Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 09-01-2013, 05:29 AM   #1
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Free and bargain romance ebooks in September 2013

As requested, here is an outline of the purpose of this thread:

We point out free and bargain romances to each other, and recommend certain books that are/were free (or the opposite!).

Because Kindle freebies are easiest to find, the majority of the books listed are from Amazon, but freebies and bargains from other retailers and in other formats are more than welcome!

In case no retailer is specifically mentioned in a post, it is safe to assume it's for Amazon US.

Be aware that many freebies are only free for a day, so grab them fast!
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 05:44 AM   #2
Amy_k
Zealot
Amy_k ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Amy_k ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Amy_k ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Amy_k ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Amy_k ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Amy_k ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Amy_k ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Amy_k ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Amy_k ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Amy_k ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Amy_k ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS T2, Nexus 7
25% Rebate for Hachette Book Group Books at OmnitLit/All Romance Ebooks

Not as good as an actual discount, but if you have a lot of Hachette books you want the rebate dollars do add up. Too bad that any purchases don't seem to go toward the 10 books get one book free deal.

Some Hachette authors include: Eileen Dreyer, Karen Rose, Jessica Sorenson, Jill Shalvis, Larissa Ione, Sandra Brown, Anna Campbell, Margaret Mallory

I'll probably finish Carolyn Jewel's My Immortal series (missing books 3 & 4!) and maybe catch up on Kristen Callihan's series.

Last edited by Amy_k; 09-01-2013 at 05:50 AM.
Amy_k is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-01-2013, 06:22 AM   #3
library addict
Grand Sorcerer
library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7 2, Samsung Galaxy Tab A 8" (retired=Sony PRS650, Kobo Mini)
I'm going to get my weekly report over with. I was very bad this week
  • Declan's Cross (Sharpe & Donovan 3) by Carla Neggers (I enjoyed this one very much. I would recommend reading the series in order though.)
  • Deception Cove (World of Harmony 11/Arcane 17) by Jayne Castle (Liked this one a lot too, especially the h/h)
  • Medium Rare (Ramos Family/Medium trilogy 2) by Meg Benjamin
  • A Business Engagement (Duchess Diaries 1) by Merline Lovelace
  • Task Force Bride (The Precinct 22) by Julie Miller
  • Bound by Marriage by Nalini Singh
  • Secrets in the Marriage Bed by Nalini Singh
  • The Bonus Mom (Mackinnon Family 3) by Jennifer Greene
  • Mission: Cavanaugh Baby (Cavanaugh Justice 25) by Marie Ferrarella
  • Key trilogy bundle by Nora Roberts
  • Personal Assets (Texas Nights 1) by Kelsey Browning
  • Baby It's Cold Outside (Alaskan Nights 1) by Addison Fox
  • Come Fly with Me (Alaskan Nights 2) by Addison Fox
  • From This Moment On (Alaskan Nights 3 - novella) by Addison Fox
  • Just in Time (Alaskan Nights 4) by Addison Fox
  • Tempting Acquisitions (Boardrooms & Billionaires 1) by Addison Fox
  • Taking Dirty with the Player (Talking Dirty 2) by Jackie Ashenden
  • Against the Wall (Maverick Montana 1) by Rebecca Zanetti
  • Under the Covers (Maverick Montana 2) by Rebecca Zanetti
  • The Fireman who Loved Me (Bachelor Firemen 1) by Jennifer Bernard
  • Hot for Fireman (Bachelor Firemen 2) by Jennifer Bernard
  • Sex and the Single Fireman (Bachelor Firemen 3) by Jennifer Bernard
  • Picture Perfect Wedding (Wedding Fever 2) by Fiona Lowe
  • Flight Risk (Antiques in Flight 1) by Nicole Helm
I kept some codes back for a new releases I want tomorrow and Tuesday.

Nearly all my books I purchased this week were part of a series, only two were stand-alone!

My wish list of books actually available to buy/scheduled for release is looking pretty short. I have been having too much fun shopping thanks to the Kobo coupon angel
library addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 08:21 AM   #4
Venus
Country girl
Venus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Venus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Venus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Venus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Venus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Venus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Venus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Venus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Venus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Venus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Venus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many
Most of my purchases were with Kobo this week thanks to the Code Fairy. The first three weren't Kobo:

Sweet Deception.....Heather Snow.......liked
Ravishing the Heiress....Sherry Thomas....liked
For the Love of a Soldier....Victoria Morgan....liked

Edge of Survival.....Toni Anderson
The Ultimate Rice Cooker Cookbook
On Her Masters Secret Service....Lexi Blake
Ignited....Kaylea Cross
Beyond Pain...Kit Rocha
Creed...Kristen Ashley
Night of Seduction...Cheryl Holt
True Shot.....Joyce Lamb
True Colors...Joyce Lamb
Morgan's Hunter...Cate Beauman
Forever Alexa .....Cate Beauman
Endgame...Dee Davis
Axel...Harper Sloan
Body of evidence...Rachel Grant
Reckless....Skye Jordan
One wrong Move...Shannon Mckenna
The Golden Dynasty....Kristen Ashley

I wasn't so good either.
Venus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 08:24 AM   #5
mikaelalind
Fanatic
mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS 505, Cybook Odessey
I could have sworn I bought a lot of books, but it turns out I only bought 3.

Cast in Sorrow by Michelle Sagara (Bought with a 30 % off code. The day after, I found out about the 50% coupon... *facepalm*)
Cast in Moonlight by Michelle Sagara
Lucifer's daughter by Eve Langlais ( I liked it but I regret I didn't use a coupon on it since it was quite short.)
mikaelalind is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-01-2013, 08:56 AM   #6
worktolive
Guru
worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by library addict View Post
  • Medium Rare (Ramos Family/Medium trilogy 2) by Meg Benjamin
  • Taking Dirty with the Player (Talking Dirty 2) by Jackie Ashenden
I love Meg's Konigsburg series and I just read Medium Well last week. I thought it was really good - the same type of really nice characters and happy romance between the two leads as in the Konigsburg books, but with a good ghost-y/paranormal-y twist. I almost bought Medium Rare but I'd already gone over my budget for August. However, it's a new month.....

I also read and loved Talking Dirty with the CEO by Jackie Ashendon, so Talking Dirty With the Player is also on the Sept. "To buy" list.
worktolive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 11:40 AM   #7
Britomart
Guru
Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Opus, PC
Laurla has mentioned these anthologies in passing, but as they are further reduced at Amazon right now, I thought I'd mention them again:

Wounded Heroes Boxed Set -- Amazon US DE Kobo
This one contains Survivors by Judith Arnold, Waiting for You by Kathryn Shay, Silken Threads by Patricia Ryan, Texas Refuge by Jean Brashear, and The More I See by Lisa Mondello.

Bad Boy Heroes Boxed Set - Amazon US DE Kobo
This one contains Secret Thunder by Patricia Ryan, Follow the Sun by Judith Arnold, Trust in Me by Kathryn Shay, and Breaking the Rules by Barbara Samuel.

Good Guy Heroes Boxed Set - Amazon US DE Kobo
This one contains Dear Cupid by Julie Ortolon, Kissing in the Dark by Wendy Lindstrom, Lost in Temptation by Lauren Royal, Kiss the Cook by Jacquie D'Alessandro, and Prelude to a Wedding by Patricia McLinn.

Some of the novels, like Prelude to a Wedding, have been freebies in the past, so it's worth checking what you've already got before you hit the "buy" button. But at that price you can't really go wrong.
Britomart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 12:18 PM   #8
apesmom
Wizard
apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Nova Air, Galaxy Note 10
Random House titles are now coupon eligible on Kobo! Trouble ahead.
apesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 12:29 PM   #9
Blue2u
Wizard
Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by library addict View Post

My wish list of books actually available to buy/scheduled for release is looking pretty short. I have been having too much fun shopping thanks to the Kobo coupon angel
You were very bad, or very good, it depends on how you look at it!
My wishlist was good, now it's bad again. ah well, such is life.

apesmom:
Quote:
Are you serious? Well that's just a double-edged sword isn't it? Don't know whether to or
*runs off to fix kobo buy list, again*

ETA my buy list for this week, better do it now because next week's going to be ugly...possibly super-ugly with apesmom's news!?

Book Buys this week: 17 books, $20
$1ish
Locked – Maya Cross
Keep Me Still – Caisey Quinn
Spiral – Mila Ferrera
Fixed On You – Laurelin Paige
Misjudged – Sarah Elizabeth
Four Summers – Nyrae Dawn
The Nature of Cruelty – L.H. Cosway
Broken and Screwed – Tijan
More Than This – Jay McLean
Bad Rep – A. Meredith Walters
Ending a Broken Journey – Melissa Delgado
Origin [Lux 4] – Jennifer L. Armentrout
Mirage – Ashley Suzanne
Smart Sexy & Secretive – Tammy Falkner
In This Moment – Autumn Doughton
$2ish
Revealed – H.M. Ward
$3ish
Hot Finish – Erin McCarthy
I did really well this week, next likely not so much!
Blue2u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 12:33 PM   #10
Keslynn
Plausible Deniability
Keslynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Keslynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Keslynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Keslynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Keslynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Keslynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Keslynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Keslynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Keslynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Keslynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Keslynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kindle Paperwhite, iPad Mini 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by apesmom View Post
Yes, there is! Trouble for my wallet!

Thanks for the heads up.
Keslynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 12:41 PM   #11
Britomart
Guru
Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Opus, PC
A number of ebooks by English publisher Robert Hale are available at All Romance eBooks for $1.00 each, unfortunately not all of them internationally.

A Fradulent Betrothal by Natasha Anderson.
Across the Sands of Time by Pamela Kavanagh.
In All Honour by Beth Elliot.
Maggie's Girl by Sally Wragg.
Ruined by Ann Barker.
Second Best by Pamela Fudge.
Spoiled by Ann Barker.
Supervising Sally by Marina Oliver.
The Paradise Will by Elizabeth Hanbury.
Britomart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 12:49 PM   #12
NixLapi
Addict
NixLapi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NixLapi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NixLapi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NixLapi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NixLapi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NixLapi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NixLapi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NixLapi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NixLapi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NixLapi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NixLapi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo
I didn't buy a single book this week, I was very well behaved with my already over-spent budget. Fortunately today is a new month!

Quote:
Woohoo!!!
NixLapi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 01:02 PM   #13
Jane A
Addict
Jane A 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.Jane A 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.Jane A 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.Jane A 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.Jane A 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.Jane A 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.Jane A 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.Jane A 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.Jane A 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.Jane A 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.Jane A 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by Britomart View Post
Laurla has mentioned these anthologies in passing, but as they are further reduced at Amazon right now, I thought I'd mention them again:

Bad Boy Heroes Boxed Set - Amazon US DE Kobo
This one contains Secret Thunder by Patricia Ryan, Follow the Sun by Judith Arnold, Trust in Me by Kathryn Shay, and Breaking the Rules by Barbara Samuel.
Just an FYI, Breaking the Rules was originally published under the name Ruth Wind as a Silhouette Intimate Moments in 1994. If you're like me you like to see info on the original.
Jane A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 01:08 PM   #14
apesmom
Wizard
apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Nova Air, Galaxy Note 10
Quote:

Amazon is also busy discounting Random House. MANY backlist titles are discounted 30%.
apesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 01:17 PM   #15
Loosheesh
Wizard
Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW1, PW5, iPhone SE 2016, iPhone 13 Pro, iPad Pro 9.7, iPad Pro 2021
Last Sunday I had nothing to report (except I bought 3 non-fiction books for a total of $19.48). This past week, including today, I bought 4 books for a total of $10.26; one of these is a non-fiction for $6.82 and three I just bought this morning.

I'm really trying to curb my spending these days. It's not so much a matter of budget as of getting value for money. I have close to 500 paid ebooks (I should say 'ebook files') I have yet to read, and the figure for actual books is much higher than this because I have a number of bundles/collections in that total. Also, notice I said ebooks; I'm still buying print books though I don't track my spending on these. When does it become enough? Plus, I'm buying full series of which I haven't read not one book; what if I hate the first book? I need to slow down the buying and start reading more from my own stash. Easier said than done, right?
Loosheesh is offline   Reply With Quote