Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Apple Devices

Notices

Old 12-23-2013, 12:51 PM   #61
MeSue
Geek in the Forest
MeSue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MeSue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MeSue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MeSue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MeSue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MeSue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MeSue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MeSue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MeSue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MeSue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MeSue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Air, iPhone 4s, Nexus 7
FYI - the Gripster for iPad Air was priced $51 and change on their website. But I understand waiting.

I did drop my iPad once with the Roocase and it survived. So it is very protective. I have to be more careful with just the Solo. However I am one finger typing with it in the car right now and it's pretty comfy with the stand as a handle.

Happy holidays!
MeSue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2013, 08:03 PM   #62
JTravers
Groupie
JTravers ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JTravers ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JTravers ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JTravers ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JTravers ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JTravers ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JTravers ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JTravers ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JTravers ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JTravers ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JTravers ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Air 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeSue View Post
FYI - the Gripster for iPad Air was priced $51 and change on their website. But I understand waiting.

I did drop my iPad once with the Roocase and it survived. So it is very protective. I have to be more careful with just the Solo. However I am one finger typing with it in the car right now and it's pretty comfy with the stand as a handle.

Happy holidays!
Is it still priced at $51 somewhere on their website or was that a special deal? It looks to be $70 now. I think I'll take the plunge with the Solo this week. I do have an accidental damage warranty so, in theory, I shouldn't worry too much about protection. For some reason, I still worry, though
JTravers is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-23-2013, 10:09 PM   #63
MeSue
Geek in the Forest
MeSue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MeSue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MeSue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MeSue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MeSue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MeSue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MeSue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MeSue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MeSue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MeSue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MeSue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTravers View Post
Is it still priced at $51 somewhere on their website or was that a special deal? It looks to be $70 now.

No, it changed since I first saw it. Maybe it was a mistake. No point in ordering one now, since I just noticed it says they won't ship until Feb. 1.
Old 12-30-2013, 05:55 PM   #64
JTravers
Groupie
JTravers ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JTravers ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JTravers ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JTravers ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JTravers ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JTravers ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JTravers ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JTravers ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JTravers ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JTravers ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JTravers ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
JTravers: did you get your Solo yet and how do you like it?
I still like the Solo quite a lot, but I have not traveled with it yet, and that will be the true test. That will happen next week.

I've had a few days now to use the Solo, and I must say that I really like it. I pretty much agree with everything you previously wrote. It definitely isn't as elegant as the Gripster, and I do think the leg is too skinny. I also don't like the fact that the edges of the leg come to a sharp point; I'm a bit leery of the possibility of scratching or puncturing whatever I put the leg on (esp with wood or soft leather surfaces). I would much prefer the edge of the leg to be rounded or rubberized.

All in all, it's a great buy for under $5 shipped via Amazon Prime now. And it adds quite a but if versatility to the Air while still keeping it light and thin and not adding much bulk at all.

One more question for you. Does the Solo interfere with the attachment of the Smart Cover at all? Just want to be sure before I go out and buy one.

Thanks, and Happy New Year!
Old 12-30-2013, 09:31 PM   #65
MeSue
Geek in the Forest

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTravers View Post

One more question for you. Does the Solo interfere with the attachment of the Smart Cover at all? Just want to be sure before I go out and buy one.

No, it does not interfere with the Smart Cover at all. Also, the cover is nice because you can flip it back and use it to protect whatever you put the leg on. It also gives it more stability on jiggly surfaces--like my belly! TMI?

The solo passed my travel test. I altered between propping it on a pillow and holding the iPad one handed with the Solo as a kind of grip/prop. Worked out pretty well.

Under $5 now is excellent! I did manage to get a partial credit from Amazon since the price dropped before I received mine.

Happy New Year to you, too!
Advert
Old 12-31-2013, 03:40 PM   #66
JTravers
Groupie

Quote:
No, it does not interfere with the Smart Cover at all. Also, the cover is nice because you can flip it back and use it to protect whatever you put the leg on. It also gives it more stability on jiggly surfaces--like my belly! TMI?

The solo passed my travel test. I altered between propping it on a pillow and holding the iPad one handed with the Solo as a kind of grip/prop. Worked out pretty well.

Under $5 now is excellent! I did manage to get a partial credit from Amazon since the price dropped before I received mine.

Happy New Year to you, too!
Thanks for the info on the Smart Cover.

Right now the only thing I miss about the Gripster is the great feel of the rubberized handle. The Solo will definitely hold me over until the Gripster Wrap is released and, hopefully, drops a bit in price. Thanks again for pointing out its availability at such a low price.