Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 10-18-2013, 05:03 AM   #1531
Randy11
Wizard
Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung EB60, Onyx M92, Onyx Max2
Hi,

Yes, you can use the firmwares gived by Booxtor without problem. Read the first post of this long, long thread and you'll have all the information to update the device.
Randy11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 12:05 PM   #1532
HariSeldon85
HariSeldon85 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 4 NT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy11 View Post
Hi,

Yes, you can use the firmwares gived by Booxtor without problem. Read the first post of this long, long thread and you'll have all the information to update the device.
Thanks Randy
Great info

I've buyed it just for the price, I thought : "Hey, 199€ it's a best buy! For that price I'll stuck with it even if cannot be updated!".
Instead, it's upgradable with official firmwares I'm really happy

Thanks again, and sorry for my bad english.

HS
HariSeldon85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-18-2013, 02:27 PM   #1533
Manolo
Addict
Manolo has learned how to read e-booksManolo has learned how to read e-booksManolo has learned how to read e-booksManolo has learned how to read e-booksManolo has learned how to read e-booksManolo has learned how to read e-booksManolo has learned how to read e-books

Device: Kobo AuraH2O & Onyx i62HD & M92
199 it's a great price! It's usually priced at 300 or more
Manolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 03:00 AM   #1534
HariSeldon85

Hi. I've updated my icarus excel with latest firmware from boxtoor. 17-7-2013 .

When I charge the reader, the battery icon increases its level of charge, up to the end, but the orange led doesn't turn off . It remains orange all the time. I've charged for 24 hours...

Is this normal?
Old 10-25-2013, 04:17 AM   #1535
janek
Groupie
janek has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjanek has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjanek has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjanek has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjanek has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjanek has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjanek has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjanek has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjanek has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjanek has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjanek has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austen

Device: Boox m92
Quote:
Originally Posted by HariSeldon85 View Post
Hi. I've updated my icarus excel with latest firmware from boxtoor. 17-7-2013 .

When I charge the reader, the battery icon increases its level of charge, up to the end, but the orange led doesn't turn off . It remains orange all the time. I've charged for 24 hours...

Is this normal?
Well, mine stops when I unplug the charger
janek is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-25-2013, 07:05 AM   #1536
HariSeldon85

Mine too.

So i can assume that it is normal that the orange led will be on forever when plugged?
Old 10-25-2013, 07:12 AM   #1537
CJY
Zealot
CJY , Klaatu Barada Niktu!CJY , Klaatu Barada Niktu!CJY , Klaatu Barada Niktu!CJY , Klaatu Barada Niktu!CJY , Klaatu Barada Niktu!CJY , Klaatu Barada Niktu!CJY , Klaatu Barada Niktu!CJY , Klaatu Barada Niktu!CJY , Klaatu Barada Niktu!CJY , Klaatu Barada Niktu!CJY , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: Onyx Boox M92
Quote:
Mine too.

So i can assume that it is normal that the orange led will be on forever when plugged?
Not my observation: the light stops when the unit is full and ready to burp.

Cheers!
CJ
CJY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 09:20 AM   #1538
HariSeldon85

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJY View Post
Not my observation: the light stops when the unit is full and ready to burp.

Cheers!
CJ
The firmware version you're using? seems that Me and other people have the same issue with orange led. It doesn't shutdown when it's connected to charger. Not even after 24 hours.
Old 10-25-2013, 10:03 AM   #1539
CJY
Zealot
CJY , Klaatu Barada Niktu!CJY , Klaatu Barada Niktu!CJY , Klaatu Barada Niktu!CJY , Klaatu Barada Niktu!CJY , Klaatu Barada Niktu!CJY , Klaatu Barada Niktu!CJY , Klaatu Barada Niktu!CJY , Klaatu Barada Niktu!CJY , Klaatu Barada Niktu!CJY , Klaatu Barada Niktu!CJY , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Quote:
The firmware version you're using? seems that Me and other people have the same issue with orange led. It doesn't shutdown when it's connected to charger. Not even after 24 hours.
I am on the 20139717, that might be why.

Honestly, I simply didn't notice until just now that there was a two-day newer one. Seems like I should stick with what I have...

CJ
Old 10-26-2013, 02:05 AM   #1540
Manolo
Addict
Manolo has learned how to read e-booksManolo has learned how to read e-booksManolo has learned how to read e-booksManolo has learned how to read e-booksManolo has learned how to read e-booksManolo has learned how to read e-booksManolo has learned how to read e-books

I have the same problem
The solution is shut down before charging
Old 10-26-2013, 07:28 AM   #1541
CJY
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manolo View Post
I have the same problem
The solution is shut down before charging
Just for clarity, I always charge whit the unit off, so I cannot say for sure that the reported issue is betweenthe latest two f/w.

Cheers!
CJ
Old 10-26-2013, 02:03 PM   #1542
Manolo
Addict

Quote:
Just for clarity, I always charge whit the unit off, so I cannot say for sure that the reported issue is betweenthe latest two f/w.

Cheers!
CJ
Oh. So yours it's a different problem. My problem is if I charge with the unit on. When I switch off (not suspend!) it charges Ok.
Old 10-26-2013, 02:52 PM   #1543
CJY
Zealot

Quote:
Oh. So yours it's a different problem. My problem is if I charge with the unit on. When I switch off (not suspend!) it charges Ok.
Ah, I see. Well, if that is the only issue (not a problem for me) then I might risk the update to the latest after all.

There is no log; anyone knows what was added/improved in those two days?

Cheers!
CJ
Old 10-27-2013, 03:59 AM   #1544
Manolo
Addict

Quote:
Ah, I see. Well, if that is the only issue (not a problem for me) then I might risk the update to the latest after all.
I agree is not a real problem IF you know it. When firstly happened to me I thought my AC adapter were faulty. I was surprised when sometimes charged OK and others didn't. But now I know the issue and there is not problem: only switch off.
Quote:
There is no log; anyone knows what was added/improved in those two days?
There is a log for i62/i62ML in Onyx International (China). I suppose it should be the same change log for M92 as were released simultaneously and Booxtor firmware are based in Onyx International.
But I think Booxtor should make it clear
http://www.onyx-international.com.cn....php?serial=38
Quote:
chang log :

fb reader:
* set line space to 100% by default.

cool reader:
* improve citation feature, add delete citation in cool reader.

new pdf reader:
* fixed hyperlink can't work.
* fixed turn page to bring white screen.
* add slide show.
* fixed picture overflow screen after select text font in epub.
* fixed can't exit pdf reader when uninstall external card.
* improve select word in dictionary.

gui:
* using better font family in local dialog.

web browser:
* fixed web browser crash when running DRM fulfillment.

Last edited by Manolo; 10-27-2013 at 05:01 AM.
Old 10-27-2013, 08:21 AM   #1545
CJY
Zealot

Quote:
There is a log for i62/i62ML in Onyx International (China). I suppose it should be the same change log for M92 as were released simultaneously and Booxtor firmware are based in Onyx International.
But I think Booxtor should make it clear
http://www.onyx-international.com.cn....php?serial=38
Well spotted, thanks for that! Any improvements to pdf-reading it welcome!

Cheers!
CJ