Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex > iRex Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 07-03-2007, 11:27 AM   #1
Adam B.
Addicted to Porting
Adam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the rough

Device: iRex iLiad, Nokia 770, Samsung i760
Convert Lit compiled for the iLiad

I know some people are interested in reading .lit files on the iLiad. I've compiled ConvertLit for the iLiad to further that effort.

Right now, it'll only work through the terminal. Perhaps someone will make a script that will automatically decompile the lit file and then open the resulting opf/html in FBReader.
Attached Files
File Type: zip clit.zip (71.3 KB, 675 views)
Adam B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 12:31 AM   #2
nekokami
fruminous edugeek
nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, eBw 1150
Wow. Words fail me.

Just... wow.

Ok, I've slightly recovered-- enough to ask about perhaps a wrapper script for FBReader that would run convertlit recursively on FBReader's default directory structure first, looking for and converting files, so FBReader could automatically recognize them and add them to its library... I guess this might be too slow as a standard startup option, though.

Still, if you're going to wrap a script so that .lit files get converted and opened in FBReader, it would be nice to get them added into the FBReader library at the same time. Or would that happen automatically?

Would it be practical to port PDFtoHTML to the iLiad as well? I know it reads PDFs already, but I'm getting to like the FBReader interface a lot. I envision being able to use it instead of the main iLiad "contentlister", configured to launch on the "books" button, automatically scanning and adding everything it can find to the FBReader library. Heck, the iLiad boots so slowly now, I usually turn it on a few minutes before I need it, so the convert loop wouldn't add that much time. (I'd need that search-and-convert-with-pdftohtml script to make a little .opf file with the author's name taken from the directory, though.)

Just dreamin'....
nekokami is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-05-2007, 09:37 AM   #3
Adam B.
Addicted to Porting
Adam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the rough

I think it'd probably be best to convert on an 'as needed' basis. Converting a single book can take up to 30 seconds depending on the size of the book. Doing so on an entire directory could take a lot of time.

I belive that once you open the book, it's automatically added to FBReader's library. But to be honest, the script would work best if called from the contentlister. And if you're using the contentlister to open books in FBReader, the library function isn't really necessary. Once iRex updates the contentlister for easy 3rd party reader support, things will be much easier.
Old 07-05-2007, 10:20 AM   #4
Adam B.
Addicted to Porting

Quote:
Originally Posted by nekokami View Post
Would it be practical to port PDFtoHTML to the iLiad as well? I know it reads PDFs already, but I'm getting to like the FBReader interface a lot. I
Ask and you shall receive.

Although, FBReader doesn't seem to like the output (gives me a blank page). You may want to do some testing on your own.

Edit: Nevermind. I was opening up the wrong html document. It does work with FBReader.
Attached Files
File Type: zip pdftohtml.zip (725.9 KB, 578 views)
Old 07-05-2007, 03:12 PM   #5
nekokami
fruminous edugeek
nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, eBw 1150
And I just gave you karma, so it won't let me give you any more right now!

Content lister support for 3d party apps would help, but I still don't like the 6-per-screen limit.
nekokami is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-09-2007, 02:14 PM   #6
joblack
Wizard
joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Boox Tab X
clit also works for protected books ...
joblack is offline   Reply With Quote