Font began at the beginning.

Device: none
Problems with Distribution on mainland Britain

There are problems with distribution on mainland Britain:

1. There is only one supplier greenreader.co.uk
2. There is no other distribution channel / agent showing on internet searches
3. There is only one colour PB360 at this time
4. Someone on this forum says PB360 is obsolete
5. I have sent a message to greenreader.co.uk from here and have not received any response
6. There is not any showroom or phone number
7. Ebay lists show US distributors and nothing there on Amazon.co.uk at this time
Font is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 08:19 AM   #2
fjtorres
Grand Sorcerer
fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T100TA,PW2,PRS-T1,KT,FireHD 8.9,K2, PB360,BeBook One,Axim51v,TC1000
Pocketbook readers are primarily distributed via online sales so you're not likely to find many brick and mortar retailers carrying them.
Several of the continental europe vendors ship to the UK. Check out pocketgoods and the rest. Greenreader is... not quite the most... nimble?... Pocketbook retailer.
As for the PB360 being obsolete...
(shrug)
Online forums allow everybody to express themselves. Their words carry whatever authority the reader choose to accord them.
The PB360 is a year-old reader, yes.
It does not use the "oh-so-wonderful" Pearl screens some folks prefer.
That hardly equals "obsolete".
It is a known-quantity, though; a stable, mature reader with a reasonable support structure in the form of add-ins, hacks, and customizations; things the hot toy of the week isn't likely to get for a while.
If nothing else, its ergonomics remain umatched, even among its sibling products.
You just need to decide if what the reader does is what you need a reader to do for *you*.
fjtorres is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-05-2011, 08:27 AM   #3
Font
Connoisseur

The greenreader.co.uk = GBP99 only and Pocketgoods.de = Euro169
Old 02-05-2011, 08:29 AM   #4
Font
Connoisseur

Also, I prefer to shop in Britain if at all possible.
Old 02-05-2011, 08:32 AM   #5
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Font View Post
4. Someone on this forum says PB360 is obsolete
See E-book Reader Matrix - 5" Devices. The 360 is the best of the 1st generation 5" EInk devices, with very old hardware but good software. The only 2nd generation device in the 5" table is the Sony PRS-350, with miles better hardware and ok software but no expandability.
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-05-2011, 08:32 AM   #6
Font
Connoisseur

Germany and USA have more than one distributor, Britain has perhaps 1 only.
Old 02-05-2011, 08:35 AM   #7
Font
Connoisseur

Custom fonts is the main feature I am searching. PB360 has all that customising there.
Old 02-05-2011, 08:41 AM   #8
Font
Connoisseur

https://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/E-bo...x#5.22_Devices

This matrix has not any information about putting custom fonts.
Old 02-05-2011, 09:53 AM   #9
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
This matrix has not any information about putting custom fonts.
This is because the answer to "Custom Fonts?" is often complicated.

On the PocketBooks, FBReader can use any font you add to the device. FBReader can read DRM-free ePubs (not all ePub features are supported), but the default viewer for ePub is Adobe Digital Editions which must be used for DRM-ridden ebooks. PocketBook does not allow you to change fonts in an ePub when using ADE, but you can replace it with a version that does, see Hacked AdobeViewer.app with userstyle1.css. Alternatively, you can use Calibre's ePub to ePub conversion to explicitly reference fonts on your 360 in each DRM-free ePub, see user accessable userStyle.css please (this is requesting what get provided in the other thread, but also includes instructions for the per-ebook approach).

The Sony PRS-350 only supports PDF and ePub and does so via ADE. Like the PocketBooks, it is easy to add on-device fonts to individual DRM-free ePubs via Calibre (ePub custom Fonts on all Sonys) but, unlike earlier Sony's, you again have to hack the device to get userStyle.css support (Is it possible to replace Sony font? [350 & 650]).

You would need to search the forum for other devices. My memory is that at least some Bookeen devices have explicit support for changing fonts in ePubs.
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 11:04 AM   #10
Font
Connoisseur

The PB360 font customisation includes even changing the system and menu fonts and this is not easily possible with other e-readers. There is also not any electrosmog from wireless internet which is a bonus.
Old 02-05-2011, 01:41 PM   #11
paola
Wizard
paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Pro 903, (beloved Pocketbook 360 RIP), Kobo Mini, Kobo Aura
Quote:
Also, I prefer to shop in Britain if at all possible.
if you are happy with the price, go for it - I did buy from greenreader, and they will reply to you... well, eventually!

FishNco also had to wait a little bit, but your order will arrive - and if you are based in the UK, delivery charges are very competitive. So, if you are in a hurry, this may be nervewracking, but otherwise it should be fine - so far they've kept their promises, but you'll have to be patient. Otherwise, try pocketgoods, who appear to be quicker.
paola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 10:39 PM   #12
IndecisiveMe
Addict
IndecisiveMe doesn't litterIndecisiveMe doesn't litter

Device: Pocketbook 360, Sony PRS-T1
Quote:
Germany and USA have more than one distributor, Britain has perhaps 1 only.
I don't understand why Britain only having one supplier is a big deal. Australia has no supplier, so I bought my from the US. It arrived in perfect condition and apart from a few firmware snags, it has been perfect. I've had it nearly a year now and love it.

Yes, it's an older model, but for me, it's one of the best out there and I LOVE the hard clip on cover.
IndecisiveMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 07:16 AM   #13
Logseman
Orisa
Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Poke 5
Pocketbook 360 may become outdated in terms of its hardware horsepower, but it's a device I'll never regret buying. It kindled (heh) the geek passion inside me, and it made me much more aware of the tech world out there, plus its purchase made me aware of the necessity to research before buying, the concept of open-source, and quite a lot of things. And of course, one can read books mighty fine on the thing. I may use it less than a year ago, but it sure has its slot and its function. I'd like to purchase an additional battery though...
Logseman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 04:42 PM   #14
Font
Connoisseur

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...juliabogachova

I have not as yet received response.
Old 02-08-2011, 04:44 PM   #15
Font
Connoisseur

Anyone imported to Britain? Please quote import duty.

Tags
britain, distribution, greenreader, pb360, sales