to know if there is a way to invert those labels a posteriori: that is, once the books are put in Calibre's database.
Yes, select each book you wish to swap title and author, click edit meta information, check the Swap title and author box and click OK.

You can do this one book at a time via the edit meta information button and clicking the doughnut icon to swap title and author.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2010, 07:10 AM   #4
Starson17
Wizard
Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwanthny View Post
Yes
Oops When did that appear?
Old 05-29-2010, 09:12 AM   #5
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starson17 View Post
Oops When did that appear?
Been there for quite some time now Not sure when it first appeared.
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-29-2010, 11:23 AM   #6
Starson17
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by itimpi View Post
Been there for quite some time now Not sure when it first appeared.
Well now that I know, I can just click that useful button instead of getting PO'd each time I add a file with the wrong regex and get author/title swapped!