Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 10-26-2012, 09:34 PM   #1
Retro80S
Retro80S began at the beginning.

Device: none
Can't change the default install directory...

When I go to advance install and change the install directory to D:\Program Files\Calibre\
it still installs to the default C:\........

This is not where I want to install it as I use an SSD for OS only and don't want to fill it with programs.

It should install where I direct it, however it does not, any ideas?

This is the only program that insists on installing to C:

Windows 7 64bit...

Thanks
Retro80S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 07:21 AM   #2
mrmikel
Color me gone
mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-300
It might not be working because calibre is not a 64 bit application and plain Program Files connotes 64 bit applications.
mrmikel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-27-2012, 01:28 PM   #3
Retro80S
Retro80S began at the beginning.

Device: none
I thought of that, however, I can install 32 bit applications to whatever directory I choose, the same with 64 bit applications, the install location is handled by the registry, so in theory it should not matter where I choose to install it?

Calibre is the only one that will not let me change the default...I can type in the location, browse to the location and it appears to change in the install dialog box, but still installs to the default C:\.......
Retro80S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 02:47 PM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Calibre uses a standard msi installer. Debugging those takes more time than building the pyramids. If it isn't working for you, use the portable install, that you can move anywhere you like.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote