Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 04-14-2004, 10:53 AM   #1
ignatz
mechanoholic
ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR/iPhone 4S/EVO 4G
Anyone know anything about Newsmonster 2.0?

And while I'm asking questions:

Does anyone know anything about the development of Newsmonster, an RSS aggregator that runs in your browser? The latest version is pretty impaired in conjunction with Firebird 0.8, which is what I run. I'm eagerly awaiting that next stage of development, which I think is going to be 2.0. Does anyone know any target dates on this? I haven't been able to dig any up...

Or else does anyone have any advice for getting 1.2 working and playing well with Firefox? I've heard that it's been done, but it crashed me pretty good, so I'm not eager to repeat.

Your thoughts, MobileReaders?

Last edited by ignatz; 04-14-2004 at 10:55 AM.
ignatz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2004, 09:05 AM   #2
Colin Dunstan
Is papyrophobic!
Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Dell Axim
wow ignatz ... I haven't even known about Newsmonster. But from looking at the screenshots, it looks like a real killer-app! I will definitely install this one.

Thanks!
Colin Dunstan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2004, 09:19 AM   #3
ignatz
mechanoholic
ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR/iPhone 4S/EVO 4G
Be careful if you're running Firefox, as most reports indicate problems that require manual unistallation (and this was my experience as well). Otherwise, *please* let me know your experience with it. I am very interested in using it, but have not been able to.
ignatz is offline   Reply With Quote