Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 06-10-2012, 01:10 PM   #1
tvuongpham
Banned
tvuongpham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tvuongpham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tvuongpham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tvuongpham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tvuongpham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tvuongpham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tvuongpham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tvuongpham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tvuongpham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tvuongpham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tvuongpham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura, Kindle Paperwhite 2nd gen, Kindle KB (dead) PRS-T1, PRS 350
Exclamation 79 refurb sony prsp-t1

What a great deal. FREE shipping too.
Only black color avail.

I just gave in.. $79.96 and added a 19.99 -- 2 year warranty with accidental replacement.

I had two 50$ Sony giftcards .. from playing sonywheelwatcher club -- 10pts daily. They use to have a Jeopardy page too, more free points, but no more...oh well

includes 30 day satisfaction guarantee. Refurb is supposed to be blemish, scratch, dent free and 100% functional.

Normally refurbs have 90 day warranty so 19.99 for two years including ACCIDENTAL damage etc it worth it to me. REPLACEMENT WARRANTY..

So when or if this thing dies within two years.. I will get the new model.. lol

My trusty 350 is getting banged up metal frame but plastic EDGE
that is chipping away..

Last edited by tvuongpham; 06-10-2012 at 10:57 PM.
tvuongpham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 01:24 PM   #2
tvuongpham
Banned
tvuongpham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tvuongpham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tvuongpham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tvuongpham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tvuongpham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tvuongpham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tvuongpham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tvuongpham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tvuongpham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tvuongpham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tvuongpham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

2-year Replacement Plan with Accidental Damage from Handling for Portable Electronics$19.99 +
This plan extends the coverage of your manufacturer's warranty to two years from the date you purchased your Sony portable electronics product.
Benefits:
Guaranteed product replacement coverage
Up to 2 years of total coverage from date of product purchase
Protection against accidents such as drops and spills from day one
Hassle-free replacement of your product
No estimates, shipping costs or deductibles
Lightning/power surge protection
No lemon policy
Full refund for cancellations within 60 days of purchase
Coverage begins on date of portable electronics purchase
24-hour-a-day, 7-day-a-week, 365-day-a-year access to service representatives via our toll-free number
Terms and Conditions
Advert
Old 06-14-2012, 06:47 PM   #3
tvuongpham
Banned

Update: just got it today.. not too bad.. pretty fast shipping from TX to CA.

The reader is flawless.. no scratches, no dings.. 100% factory refurbished.

Moving from 350 to T1-
* larger size
* lighter
* more flexible fonts
* more flexible interface - pinch zoom is handy for pdf

Setup was really easy - calibre is the champ -- I don't use the sony Reader Library program (using Mac OSX)

- Server content nice.
more flexible if you use http://IP_ADDRESS:8080/Browse

If you don't you get the mobile format less options to see stuff.

Overall I like it.
I sewed a soft case for now.. had extra felt lying around. Holding it without a cover is nice. -- lightweight

There is *some* glare but I am indoors, from the frame bezel, but not too much.

I put in a 2GB microSD.., but frankly unless I root it I would be fine with the stock memory, as my PRS-350 wasn't even full and I had over 200 books to keep me busy.

I can imagine rooting it and putting more stuff on there and needing more storage.

But for now I can't imagine "needing" to root it.

I have too many other techno tools iphone, ipad etc to need another tablet, but good to have an option.

I am sure if I had used the Sony software for my 350 the bookmarks on my books would have come across.

... now to get reading.. :-)

and find out how to make custom images.

It is a nice option to have the current book cover as a screensaver, by default that is the setting.
Old 06-14-2012, 07:43 PM   #4
tvuongpham
Banned

Oh.. as a mac user FAT32 isn't an option exFAT and FAT16, but my 2 GB microSD was FAT16 and only saw 1 GB..

exFAT isn't supported.
http://www.kb.sony.com/selfservice/m...d=1%200%204939

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ExFAT
Old 06-15-2012, 11:27 AM   #5
david8866
Zealot
david8866 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david8866 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david8866 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david8866 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david8866 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david8866 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david8866 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david8866 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david8866 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david8866 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david8866 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by tvuongpham View Post
Oh.. as a mac user FAT32 isn't an option exFAT and FAT16, but my 2 GB microSD was FAT16 and only saw 1 GB..

exFAT isn't supported.
http://www.kb.sony.com/selfservice/m...d=1%200%204939

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ExFAT
Does T1 have an option to format the external memory card?
david8866 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-15-2012, 11:51 AM   #6
DojoPat
literature lover
DojoPat has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Sony Ereader PRS-505 & PRS-300
Thanx for the info and review !

I just ordered one too, to replace my 650.
DojoPat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 12:25 PM   #7
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle
Here is a link to the product in case anyone needs it.
booklover6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 06:57 PM   #8
tvuongpham
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by david8866 View Post
Does T1 have an option to format the external memory card?
It does and I tried unsuccessfully.
1. it was FAT16 - reformat stayed FAT16

used Disk Utility MacOSX
1. converted to exFAT
then reformatted with the PRS-T1.. but PRS-T1 didn't see the memory card

I don't have a real PC so I had to format in Windows XP Virtual Machine as FAT32.. all good now.
Old 06-15-2012, 11:07 PM   #9
300com
Zealot
300com ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.300com ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.300com ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.300com ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.300com ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.300com ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.300com ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.300com ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.300com ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.300com ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.300com ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-300
too bad it's for USA only
300com is offline   Reply With Quote