Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 01-28-2010, 12:00 PM   #1
mack 120
Enthusiast
mack 120 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2, iPad, Samsung NC10, IPhone 3GS, iMac, Sony PRS505 (broke)
USB uk

Hi
Wonder if anybody can shed any light on this.
USB that came with Kindles works when connected to computer and used via and japanese adapter socket. All good.

I charge my iphone from a via a USB cigarette socket in the car, no problems.

The problem arises when i use the USB that came with the Kindle in the car charger, light comes on then when screensaver kicks in it stops the charging??
Have bought a uk retractable USB (thinks if for a nokia) same problem starts to charge then the screen saver kicks in and stops charging???

Any comments welcomed. It would just be nice to be able to charge when mobile

mack120

Last edited by mack 120; 01-28-2010 at 12:42 PM.
mack 120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 03:53 PM   #2
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palms, K1-4s, iPads, iPhones, KV, KO1
The iPhone 3G (1.5 years old now) had a slightly different current draw (or something?) and so couldn't use older USB adapters. I had to buy newer wall to USB adapters and newer car to USB converters.

If they don't cost too much there, but a newer one (designed for apple) and see if that fixes it.

I know my iPhone 3G has this issue; not positive where the Kindle fits in. I never tried to charge it in the car.
badgoodDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-12-2010, 08:12 AM   #3
angel2762
angel2762
angel2762 began at the beginning.

Device: none
I use a universal USB charger to charge most of my devices, but it needs to be of a good quality and give a reasonable output. Some complex devices need alot of juice to even start charging. I found this one is very good and gives out 5v 1000mA
http://www.porta-charge.co.uk/accessory_1110.html
angel2762 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 05:42 PM   #4
Pushka
Wizard
Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle, Ipad, Iphone, Nexus and PPW
The iphone charger wont charge the kindles so perhaps it is the same with the car charger
Pushka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2010, 09:44 AM   #5
sjeffrey
sjeffrey began at the beginning.

Device: none
It's like angel said, you need a wall charger that outputs enough current. I believe the minimum is 800mA and 1000mA is ideal.
sjeffrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert