Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Fictionwise eBookwise

Notices

Old 12-22-2007, 10:26 PM   #1
Kara
Kara began at the beginning.

Device: eBookwise
Hello from Alabama

I have got me ebookwise and how I need to learn now to use the software.
The ebook is not a new thing to me. I have 3 RCA ebooks, but they are starting to gave out on me. So I got the ebookwise because I though that it would work with the Librarian software that I have on my PC. But it won't and I have over 500 books onit. I downloaded the eBookwise Librarian today along with the Welcome sheet, I hoped would help me learn how to download new books. But so far that is a NO GO for me. I found this site hoping I could learn something that might help.
Kara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2007, 10:52 AM   #2
Ervserver
Wizard
Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch
Hello Kara, I'm sure someone here can help you
Ervserver is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-01-2008, 11:06 PM   #3
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Bump! I hope someone can help Kara.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2008, 09:21 AM   #4
slayda
Retired & reading more!
slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 1, iPad Air 2, iPhone 6S+, Kobo Aura One
Hey Kara & welcome. Also from Alabama but a Sony Reader user. You might get some ideas from this thread.
slayda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2008, 11:19 AM   #5
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kara View Post
I have got me ebookwise and how I need to learn now to use the software.
The ebook is not a new thing to me. I have 3 RCA ebooks, but they are starting to gave out on me. So I got the ebookwise because I though that it would work with the Librarian software that I have on my PC. But it won't and I have over 500 books onit. I downloaded the eBookwise Librarian today along with the Welcome sheet, I hoped would help me learn how to download new books. But so far that is a NO GO for me. I found this site hoping I could learn something that might help.
Which software? Read my article on the eBookwise 1150 on my home page site. Then check the wiki here at MobileRead. Check the eBookwise.com web site for details on using the online bookshelf.

Welcome to the group. I am sure we can help if you ask a bit more specific question.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-03-2008, 12:53 PM   #6
giedre
Connoisseur
giedre is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.giedre is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.giedre is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.giedre is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.giedre is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.giedre is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.giedre is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.giedre is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.giedre is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.giedre is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.giedre is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: Sony 500,505, Kindle, 1150
Could you possibly drag and drop your ebooks onto the ebookwise librarian? I'm having some "issues" with the librarian also, although it's probably just not having figure it out yet!
giedre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2008, 02:21 PM   #7
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by giedre View Post
Could you possibly drag and drop your ebooks onto the ebookwise librarian? I'm having some "issues" with the librarian also, although it's probably just not having figure it out yet!
Yes, I can drop .imp files directly into eBook Librarian. However, generally I just move them to the directory myself and then eBook Librarian finds them automatically.

Dale
Old 01-10-2008, 01:31 PM   #8
myeclectica
myeclectica began at the beginning.

Device: Many/Gemstar through Sony
RCA vs. EBW?

Kara,

Do your 500 ebook files end with an extension of ".rb". If so, they need to be converted to ".imp".

I was in the same boat as you but (going from an RCA REB1100 to a EBW/ETI2 & ETI2). I used the GEBLibrarian though. GEBLibrarian is not free but its cheap.

With this I was able to take all my ebooks from my old RCA reader and convert them for use with both of my "new" ebook readers.

Hope this helps.

Bob

PS - Say hello to my folks in Alabaster. Tell them their son in Minnesota is freezing!
myeclectica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008, 02:00 PM   #9
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by myeclectica View Post
Kara,

Do your 500 ebook files end with an extension of ".rb". If so, they need to be converted to ".imp".

I was in the same boat as you but (going from an RCA REB1100 to a EBW/ETI2 & ETI2). I used the GEBLibrarian though. GEBLibrarian is not free but its cheap.

With this I was able to take all my ebooks from my old RCA reader and convert them for use with both of my "new" ebook readers.

Hope this helps.

Bob

PS - Say hello to my folks in Alabaster. Tell them their son in Minnesota is freezing!
GEBLibrarian works fine for this. You can also use the free download from the ETI site for doing this conversion. It has the side benefit of leaving the files behind so you can tweak them if you wish. I tend to add clickable toc's and other refinements to books I convert.

Dale