Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Which one should I buy?

Notices

Old 08-01-2010, 10:54 AM   #16
simplyparticular
Guru
simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3 & GlowLight 4
You can get a used Sony Pocket (PRS-300) for $100 on eBay or the Flea market here. I've also seen the Cybook Opus white models for about $100-120 on eBay, but they are rarer.

Both support the OverDrive system - I've used both happily.
simplyparticular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 10:38 PM   #17
Alisa
Gadget Geek
Alisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongue

Device: Paperwhite, Kindle 3 (retired), Skindle 1.2 (retired)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellmark View Post
Any ebook reader capable of supporting ADE protected epub books can use overdrive. Heck, if you want to read on your computer, Windows and MacOS can both run Adobe Digital Editions (ADE).
Though only Windows and Mac are officially supported, I have ADE working on my Ubuntu 10.04 install using Wine (Windows emulation). I just drag the downloaded URLLink.ascm file onto the running ADE application and it opens just fine.
Alisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-01-2010, 10:43 PM   #18
Tinks
Zealot
Tinks doesn't litterTinks doesn't litter

Device: Voyage
Today I remembered I have membership rewards points on my credit card that I can redeem. I redeemed my points for 4 B&N gift cards. I'm going to get a Nook for $49.00 plus tax. Wooohoo! I'm so glad I remembered I had points I could use. I was leaning towards the Nook anyway because I went and fiddled around with one the other day. It seems very nice. I can't wait to start checking out digital library books, and going to different websites to get free books. Thanks for all of the input and suggestions everyone.
Tinks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 10:48 PM   #19
Tinks
Zealot
Tinks doesn't litterTinks doesn't litter

Device: Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellmark View Post
Heck, if you want to read on your computer, Windows and MacOS can both run Adobe Digital Editions (ADE).
I've done this a few times, but it's not a very comfortable situation. I usually read while lying down.
Tinks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 05:36 AM   #20
rblover
Connoisseur
rblover began at the beginning.

Device: none as yet
www.refurbdepot.com may have a refurbished Sony Reader within your budget.
rblover is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert