Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 01-15-2011, 05:13 PM   #1
sand.crab
sand.crab began at the beginning.

Device: prs-300
PRS-350 Display Issue

Hi Guys, I bought my wife a PRS-350 for her birthday at the end of October 2010 and she loves it. Problem is that when she went to use it last night, the wallpaper display was flickering and she could not get to display her menu at all. We did a hard reset and all we get now is the flickering screen with a line which looks like the 'loading bar' which expands then shrinks. Suggestions, remedies anyone please?
sand.crab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 05:36 PM   #2
elcreative
Wizard
elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS505, 600, 350, 650, Nexus 7, Note III, iPad 4 etc
They're not supposed to do that... first thought is hardware problem... consider return under warranty...
elcreative is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-15-2011, 06:41 PM   #3
grooks
Wizard
grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Pocketbook Era, Kobo Forma
I would first try a full charging of the Reader. For best results, use a cell phone wall charger that uses the same USB plug as the Sony. If you do not have a wall charger and need to charge via the computer, make sure the computer does not go to sleep or shut down due to inactivity and charge for at least 6 hours.
grooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 07:20 PM   #4
elcreative
Wizard
elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS505, 600, 350, 650, Nexus 7, Note III, iPad 4 etc
Would have suggested that if I thought power a possibility but I've never come across the described set of symptoms before either here or at work (and my company has sold many Sony eReaders) hence my comment about hardware failure...

Quote:
Originally Posted by grooks View Post
I would first try a full charging of the Reader. For best results, use a cell phone wall charger that uses the same USB plug as the Sony. If you do not have a wall charger and need to charge via the computer, make sure the computer does not go to sleep or shut down due to inactivity and charge for at least 6 hours.
elcreative is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 07:30 PM   #5
sand.crab
sand.crab began at the beginning.

Device: prs-300
Thanks for the advice guys. Will charge it for the rest of today & see how we go.

Cheers
sand.crab is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert