Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 01-17-2011, 07:20 PM   #1
mharrop19
mharrop19 began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-600 & EB1150
Help with starting all of a sudden...

Hi guys...

I have been using Calibre since its early days, and never had a problem, but now when I start up (first in ver .40, but I unistalled and went back to .36 to see if that would solve the problem...it didn't), it, well, doesn't start up!

Windows 7 gives me this error:

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: calibre.exe
Application Version: 0.7.36.0
Application Timestamp: 4d1f79a4
Fault Module Name: sqlite_custom.pyd
Fault Module Version: 0.0.0.0
Fault Module Timestamp: 4d1f7970
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Offset: 000011af
OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.1
Locale ID: 3081
Additional Information 1: 0a9e
Additional Information 2: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789
Additional Information 3: 0a9e
Additional Information 4: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

I suspect it has to do with the db, as I started calibre ok using the Portable batch file, pointing to a diff db folder, and it opened ok.

So what can I do to get my library back up???

Desperate in Epping,
Mark
mharrop19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 07:31 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
See http://calibre-ebook.com/user_manual...ing-on-windows

particularly the bit about getting a debug trace at the end.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-17-2011, 07:37 PM   #3
mharrop19

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
See http://calibre-ebook.com/user_manual...ing-on-windows

particularly the bit about getting a debug trace at the end.

Hi...I did that (-g), but because windows wont get past the "Calibre has stopped working" dialog, no trace is produced, as windows closes the program at that point, so all that is listed in the cmd windows is "Starting Up..."

Other suggestions?

Mark
Old 01-17-2011, 07:43 PM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

do clean install, i.e. uninstall delete the calibre installation folder and re-install.
Old 01-17-2011, 08:00 PM   #5
mharrop19

Quote:
do clean install, i.e. uninstall delete the calibre installation folder and re-install.
Same outcome, I'm afraid
Advert
Old 01-17-2011, 10:34 PM   #6
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

Try renaming your current calibre library folder so that calibre starts up with an empty library, you can then restore your old library, after you've got calibre working.
Old 01-17-2011, 11:12 PM   #7
mharrop19

Quote:
Try renaming your current calibre library folder so that calibre starts up with an empty library, you can then restore your old library, after you've got calibre working.
I did that, and Calibre started up fine, but when I went to switch to the old library, Calibre crashed with the same error, hence why I think it is a db problem.

I tried reinitializing the db, but that didn't do any good either
Old 01-17-2011, 11:25 PM   #8
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

You can restore the database by using the calibredb command, search this forum for restore_database to get the instructions.
Old 01-18-2011, 11:47 PM   #9
mharrop19

Quote:
You can restore the database by using the calibredb command, search this forum for restore_database to get the instructions.
That worked !!

Thanks for your help
Old 01-19-2011, 01:56 AM   #10
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

You're welcome