Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 03-31-2009, 07:09 AM   #1
alexxxm
Addict
alexxxm has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.alexxxm has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.alexxxm has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.alexxxm has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Rocket; Hiebook; N700; Sony 505; Kindle DX ...
virus?

Hi people,
I just switched antivirus (symantec -> kaspersky) and now calibre exhibits signs of virus infection:
virus.win32.agent.cj in module calibre.exe\CORE_RL_zlib.dll

I saw in an old thread a false positive mentioned some time ago, but that was a different one.

Any info? I'm a bit worried!

alessandro
alexxxm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 07:11 AM   #2
alexxxm
Addict
alexxxm has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.alexxxm has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.alexxxm has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.alexxxm has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

another mention of it (google translated: http://translate.google.it/translate...3Db5b%26sa%3DG )

alessandro
Advert
Old 03-31-2009, 07:27 AM   #3
rcuadro
Wizard
rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle DX
I use semantic at work and it didn't say anything about it... hmmm Maybe I should try a different one.
rcuadro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 07:42 AM   #4
roger64
Wizard
roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW3 (wifi)
using calibre with Linux, all clear...like usual
roger64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 03:25 PM   #5
astrodad
Guru
astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3, Kindle Paperwhite 1, iPad, iPhone
Same here, no problems with my installation on Windows.
astrodad is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-31-2009, 03:32 PM   #6
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
It's a false positive.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 02:46 AM   #7
alexxxm
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
It's a false positive.
notwithstanding, if I was the developer, I would be pissed off. What do you think? I could email kaspersky telling them about it...

alessandro
Old 04-01-2009, 04:50 AM   #8
gwynevans
Wizzard
gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad 2, iPhone 6s, Kindle Voyage & Kindle PaperWhite
If there's an easy way for you to flag it, then give it a go, but unfortunately, false positives just seem to be a fact of life - I've had McAfee (locked down on my works laptop, so I can't tweak the settings) twice delete my "Screenshot Captor" app when it (McAfee) has updated it's patterns & thought it detected a virus...
gwynevans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 02:53 PM   #9
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexxxm View Post
notwithstanding, if I was the developer, I would be pissed off. What do you think? I could email kaspersky telling them about it...

alessandro
Oh I am pissed off, I now never install an anti virus program on any of my computers. And it's not just false positives, many antivirus programs prevent calibre from running at all on windows and I get help requests from people asking why it isn't running.

I believe people have told kaspersky about calibre in the past as well, it doesn't seem to do any good, but you're welcome to try
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 12:46 PM   #10
alecE
Evangelist
alecE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alecE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alecE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alecE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alecE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alecE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alecE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alecE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alecE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alecE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alecE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony prs505, prs650, kobo Glo HD liseuses
fwiw, I'm running Kaspersky v7 on one laptop and v9 on the other (upgraded from v7 yesterday). I've never had a problem running Calibre on either laptop. (Have had plenty of other problems with Kaspersky, mainly to do with my 3G modem, but that's another saga entirely) - running Calibre 0.6.23 (about to go to 25) in Win XP Pro SP 3
alecE is offline   Reply With Quote