Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Which one should I buy?

Notices

Old 10-16-2010, 06:18 PM   #1
Ericthegreat
Ericthegreat began at the beginning.

Device: none
Best ereader for manga. (at a good price)

So what would be a good ereader that can read manga right to left, is good quality, and at a good price?
Ericthegreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2010, 06:22 PM   #2
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Welcome to MobileRead, Ericthegreat

Answers coming your way soon....
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-16-2010, 07:34 PM   #3
Ericthegreat
Ericthegreat began at the beginning.

Device: none
Thank you
Ericthegreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 10:44 AM   #4
klleung72781
klleung72781 began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPad
iPad with the Cloud reader app (free).
klleung72781 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 10:47 AM   #5
boswd
Banned
boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: The Nook, Nook color and Droid X
nook color should do you fine as well. Good price and gorgous screen
boswd is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-02-2010, 11:59 AM   #6
speedtouch
eBook Newbie
speedtouch once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.speedtouch once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.speedtouch once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.speedtouch once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.speedtouch once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.speedtouch once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.speedtouch once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.speedtouch once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.speedtouch once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.speedtouch once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.speedtouch once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Kobo Clara HD
PocketBook IQ. See the PocketBook forums for more info.
speedtouch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 06:30 PM   #7
Logseman
Orisa
Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Poke 5
Elaborating on speedtouch's point, he tried what I consider the best manga reading app for Android, called MangaWhat, and he had very positive results (plus my gratitude ) Aside of that, you can install any comic reader: my preference goes with ACV, Android Comic Viewer. I've been reading Vinland Saga on it and it is really sweet in my Galaxy S.
Logseman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 07:02 PM   #8
citac
Fanatic
citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Lenovo Yoga Tab 2 (Android)
I second both speedtouch's and Logseman's points; I am very impressed with Pocketbook IQ as a comics reader. I'm using ACV and the comics look great on it.
citac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 07:21 PM   #9
Care
Aes Sedai
Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.

Device: Kobo Aura and Kobo Mini, had a Nook, NOOKcolor, Nook STR.
I am not familiar with the Pocketbook IQ, but you really need a tablet or even Nook colour to not pull your hair out. I tried to read comics on my Nook and it sucked big time. I prefer my laptop. I wouldn't read them on any e-ink screen. Even 6" seems too small to me.
Care is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 09:50 PM   #10
citac
Fanatic
citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Lenovo Yoga Tab 2 (Android)
Pocketbook IQ is a 7" Android tablet. Holding it in landscape position and setting comics to fit width works very well.
citac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2010, 10:01 PM   #11
DuncanWatson
Kindle Convert
DuncanWatson goes to eleven.DuncanWatson goes to eleven.DuncanWatson goes to eleven.DuncanWatson goes to eleven.DuncanWatson goes to eleven.DuncanWatson goes to eleven.DuncanWatson goes to eleven.DuncanWatson goes to eleven.DuncanWatson goes to eleven.DuncanWatson goes to eleven.DuncanWatson goes to eleven.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Nook (all)
NOOKColor rooted with ACV works great. I anticipate the NOOK marketplace having a comic app in the first quarter of 2011 when it is released. It makes a lot of sense and with the SDK released, I know developers are already working on tuning apps for the NOOKColor.

The screen quality on the NOOKColor is better than any of the ereader LCDs out there.
DuncanWatson is offline   Reply With Quote