Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 01-08-2012, 07:21 PM   #1
user_none
Sigil & calibre developer
user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR
0.4.905 (0.5 beta) Available

This is the last beta before 0.5. All issues in the previous betas have been fixed. I don't foresee any major issues with this release and there will only be minor (unless critical issues are found) changes will be made between now and 0.5. The translations in this beta are known to be out of date. I will pull the latest ones from Transifex shortly before 0.5 is taged and packaged.

Two issues I could not reproduce on any platform and I recommend deleting Sigil's configuration settings to see if that fixes the issue for those who experienced them. 1) Dictionary defaulting to German when None is selected. 2) Window size and position not being saved between runs.

This beta, as well as 0.5, is built against Qt 4.7.4 on OS X and Windows and 4.7.2 on Linux. The Linux build is built on Ubuntu 11.04. OS X is a 64bit binary (requires a Core 2 Duo as the minimum CPU) and requires 10.6 (Snow Leopard) as the minimum OS X version.
Old 01-08-2012, 08:24 PM   #2
Serpentine
Evangelist
Serpentine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serpentine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serpentine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serpentine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serpentine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serpentine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serpentine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serpentine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serpentine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serpentine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serpentine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3
Download list : http://code.google.com/p/sigil/downloads/list
Advert
Old 01-08-2012, 08:58 PM   #3
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Started this release and it restored to my previous (prior to last beta) windows Locations
Old 01-09-2012, 03:42 AM   #4
meme
Sigil developer
meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, K4 NT, K3, Kobo Touch
Find in Bookview seems to start the search one character before the cursor. I think this may be part of the cache issue you discussed and not something to be too concerned with since its Bookview and works in Codeview ok, but I'll mention it anyway.

Enter "for testing", put the cursor between t and e. Do a find for testing - it will find testing even though its after the t.

Switch to Regex, put the cursor between the space and t. Do a find for ".testing" - it will highlight the space and the word testing instead of not finding anything.

Also, issue 1159 also exists on Linux - highlight text in BV, switch to CV and its been deleted (still available in BV undo)
Old 01-09-2012, 12:30 PM   #5
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Unhappy Replace Next Broken

I just tries a multi-line REGEX, replacing 3 lines with a blank.
As usual I test for a few finds before hitting the All button.
Find works.
Replace Next jumps to the Next, But there were no changes to the previous (repeated a few times to confirm).
Set cursor to the TOF. Find, Replace All Works.. No other changes in settings
Advert
Old 01-09-2012, 12:52 PM   #6
user_none
user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
I just tries a multi-line REGEX, replacing 3 lines with a blank.
As usual I test for a few finds before hitting the All button.
Find works. Replace Next jumps to the Next, But there were no changes to the previous (repeated a few times to confirm).
Set cursor to the TOF. Find, Replace All Works.. No other changes in settings
bv or cv?
Old 01-09-2012, 01:06 PM   #7
meme
Sigil developer
meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, K4 NT, K3, Kobo Touch
Not sure why anyone would do this out of testing for issues, but automatically fixing an invalid xpgt file causes a crash.

Create a file using your favourite editor called junk.xpgt and put the single word "hello" in it.
Start Sigil
Right click on Styles and select add existing files and select junk.xpgt
Double click on junk.xpgt to open it in a tab
Click on the other tab
->You're prompted to fix automatically or manually
Select fix automatically
->Sigil crashes with the message:

Fatal error:
Panic - tree has lost its integrity
Old 01-09-2012, 01:24 PM   #8
theducks
Well trained by Cats

Quote:
Originally Posted by user_none View Post
bv or cv?
CV
It was a surprise
This was the search that DID find
Code:
<p class="calibre2 sgc-1">&nbsp;</p>\s+<div class="calibre8"></div>\s+<p class="calibre4"><a id="p\d+"></a></p>

Last edited by theducks; 01-09-2012 at 01:28 PM.
Old 01-09-2012, 03:46 PM   #9
Zeypxi
Zeypxi began at the beginning.

Device: none
Hi, got this error at launch. Sigil won't start. Cheers.

Configuration: Win 7 x64

Old 01-09-2012, 03:50 PM   #10
Zeypxi

Solved. In fact, we need to remove previous version of Sigil before installing the new one. Is there a way to make the installer remove previous versions of the programme?
Old 01-09-2012, 04:02 PM   #11
Zeypxi

French spell checking doesn't work properly:

Indeed every word preceded by an apostrophe is considered as mispelled. There was discussion on that on bugzilla.
https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=415254

You can also check on http://www.dicollecte.org/home.php?prj=fr

This is a dictionary based on hunspell used on :
OpenOffice.org / LibreOffice
Firefox
Chrome / Chromium
Opera
InDesign CS
Linux

Thanks for your attention.
Old 01-09-2012, 04:12 PM   #12
Toxaris
Wizard
Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T1, Kobo Touch, Kobo Aura
I have a fun one. I logged it as issue 1162. When I make a selection of a word in BV and press the strike-through button, it looks fine. When I switch to CV, the word is gone/deleted.
Old 01-09-2012, 04:56 PM   #13
theducks
Well trained by Cats

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxaris View Post
I have a fun one. I logged it as issue 1162. When I make a selection of a word in BV and press the strike-through button, it looks fine. When I switch to CV, the word is gone/deleted.
It works on XP SP3
It surrounded the word with a Span and made the entry:

span.sgc-1 {text-decoration: line-through}
Old 01-09-2012, 07:57 PM   #14
user_none

Everyone on Windows (pretty much everyone) can you uninstall, make sure the Sigil directory in Program files has been deleted, reinstall then check if the issues still persist. I have reports from some users that this has fixed their issues with BV and disappearing text. One ever reported reinstall 0.4.2 over 0.4.905 and the issue persisting. I think there might be an issue with the Qt dlls not being installed properly when installing over an older version.

If this is the case I'll look into having the installer first uninstall the existing version if it's being installed to the same location.

@meme, are you using the binary installer? Did you also install over an existing install or is this with your source build? I Linux might be having the same issue as Windows.

@Zeypxi, Can you provide some sample text in French that is showing as misspelled that is correct. I want to be able to test any changes.

@theducks, Can you provide some sample text 3 or 4 matches for your regex (if uninstall and reinstall doesn't fix the issue for you). Again I want to be able to test and hopefully recreate the issue.

I thought of a problem with regex replace with the new find code. Not using the cache breaks replacements when using look ahead and behind expressions. I would rather not bring back the cache as the new code is quite a bit simpler but if I can't think of a fix I will. I should be able to do it with a smaller cache that only holds the last fine operation.

Another option I've been thinking about with replace is to have the replace button always replace the selected text even if it doesn't match the find expression. It would still move to the next find expression. How useful would it be to be able to select some text press replace and have the replacement expression used even if it doesn't match the find expression?

@meme, That error sounds like Xerces is having issues for some reason. Due to how little these files are used I'm not going to worry about it right now.

I apologize for all of my response being out of order. I'm party thinking out loud.
Old 01-09-2012, 08:48 PM   #15
ElMiko
Addict
ElMiko actually enjoys Vogon poetry.ElMiko actually enjoys Vogon poetry.ElMiko actually enjoys Vogon poetry.ElMiko actually enjoys Vogon poetry.ElMiko actually enjoys Vogon poetry.ElMiko actually enjoys Vogon poetry.ElMiko actually enjoys Vogon poetry.ElMiko actually enjoys Vogon poetry.ElMiko actually enjoys Vogon poetry.ElMiko actually enjoys Vogon poetry.ElMiko actually enjoys Vogon poetry.

Device: Kindle
In one of the earlier versions (0.4.903, i believe) there was talk of changing --or having changed-- the dictionaries so that they aren't offended by dashes, hyphens, or pretty apostrophes. Where do we currently stand on this?

EDIT: For the record, I ran into the same problem as theducks. the regex search was very simple:
Code:
</p>[\s]+<p>([a-z])
in order to find unwanted line breaks as in this example:
Code:
 <p>The happy pony went</p>
 <p>to the market.</p>

the replace commad was:
Code:
[blankspace]\1
The Replace All function worked, but incremental replace would identify the matching string but not execute the replace command... basically it was functioning exactly like the search button above it.

Last edited by ElMiko; 01-09-2012 at 09:30 PM.
Closed Thread