Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Which one should I buy?

Notices

Old 10-21-2007, 08:26 PM   #1
brecklundin
Banned
brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.

Device: mine
Sony Clie NX73v...works pretty good for now!

Just wanted to come in and mention I found a complete in pristine condition NX73v this last week at a Thrift Store. I paid a fair amount but it had everything...the PDA with it's stow-n-go stylus, the cradle with cradle stylus, 128MB MS card, all the cords and all the doco....but like I say it was a bit pricey...$15.95+tax....

Did I pay too much?

hehehehehehe...sorry, just bragging...A LOT....

This is my first PDA, and I am an old time PC guy...but never ever saw a true need for one. Until it became too hard for me to hold a book in my hands...

I installed Mobipocket and have d/l'd a few books from Baen to see how well reading will work...it is GREAT so far because it has a backlight and I can read in bed and not bug my better half.

I am getting just about 3-hours battery life but have ordered a new battery. Next I'll add a CF wifi card and should be good to go with our muni wifi as there is a somewhat usable web browser built in...

But my real motivation was ebook reader until I can get a decent simple e-ink device.

Anyway, I wanted to pass a long that is someone finds a good deal on this PDA (it's color btw) it's pretty danged impressive running Mobipocket for Palm OS 5.x. I would say that any price under about $75 a decent price. Over that ya might as well consider the eBookwise device for about $125.

OK, back to doing the NY Times Sunday crossword on my new toy! hehehehe....

brecklundin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2007, 01:40 AM   #2
devils.master
devils.master began at the beginning.

Device: Nokia
A PDA is good but why dont you try to have any latest mobile phone as there are many which provide the facility of both the mobile phone and PDA.
devils.master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2007, 05:54 PM   #3
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by devils.master View Post
A PDA is good but why dont you try to have any latest mobile phone as there are many which provide the facility of both the mobile phone and PDA.
Most mobile phones have tiny screens, not suitable for eBook reading.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2007, 11:35 PM   #4
devils.master
devils.master began at the beginning.

Device: Nokia
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleDe View Post
Most mobile phones have tiny screens, not suitable for eBook reading.

Dale
You are right but there are many options in them at the present timing. The Handsets of Nokia, Motorolla and Sony Ericsson are having large screens that are having good resolution and nice screen that make you able for eBook reading.
devils.master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2007, 02:07 PM   #5
TheLongshot
Groupie
TheLongshot knows the square root of minus one.TheLongshot knows the square root of minus one.TheLongshot knows the square root of minus one.TheLongshot knows the square root of minus one.TheLongshot knows the square root of minus one.TheLongshot knows the square root of minus one.TheLongshot knows the square root of minus one.TheLongshot knows the square root of minus one.TheLongshot knows the square root of minus one.TheLongshot knows the square root of minus one.TheLongshot knows the square root of minus one.

Device: Sony Reader
I used to have a Clie NX-60. It used to make a great reader, especially with MobiPocket. Unfortunately, I've misplaced mine.

Jason
TheLongshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2007, 10:22 AM   #6
TallMomof2
Kindlephilia
TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count
I used to read on Sony Clies but 18 months ago switched to a Palm T|X because my old Clie broke when I dropped it on a tile floor and the T|X has a huge screen for a PDA. The PDA phones don't work for me because of the smaller screen and I *hate* the tiny keyboards. But LG is coming out with a new phone similar to the iPhone that I will take a look at to replace my current phone and maybe PDA.
TallMomof2 is offline   Reply With Quote