Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 09-09-2010, 02:41 PM   #1
Lordblacknail
Zealot
Lordblacknail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lordblacknail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lordblacknail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lordblacknail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lordblacknail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lordblacknail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lordblacknail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lordblacknail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lordblacknail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lordblacknail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lordblacknail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libre 2 Oasis Many Fires Galaxy Tab S7 Plus
New Path For Saved Files

I have tried everything I could find to change the path where I want my saved converted books to go, but to no avail. I tried uninstalling the program, turning the computer off, but when I reinstalled Caibre, all my books that were on there before that I didn't want to show up, and the old path, were right where they were before I uninstalled the program. How do I change the save to path please?

Lordblacknail
Lordblacknail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 03:59 PM   #2
Starson17
Wizard
Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: WinMo: IPAQ; Android: HTC HD2, Archos 7o; Java:Gravity T
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lordblacknail View Post
I have tried everything I could find to change the path where I want my saved converted books to go, but to no avail.
Calibre puts all books into a library. You can put that library anywhere you want and you can move it around. See the pulldown triangle near the books icon. When you convert a format, Calibre always puts the new format into the library with the old format. You can't change that. Once the new format is created, you can export it out of the Calibre library with any name and to any folder you want. You control that with Preferences|Add/Save|Saving books.

(Now called "Preferences|Import/Export|Saving books to disk.")

Last edited by Starson17; 09-09-2010 at 04:06 PM.
Starson17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-09-2010, 04:11 PM   #3
Lordblacknail
Zealot
Lordblacknail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lordblacknail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lordblacknail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lordblacknail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lordblacknail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lordblacknail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lordblacknail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lordblacknail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lordblacknail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lordblacknail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lordblacknail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libre 2 Oasis Many Fires Galaxy Tab S7 Plus
New Path

Not sure if we are both on the same page lol. When you first start calibre fresh, the wizard asks you where you want to save your books to. That is the path that I am trying to change. It doesn't seem to want to let me uninstall the program and reinstall fresh with no book history, no path history.

Lordblacknail
Lordblacknail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 04:27 PM   #4
Starson17
Wizard
Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Quote:
Not sure if we are both on the same page lol. When you first start calibre fresh, the wizard asks you where you want to save your books to. That is the path that I am trying to change. It doesn't seem to want to let me uninstall the program and reinstall fresh with no book history, no path history.
Your question could have been many different things. I took my best shot
Just go to the "pulldown triangle near the books icon" It's fifth from the left. Choose Switch/create Library, then Move or Create New, as you prefer. You can delete the old directory if there's anything left.
Old 09-09-2010, 04:50 PM   #5
Worldwalker
Curmudgeon
Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505
Quote:
That's calibre's library, not the saved books. Two different things. Calibre saves that library (well, doesn't delete it) when you uninstall the program, so that people don't lose all their books. What you need to do is move the library.

You should also read my .sig.
Worldwalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-09-2010, 07:05 PM   #6
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starson17 View Post
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 09:41 PM   #7
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starson17 View Post
Not yet, maybe in 0.7.18

You folk that run from source keep referring to things that aren't yet available to the rest of us common folk. Someone else referred to a yet to be released tweak.

Most people asking questions are confused enough without referring them to non-existent preference names or tweaks.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 07:45 AM   #8
Starson17
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwanthny View Post
[You folk that run from source keep referring to things that aren't yet available to the rest of us common folk. Someone else referred to a yet to be released tweak.
Well, I did give both names