Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRiver Story

Notices

Old 07-20-2010, 06:04 PM   #1
8andout
8andout doesn't litter8andout doesn't litter

Device: iriver story HD; Boyue T62+
Battery Indicator

Hi there, I got myself a iriver story and have been using it for about 4 days now.

Now this might seem like a silly question, but is the battery fully charged when it is dark or light? Common sense would suggest dark, but going by my device it's hard to tell. I can leave it charging overnight and unplug it, it will show three dark solid bars for a few hours of reading (no music or recording) then go straight to three light bars. If I then turn it off and on there are two dark and one light. And a couple of times it's claimed to have no battery and refused to turn back on, but if I plug the usb in for a couple of minutes it will say it's charged. It looks like it might need to go back.

Has anyone else experienced these kinds of issues?
8andout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 10:57 AM   #2
etoile
etoile began at the beginning.

Device: iriver story
For me, I haven't been experiencing the problem.

When Story 's fully charged, the battery bar is getting dark.
I don't know why your Story shows in a two dark bars and one light bar with fully charged message.

Did you see it's charged or charing....? it depends on the meaning of message-
etoile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 11:13 AM   #3
8andout

It is very strange because if it show me three light bars I switch it off and plug the usb in, it will tell me it is charging for about a second then tell me it is fully charged. If I then unplug the usb and turn it off again, then plug the usb in then it will tell me it is charging for some hours, then tell me it is finished charging. I then unplug and I have three dark bars. If after a couple hours I turn off and on, I have two dark, one light, or one dark, two light, or three light.

It behaves the same if I don't turn the device off when it is charging, if I continue to read while plugged into usb.

It must be a faulty battery, I will have to return it.

I hope play.com don't take too long to replace, I will need to do my reading on my pc in the meantime and it hurts my eyes after a while
Old 07-21-2010, 01:42 PM   #4
n0rd
n0rd began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura & Kobo Aura H2O Ed.2
official icons from firmware 1.71:

no battery

charging

full charged
n0rd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 09:16 PM   #5
greenapple
Evangelist
greenapple will become famous soon enoughgreenapple will become famous soon enoughgreenapple will become famous soon enoughgreenapple will become famous soon enoughgreenapple will become famous soon enoughgreenapple will become famous soon enough

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Kindle DX, Kobo Aura HD
The Story's battery life isn't fantastic (4 days max, with light to moderate reading, without switching it OFF). If it lasts for just a few hours, then the battery is probably faulty.
greenapple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 02:38 AM   #6
melmike
melmike began at the beginning.

Device: I River Story
Yes, dark bars mean charged. It does sound like a faulty battery. I always turn mine off when I've finished reading so get more than the 4 days of Greenapple
melmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 03:14 AM   #7
8andout

Thanks everyone for the replies - yes I it must be faulty. it's dropping far too fast (as in about 8 hours from a "full charge"). I'm sending it back today, and hoping I have better luck with the next one...