Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Other formats > IMP

Notices

Old 01-24-2009, 04:36 PM   #1
russ79
russ79 began at the beginning.

Device: ebookwise 1150
newbie dictionary question

I just bought a ebookwise 1150 and would like to use the random house dictionary. I contacted eti and they told me it is on the online bookshelf. But my unit keeps trying to use the phone to contact eti. I want to load the dictionary by using my internet hookup. help would be much apprecitated, I am not to computer savy but I sure am enjoying the new reader. thanks russ79
russ79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 10:52 PM   #2
nrapallo
GuteBook/Mobi2IMP Creator
nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: REB1200 EBW1150 Device: T1 NSTG iLiad_v2 NC Device: Asus_TF Next1 WPDN
Quote:
Originally Posted by russ79 View Post
I just bought a ebookwise 1150 and would like to use the random house dictionary. I contacted eti and they told me it is on the online bookshelf. But my unit keeps trying to use the phone to contact eti. I want to load the dictionary by using my internet hookup. help would be much apprecitated, I am not to computer savy but I sure am enjoying the new reader. thanks russ79
If you are registered then tapping the Online Bookshelf should connect the EBW1150 to the ETI servers. If you don't get connected, make sure the ETI usb driver icon is "activated" in the system tray. If so, then ensure your ebook reader's settings (ebook menu, tap settings, tap a. Phone Connection) show this:
Code:
1. deselect Use custom ISP
2. For current location, deselect None (home)
3. deselect Use HTTP proxy 
4. deselect Use proxy for USB
With that done, now when you tap Online Bookshelf, it should connect and show you the contents of your www.ebookwise.com Bookshelf.

You can then download/transfer the free (but ETI encrypted) Random House Webster's Concise Dictionary by tapping its name (that's underlined).

Last edited by nrapallo; 01-26-2009 at 10:54 PM.
nrapallo is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert