Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 12-20-2012, 05:20 PM   #1
cloudeea
cloudeea began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo ereader n416 original no wifi
Lightbulb Format a Kobo

Hello, I'm new here and ... I don't wanna lose my Kobo Original (non wifi).
Unfortunately the Kobo has stopped working after trying to update it with a wrong firmware and a wrong procedure (replacing the content inside the .kobo folder). I can't do anything with it: it doesn't turn on, it doesn't charge (usb, wall adapter), I can't reset it. It's dead.

As you can see, it's been frozen while starting ...
Does any of you here know a way of formatting it? Like with any other pc .. I don't know I'm just guessing ... please help me, I've used it only for three days.
feel so dumb
Claudia

Last edited by cloudeea; 01-04-2013 at 05:39 AM.
cloudeea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 10:35 AM   #2
KevinShort
Addict
KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Wifi, Kobo Glo
Did you try to do a factory reset? Make sure your Kobo is charged, then hold the power button for 10 seconds (to be sure your Kobo is off), then press and hold the HOME button while turning on your Kobo.
KevinShort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 10:54 AM   #3
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
I seem to recall that the Original Kobo could also boot from an SD card; unfortunately I don't remember much more than that

It might be worth while reaching out to KOBOExecutiveCare@kobo.com and see what advice they can offer.
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 08:41 AM   #4
cloudeea

as I said in my post, my Kobo doesn't charge ... there's no way to charge it
Old 12-22-2012, 08:45 AM   #5
cloudeea

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloudeea View Post
as I said in my post, my Kobo doesn't charge ... there's no way to charge it
customer care doesn't help, expired warranty ...

Tags
formatting