Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 09-10-2009, 01:59 PM   #1
pshrynk
Beepbeep n beebeep, yeah!
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iThingie, KmkII, I miss Zelda!
Something weird happened

This morning, I turned my Kindle on and it flashed the book I was reading, then went blank and then I got a timer bar for a while, then it went to the index. My book was not there. I found it again and opened it up. Later, when I went back to read it, the screen was blank again and then opened up tot he index again. Again, the book was not there. When I finally found it, it was at the very end of the list. The whispernet was off and had not been on for a couple days. It was fully charged. I checked the firmware version and it's 2.03.

Anyone else have something like this happen?
pshrynk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 02:19 PM   #2
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
I've had it happen when I leave my K1 on for a long time. Turning it off, and then turning the power and whispernet both on restored the book to its proper place on page 1, and eliminated the flashing.
I have a theory that all electronic things periodically need to be shut completely down, and that Kindles periodically need to "call home" via Whispernet.

If this fails, try a reset.
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote