Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 08-22-2009, 09:14 AM   #1
stustaff
Wizard
stustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it is

Device: sony reader PRS505 and 600
Find Sony readers in Las Vegas

Hi all leaving to go on holiday in a few days leaving the UK behind to spend some time in Vegas, I'll be in Kingman AZ first and then in Las Vegas from the 2nd Sept.

Would really like to take a look at the new readers and maybe bring one home, is anyone from the area and can suggest where to go that I will be able to see one in person.

Oh also any suggestions for where to buy book gift certificates so I can make some purchases of ebooks when I get home.

Thanks[[[
stustaff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2009, 09:19 AM   #2
EowynCarter
Wizard
EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybooks; Sony PRS-T1
Wait for the new sony, it , hopefully, should be available in europe. And don't buy ebooks from sony, buy ePub, there are some uk website selling these
EowynCarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2009, 05:18 PM   #3
Grandma Aubbie
Grandma Aubbie
Grandma Aubbie doesn't litterGrandma Aubbie doesn't litterGrandma Aubbie doesn't litter

Device: sony 600
Quote:
Originally Posted by stustaff View Post
Hi all leaving to go on holiday in a few days leaving the UK behind to spend some time in Vegas, I'll be in Kingman AZ first and then in Las Vegas from the 2nd Sept.

Would really like to take a look at the new readers and maybe bring one home, is anyone from the area and can suggest where to go that I will be able to see one in person.

Oh also any suggestions for where to buy book gift certificates so I can make some purchases of ebooks when I get home.

Thanks[[[
If you really want to see the Sony in Vegas - here's the link with directions to their Las Vegas Store.

http://www.sonystyle.com/webapp/wcs/...&storeIndex=65
Grandma Aubbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2009, 05:45 PM   #4
HistoryWes
Teacher/Novelist
HistoryWes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HistoryWes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HistoryWes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HistoryWes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HistoryWes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HistoryWes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HistoryWes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HistoryWes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HistoryWes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HistoryWes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HistoryWes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR, iPad
You can also find them at most Las Vegas area Targets and some of the SuperWalmart stores just started carrying them.
HistoryWes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2009, 07:35 PM   #5
advocate2
My Kingdom for Karma
advocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the rough

Device: Sony 350, 650, 950, Nook Color
Only a limited number of Walmarts carry the 505. Try the one on Eastern and the 215. They had about 10 two weeks ago at a price of US$229. Some of the Borders were waiting to get the 700 in stock for US$339.

Your best bet to find the new models will be the Sony Store in the Forum Shops which are attached to Caesars Palace. You will have to pay sales tax in Vegas which is around 7%. Also, there is a Fry's Electronics store on Las Vegas Blvd South down by 215. The web site price is not the same as the store price, so call to see the price they are charging for the 505. Sometimes they have very good deals.
advocate2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2009, 02:20 AM   #6
Andybaby
Wizard
Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-700
Quote:
Originally Posted by advocate2 View Post
Only a limited number of Walmarts carry the 505. Try the one on Eastern and the 215. They had about 10 two weeks ago at a price of US$229. Some of the Borders were waiting to get the 700 in stock for US$339.

Your best bet to find the new models will be the Sony Store in the Forum Shops which are attached to Caesars Palace. You will have to pay sales tax in Vegas which is around 7%. Also, there is a Fry's Electronics store on Las Vegas Blvd South down by 215. The web site price is not the same as the store price, so call to see the price they are charging for the 505. Sometimes they have very good deals.
ditto. if you plan to leave the strip by taxi, expect to pay a ton, vegas taxis are expencive... and I'm from new york! (you would have to leave the strip to get to a wallmart or target)

Caesars was very nice, and plan to get lost in vegas, also sizes are deceiving.

also if you want some great food, on my last day in vegas we found this restaurant called "FIRST" at the Venetian. check it out. its mildly expecive, but EXCELLENT, try the chicken garlic knots as an appetizer, I was in heaven.
Andybaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2009, 09:18 AM   #7
advocate2
My Kingdom for Karma
advocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the rough

Device: Sony 350, 650, 950, Nook Color
For those from Vegas looking at these posts, the Clark County library has increased its ebook offerings. Most are in Adobe epub format and readable on the 505. I had checked two months ago and the lstings were not substantial. They must have made the commitment to increase holdings since then. Try this link.

http://ebooks.lvccld.org/C2367477-35...6/en/index.htm

You can join online but you have to visit a library to get your card. I've downloaded a couple of books and they are working fine.

Since you are visiting from the UK, and totally off topic, Vegas now has a few good pubs. McMullans on Trop next to the Orleans is my favorite. The Crown & Anchor on Trop and Maryland Parkway is one of the oldest pubs in town and they broadcast soccer and scrums live. Seems like lots of expats hang out there.

Last edited by advocate2; 08-23-2009 at 09:26 AM.
advocate2 is offline   Reply With Quote