Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Feedback

Notices

Old 11-09-2012, 10:52 AM   #1
Tarana
Wizard
Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PWSE, Voyage, K3, HDX, KBasic 7 & 8, Nook Glo3, Echos, Nanos
How to stop thread subscriptions

I have tried cancelling the thread subscriptions by clicking the link at the bottom of the email. I get an error. It says An invalid threadid or forumid was specified. for every single one. So, I tried doing it from mobileread forums user access. Can't find any place to stop the threads in subscriptions or options. Help!! I got 57 emails this morning!!
Tarana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 12:49 PM   #2
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
That's a great question, and I'll bring it to the attention of other Team members. I also would like to know. I have "No Email Notification" set as the default when I reply or subscribe to a new thread, and yet each day my email fills up with notifications. For too long, I've simply dealt with it by deleting the email, but there needs to be a better solution.
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 12:58 PM   #3
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
You should be able to do it while logged into the site.

Go into your User CP (the link up there on the left).

At the top of your CP you should see "subscribed threads".

In the bottom right margin of that you see "View all subscribed threads".

Once there you can select threads using the checkbox on the right... or you can use the checkbox in the header to select all threads.

Then in the bottom of the list there is a little drop down labeled "Selected threads." You can change the notification type to None, Instant, Daily, Weekly. Note, each thread can have a separate notification type.

Also, as Tom mentioned you can change your default in your settings to the same options. However the default only applies new subscriptions.

Hth,
BOb

Last edited by pilotbob; 11-10-2012 at 01:23 PM.
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 11:11 AM   #4
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
The key thing is that setting the "No email notification" option only applies to NEW threads. Even after setting it, you still need to remove the notifications for all your existing threads.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 11:33 AM   #5
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

This wouldn't apply to general members, but is there a way to disable email notifications of Reported Posts? They seem impervious to the usual tactics. I can see why they might be an exception to the rule, but as that's the first thing I check when I sign on, having notifications sent to my email inbox seems superfluous. Do you still get emails each time someone reports a post?
Old 11-12-2012, 12:11 PM   #6
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch
Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Orizon, Kobo Aura
User CP -> Edit Options -> Reported Post Messaging

Last edited by WT Sharpe; 11-12-2012 at 12:42 PM.
Jellby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 12:41 PM   #7
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!

Ah, it has its own special section. Thanks, Jellby!

PS: Sorry for the edit. Hit Edit instead of Quote.