Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 10-30-2011, 07:33 AM   #1
salines
Zealot
salines will become famous soon enoughsalines will become famous soon enoughsalines will become famous soon enoughsalines will become famous soon enoughsalines will become famous soon enoughsalines will become famous soon enoughsalines will become famous soon enough

Device: Sony PRS-T1
Sony PRS-T1 and plugboards "tags" from custom column

1)
I created a custom column "read" with yes/no.

2)
I created a composite custom column "read_show" with "{#gelesen:switch(Yes,read,No,reading,unread)} "

3)
Now I want to use column from 2) "read_show" as new "tag"(?) in my PRS-T1
-> plugboards -> device_db/PRST1 -> "read_show" to "tags"

...but nothing happened on my device.

BUT if I use in 3) no "tags" but "title" I'm getting the right information "read/reading/unread" as new title.

Is this a bug? Why "title" works and "tags" not?
salines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 10:03 AM   #2
speakingtohe
Wizard
speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony PRS-T1 and T3, Kobo Mini and Aura HD, Tablet
Does the PRS-T1 display tags?

Helen
speakingtohe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-30-2011, 10:15 AM   #3
salines
Zealot
salines will become famous soon enoughsalines will become famous soon enoughsalines will become famous soon enoughsalines will become famous soon enoughsalines will become famous soon enoughsalines will become famous soon enoughsalines will become famous soon enough

T1 displays "genres" like SciFi, Fiction,... and also series.

What do you exactliy mean with "tags"?

fyi: I'm really new with all of this. But I'm learning.
Old 10-30-2011, 10:21 AM   #4
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Not a bug.

To my knowledge, no Sony reader does anything with tags. In addition, as said in this section of the manual, plugboards affect only the metadata stored in a book. They do not affect metadata used by calibre. Because of this, changing tags with plugboards in order to create collections has no effect.

You might want to add #read_show to the list of columns used to create collections?
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 11:02 AM   #5
salines
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaley View Post
Not a bug.

You might want to add #read_show to the list of columns used to create collections?
Yes. A new collection.

But is it also possible to see a flag on the books on my device to identify that I should read the book or if I have already read that book?
I mean a flag like the "new" star on added new books to my T1.
That would be my favorite.
Advert
Old 10-30-2011, 11:03 AM   #6
speakingtohe
Wizard
speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony PRS-T1 and T3, Kobo Mini and Aura HD, Tablet
Quote:
T1 displays "genres" like SciFi, Fiction,... and also series.

What do you exactliy mean with "tags"?

fyi: I'm really new with all of this. But I'm learning.
Tags are like keywords embedded in a book. Some readers make use of them to search for a book on a subject.

Following Chaley's advice is best. He is the expert in all things Sony

Helen
speakingtohe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 12:00 PM   #7
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by speakingtohe View Post
Following Chaley's advice is best. He is the expert in all things Sony
You are very kind.

@salines: I don't have a T1, so I can't say whether it exposes functionality that the older readers didn't and, if so, how calibre can get at that functionality. Perhaps Kolenka will come by and comment on whether calibre can affect things like the "star" you mention.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 04:02 PM   #8
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
You could try appending your read_show column to the title field in the device_db/PRST1 e.g.
Code:
Source template: {title}{#read_show:| (|)}
Destination field: title
This would display a book called My book which you had set as Read as
My book (Read)
in the Title field in all the T1 booklists and Collections
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 03:00 AM   #9
salines
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackie_w View Post
You could try appending your read_show column to the title field in the device_db/PRST1 e.g.
Code:
Source template: {title}{#read_show:| (|)}
Destination field: title
This would display a book called My book which you had set as Read as
My book (Read)
in the Title field in all the T1 booklists and Collections
A "read" flag on the cover (like "new") is the best I think.

Second, your advice, would also be fine. Thanks a lot.