Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 06-27-2004, 08:53 AM   #1
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
Exclamation Google Toolbar Pagerank Checksum Revealed!

Doctorow, Alex, Cyberax, and a few anonymous provided the necessary information to reveal that Google's toolbar uses Bob Jenkins' Hash Function to calculate the checksum which is required to query a site's pagerank from google's server.

The complete source code was transfered from ASM to PHP by Alex and is available in the same thread mentioned above.
Alexander Turcic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2004, 10:16 AM   #2
cyberax
cyberax has learned how to buy an e-book online

I am enjoying my stay here in this forum...

Cheers to all fellow forum members.

- Cyberax
cyberax is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-28-2004, 02:47 AM   #3
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thanks Cyberax. Welcome to the board!

And if you ever have any suggestions for how to improve the site - feel free to contact me!
Old 06-28-2004, 03:16 PM   #4
cyberax
cyberax has learned how to buy an e-book online

Hi Alexander,

I love forums and quite active on several forums related to SEO and Web Development.

Can you please tell me what is the karma value and how to gain more karma values ?

Regards,
cyberax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2004, 11:56 AM   #5
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged

Hey Vijay,
The Karma feature is a way how other members can "thank you" for your positive input and your help. They can give you points and comment on your postings. I explained the system in more detail here.

I am still thinking how I can make our community more accessible and features more easily recognizable. I will try to improve this in future!
Advert
Old 02-17-2006, 08:09 AM   #6
Dieter Werner
Dieter Werner began at the beginning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexander
Doctorow, Alex, Cyberax, and a few anonymous provided the necessary information to reveal that Google's toolbar uses Bob Jenkins' Hash Function to calculate the checksum which is required to query a site's pagerank from google's server.

The complete source code was transfered from ASM to PHP by Alex and is available in the same thread mentioned above.
I converted it to Perl.
The script is released under the GPL.
See: http://www.hotscripts.com/Detailed/57037.html

Would be nice if somebody would rate it there

Last edited by Dieter Werner; 02-17-2006 at 08:51 AM.
Dieter Werner is offline   Reply With Quote