Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Tablets

Notices

Old 05-08-2012, 03:08 PM   #1
Kobo129
Kobo129 began at the beginning.

Device: Vox
Wireless...needing to switch on and off to work

I turn off the wireless to save the battery life, however when I come to put it back on and press the button it lights up as if it's working but the little icon at the top of the Kobo doesn't light up, so I then go back onto the page turn off and on again and only then will wireless work and the icon light up....anyone else have this problem?
Kobo129 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 08:30 PM   #2
larrymohr
Zealot
larrymohr is faster than slow light.larrymohr is faster than slow light.larrymohr is faster than slow light.larrymohr is faster than slow light.larrymohr is faster than slow light.larrymohr is faster than slow light.larrymohr is faster than slow light.larrymohr is faster than slow light.larrymohr is faster than slow light.larrymohr is faster than slow light.larrymohr is faster than slow light.

Device: Samsung S6 tab, Kobo Sage, AURA One, Mini
Kobo129,

I find that for the best results it is better to switch to "Airplane" mode rather than turn the WIFI on/off. When I turn WIFI on/off and I move from one WIFI network to another I have to turn it on/off again.

When I use "Airplane" mode I have very little trouble reconnecting to a network reguardless of whether I was connected when I went into "Airplane" mode or not.

You can find lots of apps that do "Airplane" mode and let you put a widget on your desktop.

Larry Mohr
larrymohr is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert