Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 02-18-2013, 10:05 AM   #196
ScalyFreak
Sith Wannabe
ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy Note 4, Kobo Aura H2O, Kindle Fire HD, Aluratek Libre
Quote:
Originally Posted by koland View Post
Maybe they were doing maintenance?

It's up now (at least, for me).
It's back up for me as well now
ScalyFreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 01:04 PM   #197
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle(all), nook, nookcolor, Sony, Kobo, epic, iphone, iPad, pc
Quote:
Originally Posted by melmac View Post
Create an Interest the option is on left bar you may have to click the more button to see it. Then go to the persons facebook page and next to the Like button is a message button which has an icon that looks like a gear, click the gear and a drop menu will appear giving you the option to add the page to yout Interest List. This will add it to your interest feed and not your news feed you don't even have to like the page to add it to the interest list.
So, if I've added them to my interest feed (I just dumped a bunch in from my pages and friends list), I can then just remove all notifications from the news feed, you think?

I'll give it a try.
koland is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-18-2013, 01:50 PM   #198
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by booklover6 View Post
Thanks for the tip! I had no idea you could do this. Having fun adding authors to my Books Interest list!
Thanks from me, as well, but I'd call this tedium, not fun.

Perhaps if i can delete everything from the news feed, I might look at it, now and then (and I've banished all "friends" and family from there, who tend to post drivel and minutia and embarrassing-for-them pictures).

My news feed now more closely resembles the advertising channel, since you can't banish the in-line-pretending-to-be-posts ads.
Old 02-18-2013, 02:03 PM   #199
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Thanks from me, as well, but I'd call this tedium, not fun.

Perhaps if i can delete everything from the news feed, I might look at it, now and then (and I've banished all "friends" and family from there, who tend to post drivel and minutia and embarrassing-for-them pictures).

My news feed now more closely resembles the advertising channel, since you can't banish the in-line-pretending-to-be-posts ads.
Yeah you can with Ad Block if using a PC Browser. On the Mobile app no.

I don't use my news feed at all. Under Friends on the left side menu is a list called Close friends that's where real people I know or relatives to go. The news feed only shows what it wants anyway. The lists let me get everything and I can control what I want to see.

I use FB mostly for author and publisher information.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 03:36 PM   #200
koland
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
Yeah you can with Ad Block if using a PC Browser. On the Mobile app no.

I don't use my news feed at all. Under Friends on the left side menu is a list called Close friends that's where real people I know or relatives to go. The news feed only shows what it wants anyway. The lists let me get everything and I can control what I want to see.

I use FB mostly for author and publisher information.
I made new lists for that - the ones facebooks uses to try to determine your relatives, I've left entirely blank.

All my lists, of any type, are marked as private as I can make them, so no one else sees them.

Now, if only I could hide every single thing on my public profile (friends are gone, but other stuff remains).
Advert
Old 02-18-2013, 03:49 PM   #201
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
I made new lists for that - the ones facebooks uses to try to determine your relatives, I've left entirely blank.

All my lists, of any type, are marked as private as I can make them, so no one else sees them.

Now, if only I could hide every single thing on my public profile (friends are gone, but other stuff remains).
I have everything set to private too. When you view my public Profile you don't see anything. It's blank other than my AV.
Old 02-18-2013, 03:57 PM   #202
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:

By golly I found it! You asked how to remove someone from your News feed? If you added them as a friend you can do it from the place where you view all your friends from your timeline page.

This is great! I have a few relatives that irk me.
Old 02-18-2013, 03:59 PM   #203
apesmom
Wizard
apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Nova Air, Galaxy Note 10
HarperCollins has Vicki Pettersson's entire 6 book Signs of the Zodiac series on sale for $0.99 each. Kind of a dark super hero/UF series that's a little light on the romantic relationships.

1. The Scent of Shadows
2. The Taste of Night
3. The Touch of Twilight
4. City of Souls
5. Cheat the Grave
6. The Neon Graveyard

Check your favorite retailer, already dropped at Kindle and Nook but I'll wait for BoB.
apesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 06:58 PM   #204
chilady1
I devour books!
chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Air, Kindle 3/Kobo Aura HD, iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by apesmom View Post
HarperCollins has Vicki Pettersson's entire 6 book Signs of the Zodiac series on sale for $0.99 each. Kind of a dark super hero/UF series that's a little light on the romantic relationships.

1. The Scent of Shadows
2. The Taste of Night
3. The Touch of Twilight
4. City of Souls
5. Cheat the Grave
6. The Neon Graveyard

Check your favorite retailer, already dropped at Kindle and Nook but I'll wait for BoB.
THANK YOU! Had the first 4, but was able to pick up the last two. Great price!
chilady1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 10:14 AM   #205
apesmom
Wizard
apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Kindle Freebie from publisher Kensington
edit: also free at Nook

Lady Gone Bad by Sabine Starr

Quote:
A Woman's Secrets
The saloon singer known as Lady Gone Bad is the most drop-dead gorgeous outlaw the West has ever seen. Lady has never met a cowboy she couldn't entice, or a lawman she couldn't outrun. But when Lady tangles with a sexy U.S. Marshall, she's tempted to stick around long enough to watch him lay down the law--in her bed.

A Man's Desires

U. S. Marshall Rafe Morgan wants to lock up Lady Gone Bad for good--and he won't let his attraction to her slow him down. But when his attempt to bring Lady to justice goes awry, Rafe is nearly hanged--and by dawn, his face is plastered next to hers on every "Wanted" poster in Texas.

A Passion Unleashed

Now on the run together, Rafe and Lady find themselves in very close quarters--and even more compromising positions. As Lady surrenders to Rafe's touch, she slowly begins to reveal all her secrets--including her real name. Maybe Lady Gone Bad isn't beyond redemption after all. Either way, Rafe is in for one wild ride. . .
Old 02-19-2013, 10:22 AM   #206
apesmom
Wizard

Repeat Freebie from Kensington

The Hunter (Legend Chronicles #1) by Theresa Meyers Nook | Kindle

Quote:
They're the Chosen-Winchester, Remington and Colt-brothers trained to hunt down supernatural beings using the latest steam-powered gadgetry. It's a hard legacy to shoulder, and it's about to get a lot more dangerous. . .
A Devil Of A Job

Colt Jackson has gotten his name on many a wanted poster with success in the family business: hunting supernaturals across the frontier. Lately, though, there's a sulfur stink in the wind and the Darkin population is exploding. A rift in the worlds is appearing. To close it, Colt will have to do the unthinkable and work with a demon to pass arcane boundaries no human alone can cross.

Except when he summons his demon, he doesn't get some horned monstrosity: he gets a curvy redheaded succubus named Lilly, who's willing to make a bargain to become human again. He also gets Lilly's secret expertise on the machinations on the dark side of the rift. And her charm and cleverness help to get them out of what his silver-loaded pistol and mechanical horse can't. Of course, when all hell breaks loose, he might have to sacrifice his soul. But what's adventure without a little risk?
Old 02-19-2013, 11:20 AM   #207
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Kindle Freebie from publisher Kensington
edit: also free at Nook

Lady Gone Bad by Sabine Starr
I had this on my wishlist!
Old 02-19-2013, 11:25 AM   #208
apesmom
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
I had this on my wishlist!

Wow, you've been hitting the wish list lottery lately. I love it when that happens.
Old 02-19-2013, 11:36 AM   #209
apesmom
Wizard

Quote:
These have already dropped at BoB - $0.76
Old 02-19-2013, 02:32 PM   #210
Britomart
Guru
Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Opus, PC
Free from Amazon:

The Ghost of Squire House US DE by Joanne Pence (mystery author).

Quote:
For decades, the home built by reclusive artist, Paul Squire, stood empty on a windswept cliff overlooking the ocean. Those who attempted to live in the home soon fled in terror. Jennifer Barrett knows nothing of the history of the house she inherited. All she knows is that she's glad for the chance to make a new life for herself.

It's Paul Squire's duty to rid his home of intruders, but something about this latest newcomer's vulnerable status...and resemblance to someone from his past...dulls his resolve. Jennifer would like to find a real flesh-and-blood man to liven her days and nights--someone to share her life with—but living in the artist's house, studying his paintings, she is surprised at how close she feels to him.

A compelling, prickly ghost with a tortured, guilt-ridden past, and a lonely heroine determined to start fresh find themselves in a battle of wills and emotion in this story of love, time, and chance.

[This story was previously published under the pseudonym JoMarie Lodge.]
Limbo Man US DE by Blair Bancroft (former Signet regency author).

Quote:
FBI Special Agent Vee Frost does not care for Homeland Security's list of job qualifications when they ask to borrow her services. "An experienced agent with a proven track record" is good. "Fluent in Russian" hints of an assignment close to her heart. But "Attractive female, under thirty-five" sends up red flags. Obviously, DHS is asking for services above and beyond the call of duty. But a loan to Homeland Security would look great on her resumé, and it sounds as if they really need her . . .

But when Vee agrees to turn on the charm for a mystery man who may hold the clue to something vital to U. S. security, she never anticipates a chase after two nuclear bombs from the old Soviet arsenal that will take her and the amnesiac Russian arms dealer from New York City to Connecticut, Colorado, New Jersey, and Florida, then on to Siberia and Iran. Nor does she expect to unearth a second personality beneath the façade of the tough arms dealer, Sergei Tokarev. A man with an agenda as hidden as the facts in his brain.

No matter how strong the bond Vee and Sergei form as they chase from one danger to the next, it seems doubtful either of them will live long enough to enjoy a happy ending.

Author's Note: LIMBO MAN and ORANGE BLOSSOMS & MAYHEM were written years apart, and yet the two stories, featuring amnesiac heros, were uploaded back to back. My only excuse: with all the current headlines about Iran's nuclear program, it just seemed the right time for LIMBO MAN to go "live."
Britomart is offline   Reply With Quote