Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > ePub

Notices

Old 11-14-2013, 11:19 AM   #1
PalPam
PalPam began at the beginning.

Device: Sigil 7.2
Can't Upload to IBook etc???

Ok, so can't find the posting I did on Tuesday. Is there a faster way to track down one's postings than to scan for it? thanks

Ok, so my book is up on Kindle. It went up the first time. It passed the Kindle Previewer, and then it passed the w3 validator. On Sigil I had seen this "Flight crew" mentioned but figure everything was ok. I tried to put the book up via lulu.com and it came back with 6 issues. I put the question up here and got the answer that I needed to do the MetaData Editor, which took care of 4 of them. Still wouldn't pass the validation. So I did the flight crew validation and got like 30 some odd issues.

most say "attribute 'bgcolor' is not declared for element 'body'
attribute 'align' is not declared for element 'div'
attribute 'border' is not declared for element 'img'
most of them are one of those 3
then:

element 'u' is not allowed for content model '(a|br|span|bdo|map|object|img|svg|tt|i|b|big|smal l|em|strong|dfn|code|q|samp|kbd|var|cite|abbr|acro nym|sub|sup|input|select|textarea|label|button|ins |del|script)'

That must have been done by Sigil because I didn't code anything that way. Not my pay grade level!

Anyway, are there simple answers to this? Or I just won't try to put it up on IBooks and Nook. thanks
PalPam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 02:10 PM   #2
Toxaris
Wizard
Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T1, Kobo Touch, Kobo Aura
Those errors are not that complex actually. Most of the issues arise from the source of your file, GIGO. I assume there are attributes within the tags instead of a stylesheet. Remove the attributes or use the stylesheet. The latter is always the better option.
If you have <u> in your document (aka underline), than that is only allowed within <p> or <div> tags (ok, also tables but lets ignore that). Apparently somewhere in your source it is in another tag.
Toxaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 05:39 PM   #3
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2, iPad, KFire, PPW, Voyage, NookColor. 2 Droid, Oasis, Boox Note2
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalPam View Post
Ok, so can't find the posting I did on Tuesday. Is there a faster way to track down one's postings than to scan for it? thanks

Ok, so my book is up on Kindle. It went up the first time. It passed the Kindle Previewer, and then it passed the w3 validator. On Sigil I had seen this "Flight crew" mentioned but figure everything was ok. I tried to put the book up via lulu.com and it came back with 6 issues. I put the question up here and got the answer that I needed to do the MetaData Editor, which took care of 4 of them. Still wouldn't pass the validation. So I did the flight crew validation and got like 30 some odd issues.

most say "attribute 'bgcolor' is not declared for element 'body'
attribute 'align' is not declared for element 'div'
attribute 'border' is not declared for element 'img'
most of them are one of those 3
then:

element 'u' is not allowed for content model '(a|br|span|bdo|map|object|img|svg|tt|i|b|big|smal l|em|strong|dfn|code|q|samp|kbd|var|cite|abbr|acro nym|sub|sup|input|select|textarea|label|button|ins |del|script)'

That must have been done by Sigil because I didn't code anything that way. Not my pay grade level!

Anyway, are there simple answers to this? Or I just won't try to put it up on IBooks and Nook. thanks
Also:

If you are at Lulu, if memory serves, they are using a really, really old ePUBcheck--I think it's still 1.x. For example, the metadata "Creator" will crash it. You should ask them what ePUBcheck they are using now, so we can better assist you.

Let's start with something easy: do you have a background color set, for some reason, for the background of your book?

Hitch
Hitch is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
attribute, format, sigil