Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 04-12-2009, 04:38 PM   #1
BookLoverToo
Enthusiast
BookLoverToo doesn't litterBookLoverToo doesn't litter

Device: Sony PRS-505
Free Charlaine Harris ebook at Fictionwise

I was just browsing over at Fictionwise and noticed that the 8th book in Charlaine Harris' Southern Vampire Series, From Dead to Worse, is free right now! It's available in mobipocket and ereader formats.
BookLoverToo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 05:08 PM   #2
jquest
jquest began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
Not for Kindle, though... only secure mobipocket
jquest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 05:18 PM   #3
kilikini
Enthusiast
kilikini has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.kilikini has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.kilikini has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.kilikini has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: K3, KFire, iPad, iPhone
Quote:
Originally Posted by BookLoverToo View Post
I was just browsing over at Fictionwise and noticed that the 8th book in Charlaine Harris' Southern Vampire Series, From Dead to Worse, is free right now! It's available in mobipocket and ereader formats.
Thanks for the heads-up, just downloaded it!
kilikini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 09:02 PM   #4
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Good series. Highly recommended.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 11:16 PM   #5
Elsi
Wizard
Elsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of light

Device: Kindle; Sony PRS 505; Blackberry 8700C
Quote:
Darn! I saw it for $3.95 at Amazon.com last week and I snatched it up. It's now listing for $4.39. I'm only up to book 4, but figured I'd get this one while it was at such an inexpensive price. Book 7 is $6.39 and Book 9 is $14.27.
Elsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 11:23 PM   #6
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elsi View Post
Darn! I saw it for $3.95 at Amazon.com last week and I snatched it up. It's now listing for $4.39. I'm only up to book 4, but figured I'd get this one while it was at such an inexpensive price. Book 7 is $6.39 and Book 9 is $14.27.
Book 9 isn't out until next month (May 5th I think). The price will drop if you wait a week or so after it's release.
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 01:56 AM   #7
Elsi
Wizard
Elsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of light

Device: Kindle; Sony PRS 505; Blackberry 8700C
Quote:
Originally Posted by daffy4u View Post
Book 9 isn't out until next month (May 5th I think). The price will drop if you wait a week or so after it's release.
Ah -- you're right. I didn't notice that it was a pre-order.
Elsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 05:00 AM   #8
bathos
Zealot
bathos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bathos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bathos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bathos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bathos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bathos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bathos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bathos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bathos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bathos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bathos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone XS, iPad Pro, iPad Air 2, kindle Oasis
Many thanks. Another new author to try.

bathos
bathos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 10:30 AM   #9
ronejay
ronejay began at the beginning.

Device: iphone
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnemicOak View Post
Good series. Highly recommended.
I second that. Does anyone know if her other books are as good as the Southern Vampire series?
ronejay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 10:48 AM   #10
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronejay View Post
I second that. Does anyone know if her other books are as good as the Southern Vampire series?
The Teagarden and Lily Bard series' good, but just remember they're a bit different than the Southern Vamp series, no paranormal if that's what you're looking for. They're more traditional Cozy type mysteries. The Harper Connely series is good too (it's got some paranormal), but not as good as the Southern Vamps IMO.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 02:00 AM   #11
basschick
Wizard
basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
i didn't like her other books as much as the southern vampire books.

btw, i was hoping to grab the free ebook as i only have it in paper, but fictionwise isn't working for me
basschick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 07:03 AM   #12
thianliongpatpoh
Zealot
thianliongpatpoh doesn't litterthianliongpatpoh doesn't litterthianliongpatpoh doesn't litter

Device: iPad
Quote:
Is this a one-day thingy? I'm at fictionwise and the price is like $7.99 or something. Trying to add to cart, and the price is still there.
thianliongpatpoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 10:03 AM   #13
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle(all), nook, nookcolor, Sony, Kobo, epic, iphone, iPad, pc
It was free Sunday and part of Monday. Then went up to around $4.50 or so. Haven't checked lately, so may be back to full price.

Fictionwise's free deals sometimes last only a few minutes or hours.

Karen
http://booksontheknob.blogspot.com/
koland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 08:41 PM   #14
basschick
Wizard
basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
the site was down for a few hours - when it came back, the book cost money again.
basschick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 08:23 AM   #15
acinad
acinad began at the beginning.

Device: none
hello..

I was not able to download the free copy of book8 - from dead to worse..anybody who is kind enough to share a copy with me? i'll greatly appreciate it..if anybody has a copy of book 9, i would like to plea for a copy too..its really a great series.. i love it..i was able to read up to book 7 only, it frustrates me... please...tnx
acinad is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
free book, vampire books