Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Astak EZReader

Notices

Old 10-10-2010, 08:31 AM   #241
John F
Grand Sorcerer
John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by jenifer.ezread View Post
We are currently remodeling the eBookstore and it should be live this week. ...
I don't see a difference. What's changed?
John F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2010, 10:43 PM   #242
eGeezer
NE1 seen my glasses?
eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: Nook Glowlight (following previous nook STR and STR w/GL)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonc3b View Post
Have a look at the BeBook 'Mini' at Netherlands supplier at http://mybebook.com/, this is Europe's version from same manufacturer as ezreader . it too is out of stock with a message "Temporarily out of stock. Available Monday 01 November, 2010". Appears there may be a manufacturer issue?
The key here is that BeBook indicates ON THE WEBSITE the units are TEMPORARILY out of stock, and even provides an anticipated restock date (which, of course, can be updated if things don't go as planned).

It is merely the type of customer-oriented courtesy we have been suggesting to Astak for over a month.

>> Astak

Last edited by eGeezer; 10-10-2010 at 10:46 PM.
eGeezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-11-2010, 02:43 AM   #243
Spiffy
Groupie
Spiffy has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Spiffy has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Spiffy has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Spiffy has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Spiffy has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Astak EZ Reader Pro AND Sony PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by eGeezer View Post
The key here is that BeBook indicates ON THE WEBSITE the units are TEMPORARILY out of stock, and even provides an anticipated restock date (which, of course, can be updated if things don't go as planned).

It is merely the type of customer-oriented courtesy we have been suggesting to Astak for over a month.

>> Astak
I'm wondering if Jenifer is always kept in the loop. This sounds like a classic example of someone down the chain having to answer/support people with as little specific information as possible.
Spiffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 11:39 AM   #244
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by eGeezer View Post

>> Astak
What I saw, was the BLACK was out of stock and the expected deliver date of the OEM build by the Jinke factory (very normal).
Big companies can keep the pipeline full.
Smaller companies have to wait until they need a minimum-build quantity
Sometimes they guess the timing right and a color never goes out of stock.
In this case, they probably had to pick up the slack left by Astak and are all the way to the bank, but the shelves went bare earlier than expected.
Jennifer is not being kept in the loop any more thn RobertB was, which has got to suck as the person taking the public heat.
J demand a raise
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 12:35 PM   #245
jenifer.ezread
EZ Read Team Member
jenifer.ezread will become famous soon enoughjenifer.ezread will become famous soon enoughjenifer.ezread will become famous soon enoughjenifer.ezread will become famous soon enoughjenifer.ezread will become famous soon enoughjenifer.ezread will become famous soon enough

Device: EZ Read Pocket Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by John F View Post
I don't see a difference. What's changed?
When we do revert to the new site, you will DEFINITELY notice! It is a complete overhaul. I expected the new site to be launched today, but it is clearly taking longer than I anticipated.
jenifer.ezread is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-11-2010, 12:39 PM   #246
jenifer.ezread
EZ Read Team Member
jenifer.ezread will become famous soon enoughjenifer.ezread will become famous soon enoughjenifer.ezread will become famous soon enoughjenifer.ezread will become famous soon enoughjenifer.ezread will become famous soon enoughjenifer.ezread will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiffy View Post
I'm wondering if Jenifer is always kept in the loop. This sounds like a classic example of someone down the chain having to answer/support people with as little specific information as possible.
I'm going to have to agree here. I am not positive about when our stock will return, but I'm sure SOMEONE in the office does. This may require a James Bond suit and some microphones disguised as pencils to solve this mystery...

In all seriousness, I will ask my boss today if he can give us all a "guesstimate" date as to when stock will return. I've heard from a coworker that things should be back to normal in about two weeks.
Old 10-11-2010, 11:37 PM   #247
Xanthe
Plan B Is Now In Force
Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aluratek,Sony 350/T1,Pandigital,eBM 911,Nook HD/HD+,Fire HDX 7/8.9,PW2
You are between a rock and a hard place, Jenifer. Ask for that raise.
Xanthe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 06:11 PM   #248
ReaderEatter
ReaderEatter doesn't litterReaderEatter doesn't litterReaderEatter doesn't litter

Device: none
Hi Ducky!!From Robert B

Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
What I saw, was the BLACK was out of stock and the expected deliver date of the OEM build by the Jinke factory (very normal).
Big companies can keep the pipeline full.
Smaller companies have to wait until they need a minimum-build quantity
Sometimes they guess the timing right and a color never goes out of stock.
In this case, they probably had to pick up the slack left by Astak and are all the way to the bank, but the shelves went bare earlier than expected.
Jennifer is not being kept in the loop any more thn RobertB was, which has got to suck as the person taking the public heat.
J demand a raise
Dear Ducky:

Jennifer is a good and gifted person who needs a job and like most young people tows the line. She NEVER emails me and I find that strange... but maybe she is ordered to not do so.

The problem with Astak is that, like most Chinese companies, responsibility is delegated but authority is never given. Poor Jenifer simply is given what they think she should know. She cannot control hardly anything and her voice must be low.

Astak is NOT a bad company or anything... they have seen finances crumble and have reacted by micro-managing. Their focus is on cutting costs and not on growing sales by getting the word out (my personal opinion only and not at all a condemnation). I am glad NOT to have to worry anymore about their plight. It is tough for them!

Hang in there with Jenifer. Her intentions are definitely good.

Bob
ReaderEatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 07:52 PM   #249
Solicitous
Wizard
Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket Pro (Black), 2 x Kindle WiFi (Graphite), iPod Touch 4G
Hi Bob, I agree that we should hang in there with Jen, but not wanting to come across rude or arrogant, but how long should a consumer "hang in there"? I for one would like to see Astak grow, offer more products, remain competitive etc, but I am finding it rather difficult to continue on.

Looking at the issue of the website reporting out of stock, well it costs nothing for someone to do a quick addition and put in a header saying "expected stock/dispatch X-Date", but the opportunity cost to the company in potential lost revenue could be a reasonable dollar. A consumer isn't going to look at the product and see "out of stock" and check back over a prolonged period of time to see if they have any. Maybe a week or two, but then they will look elsewhere for a similar product. Having an expected stock/dispatch date people are more likely to hang in there.

You start to read around the forums and you see it clearly that once people know some firm dates, people tend to hang on in anticipation. LBook are talking expected date of the new 6" made by Jinke, nothing from Astak. Is it coming? is it not? Is Astak going to be stocking new models?

International ordering, can I buy internationally still? buy.com are the site that apparently has stock of the EZ line, but wont ship to me. The US dollar is weak at the moment so international buying is prime, but I can't, nor can any other person outside of the US buy products with ease. This is something that has been mentioned many a time.

The ereader market is really competitive, both with price and products on offer. It just really feels at times that our business isn't wanted.
Solicitous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2010, 07:35 AM   #250
SmartyPants
Zealot
SmartyPants began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PW
well said Solicitous.
Astak does not seem to respect its existing customers or seem to be concerned about getting any new ones.
This forum is a way for the company to get a direct input from those that bring in revenue. That input does not seem to be welcomed nor acknowledged.
NOT the way a company that struggles to stay in business should be acting.
I dunno... Astak was my first e-reader, so i kinda feel a bit betrayed. Silly, huh...
SmartyPants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2010, 04:15 PM   #251
dacattt
Connoisseur
dacattt could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.dacattt could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.dacattt could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.dacattt could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.dacattt could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.dacattt could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.dacattt could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.dacattt could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.dacattt could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.dacattt could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.dacattt could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: Astak 6 EZ Reader Plus
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmartyPants View Post
Astak was my first e-reader, so i kinda feel a bit betrayed. Silly, huh...
It's my first too. Don't think it's silly.

I think it's the possessiveness that comes with really loving a new toy/tool. We've heavily invested in our e-readers (think car fanatic about his car), so we're very sensitive/alert to what the manufacture is doing.

Kinda just how we human apes are wired.
dacattt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 06:03 PM   #252
Joebill
Fanatic
Joebill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joebill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joebill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joebill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joebill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joebill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joebill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joebill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joebill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joebill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joebill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pandigital Novel
I was testing a computer I had fixed earleir today. I decided to check ezread.com and found right on the first page: 3 EZ steps to create and publish an ebook.

1) login free account. No fee for publication, ever.

2) create an ebook with templates

3) sell your work on ezread

What do you think of this ?
Joebill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 07:43 PM   #253
Solicitous
Wizard
Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket Pro (Black), 2 x Kindle WiFi (Graphite), iPod Touch 4G
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joebill View Post
I was testing a computer I had fixed earleir today. I decided to check ezread.com and found right on the first page: 3 EZ steps to create and publish an ebook.

1) login free account. No fee for publication, ever.

2) create an ebook with templates

3) sell your work on ezread

What do you think of this ?
Dunno, I'm still being pushed to the old site. Going to www.ezread.com redirects me to global.ezread.com. Last week I could see the new site briefly but now I can't.

Still unhappy about no encryption when entering your login details or making purchases, don't feel all that confident in buying if my details are being sent in clear text.
Solicitous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 09:02 PM   #254
Elfwreck
Grand Sorcerer
Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3 (Past: Kobo Mini, PEZ, PRS-505, Clié)
Still out of stock at Astak. Still no indication at the site that these will ever be available again. (White ones cost $30 more than any other color?)

I still want one, but I've stopped pointing other people at them. I have three friends who've gotten Kindles or Sonys in the last few weeks. (One is thrilled with her Sony Touch; she wouldn't have wanted an EZReader 'cos she loves the touchscreen. But the others would've seriously considered it for the superior filetype support.) Most of my friends read lots of fanfic--they care less about bookstore support than how well it deals with user-loaded content.

And they're buying whatever's available when they've decided "I'm going to get an ebook reader now."
Elfwreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 12:17 PM   #255
jenifer.ezread
EZ Read Team Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solicitous View Post
Dunno, I'm still being pushed to the old site. Going to www.ezread.com redirects me to global.ezread.com. Last week I could see the new site briefly but now I can't.

Still unhappy about no encryption when entering your login details or making purchases, don't feel all that confident in buying if my details are being sent in clear text.
I just wrote our engineer about this to see if we can fix this issue. I'll let you know when I hear back.