Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Uploads - Patricia Clark Memorial Library > ePub Books

Notices

Old 06-06-2009, 10:25 PM   #16
khalleron
Kate
khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7 2013, Kobo Aura H2O, Kobo Forma
Thank you so much, Zelda! This is one of my favoritest books in the whole world! I've bought so many copies, given away so many copies - this was the first book I did for esspc - not nearly so fine as yours, I'm really looking forward to reading it again, with pictures and everything!

[favoritest is a word, isn't it?]
khalleron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2009, 11:28 PM   #17
khalleron
Kate
khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

OK, I've downloaded it and it is beautiful! Thank you so much!

Just one minor quibble (and there's always one, isn't there?) - on my PRS-505, the author shows as A. Frederics. I've tried changing it in Calibre and Mobipocket Creator, but both of them show the metadata with Jerome K. Jerome as the author. I don't know enough about either ePub or XHTML to know what is wrong or how to fix it, or I wouldn't bother you with it. It's a minor annoyance that I can certainly live with.

Once again, it's beautiful - who says ebooks are ugly?
Advert
Old 06-07-2009, 05:25 AM   #18
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Zelda, this is beautiful. I deleted my other one from manybooks. I love the little illustrations and the old manuscript first letter in the chapter. Those old guys are hilarious!

Just checked my listing of the author on the 505. It shows Jerome K. Jerome, but I load through the Sony Library and left it as epub.

Thank you again.
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2009, 09:51 AM   #19
khalleron
Kate

Thank you, dreams, for checking that. I did figure out how to go into the .opf and change the metadata. I load through Calibre - looks like it's a problem with Calibre then.

Anyway, it's fixed to my liking, so no need for zelda to do anything.

So glad to have such a lovely version of one of my favorite books. Thanks again, zelda!
Old 06-07-2009, 09:55 AM   #20
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by khalleron View Post
Thank you so much, Zelda! This is one of my favoritest books in the whole world! I've bought so many copies, given away so many copies - this was the first book I did for esspc - not nearly so fine as yours, I'm really looking forward to reading it again, with pictures and everything!

[favoritest is a word, isn't it?]
i'm thrilled you like it. it's one of my favoritest books too. i've read it many times but it still makes me laugh uncontrollably ; i had to give up on reading it on the métro, i was getting too embarassed about people staring at me.

Quote:
OK, I've downloaded it and it is beautiful! Thank you so much!

Just one minor quibble (and there's always one, isn't there?) - on my PRS-505, the author shows as A. Frederics. I've tried changing it in Calibre and Mobipocket Creator, but both of them show the metadata with Jerome K. Jerome as the author. I don't know enough about either ePub or XHTML to know what is wrong or how to fix it, or I wouldn't bother you with it. It's a minor annoyance that I can certainly live with.

Once again, it's beautiful - who says ebooks are ugly?
hm, the author name showing as A. Frederics is strange. that is the name of the illustrator, so he is in the meta-data, but should not appear as the author... i am not sure why that would happen, so if anyone knows, please explain !

Quote:
Thank you, dreams, for checking that. I did figure out how to go into the .opf and change the metadata. I load through Calibre - looks like it's a problem with Calibre then.

Anyway, it's fixed to my liking, so no need for zelda to do anything.

So glad to have such a lovely version of one of my favorite books. Thanks again, zelda!
you are very welcome ! what did you change in the metadata in the .opf ? i ask for my own information, since that is definitely a "bug" which should be fixed...
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-07-2009, 09:58 AM   #21
khalleron
Kate

I deleted the line that showed A. Frederics as the creator. Now the Sony shows JKJ as author.

Since dream doesn't have the problem loading from the Sony library, I'm going to have to conclude that it's a problem with the way Calibre loads metadata.
Old 06-07-2009, 10:01 AM   #22
zelda_pinwheel
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
I deleted the line that showed A. Frederics as the creator. Now the Sony shows JKJ as author.

Since dream doesn't have the problem loading from the Sony library, I'm going to have to conclude that it's a problem with the way Calibre loads metadata.
ha, okay. that would certainly fix it. still an odd bug. are you using an old version of calibre ? if no, you should report that to kovid. since Frederics is defined as the "illustrator" and not the "author" in the meta-data, his name shouldn't appear instead of Jerome.
Old 06-08-2009, 12:16 AM   #23
Ankh
Guru
Ankh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ankh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ankh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ankh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ankh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ankh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ankh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ankh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ankh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ankh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ankh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Thanks a lot, Zelda. Outstanding work.

The latest version is missing
Quote:
<hr class="spacing" />
above its "h3" chapter tag, file boat005_ch02.xhtml
Ankh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 06:47 AM   #24
zelda_pinwheel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ankh View Post
Thanks a lot, Zelda. Outstanding work.

The latest version is missing

above its "h3" chapter tag, file boat005_ch02.xhtml
oops ! you're right about that. fixed it now, uploading version... um... eleventy . thanks for pointing it out !
Old 06-29-2009, 02:31 PM   #25
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jellby View Post
Now, where is the ePUB firmware for the Cybook?
In the 505.
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 12:13 AM   #26
Catire
Lord of the Universe
Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-505 / PSP
Thanks for the great book zelda, it looks really good

Last edited by Catire; 07-01-2009 at 12:18 AM.
Catire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 06:20 AM   #27
dpierron
calibre2opds guru
dpierron shines like a glazed doughnut.dpierron shines like a glazed doughnut.dpierron shines like a glazed doughnut.dpierron shines like a glazed doughnut.dpierron shines like a glazed doughnut.dpierron shines like a glazed doughnut.dpierron shines like a glazed doughnut.dpierron shines like a glazed doughnut.dpierron shines like a glazed doughnut.dpierron shines like a glazed doughnut.dpierron shines like a glazed doughnut.

Device: iPhone, iPad, PRS-650
Merci Zelda !

I didn't read it yet, but I opened it and had a deep look : it's gorgeous, easily the best looking ePub book I have ever seen...

Now it's up to Jerome K. Jerome ; will the text actually live up to my expectations ?

Encore merci Zelda, à bientôt,
David.
dpierron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 06:26 AM   #28
zelda_pinwheel

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpierron View Post
Merci Zelda !

I didn't read it yet, but I opened it and had a deep look : it's gorgeous, easily the best looking ePub book I have ever seen...

Now it's up to Jerome K. Jerome ; will the text actually live up to my expectations ?

Encore merci Zelda, à bientôt,
David.
waouh, merci beaucoup pour les compliments !! as for jerome... i have the greatest confidence that he will not disappoint you. one advice, don't read it in public if you are shy about people staring at you as you giggle like a loon all by yourself. enjoy it ! tu m'en diras des nouvelles.

à bientôt !
Old 07-04-2009, 01:09 PM   #29
Valloric
Created Sigil, FlightCrew
Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD
Zelda, looking at your "main.css" file, you seem to have a bug .

A font file ("DejaVuSerif-BoldItalic.ttf") is referenced that doesn't exist in the "fonts" folder, and one font file that is in the "fonts" folder ("Fontin-SmallCaps.ttf") isn't referenced anywhere in the CSS.
Valloric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2009, 02:09 AM   #30
cbell
Frenetic
cbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipse

Device: iLiad V2
This is beautiful! Thank you very much, zelda_pinwheel!

Last edited by cbell; 07-18-2009 at 03:03 AM.
cbell is offline   Reply With Quote