Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Apple Devices

Notices

Old 08-26-2013, 12:03 AM   #1
queenfrostine
queenfrostine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queenfrostine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queenfrostine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queenfrostine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queenfrostine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queenfrostine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queenfrostine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queenfrostine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queenfrostine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queenfrostine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queenfrostine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iphone, nook tablet and kindle paerwhite
Stanza Gone from App Store?

Hello! Today I had to replace my iPhone due to a hardware defect. I restored my phone from a back up, but when iTunes was putting my apps back onto my phone via sync, it told me it couldn't install Stanza because it couldn't find the files. I tried going into the app store to re-download but it's no longer there. I can't find any files for it in the iTunes folder on my computer either. Is there any way to get the app another way or do I need to finally make the switch to another ereader?
queenfrostine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 02:09 AM   #2
Turtle91
A Hairy Wizard
Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 11/X/6/iPad 1,2,Air & Air Pro/Surface Pro/Kindle PW & Fire
Definitely time to make the switch. Have you checked out Marvin lately?
Turtle91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-26-2013, 04:15 AM   #3
queenfrostine
queenfrostine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queenfrostine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queenfrostine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queenfrostine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queenfrostine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queenfrostine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queenfrostine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queenfrostine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queenfrostine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queenfrostine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queenfrostine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Did they finally release that for iPhone? I've seen it on someone else's iPad, but my iPhone is my only iDevice so I haven't tried it myself.
Old 08-26-2013, 05:04 AM   #4
kguil
Addict
kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Marvin for iOS
It's coming this September, as promised.
kguil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 05:02 PM   #5
queenfrostine

I will check that out next month then. The screenshots on their website look fabulous. I'll test out bluefire in the meantime.
Advert
Old 08-26-2013, 05:53 PM   #6
kyteflyer
Wizard
kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone SE2020
Stanza should still be in your itunes mobile applications directory, wherever that may reside. However, I wouldn't bother, get Marvin next month. Thats what I'll be doing, even though I still have Stanza. Its time to let it go. (If you are looking for a stop-gap measure, try Duokan, its free and configurable enough for short term use. Books can be transferred to it via itunes drag and drop or Add, or if you keep your books in a calibre library on Dropbox or similar, downloading and "Open in.." works just as well.)
kyteflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 06:40 PM   #7
queenfrostine

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyteflyer View Post
Stanza should still be in your itunes mobile applications directory, wherever that may reside.
It should be, but it's not. It shows up among my apps in iTunes but it has a blank icon and there are no files attached to it. I tried going into the file system of my computer to locate the files manually but there's no trace of it. It's the strangest thing.

Thanks for the app rec! I'll add it to my list of ones to check out while I wait for Marvin to come out.
Old 08-27-2013, 10:39 PM   #8
Jessica Lares
Wizard
Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini, iPod Touch (5th gen)
Should be under Purchased in iTunes. Unless it was specifically asked to be removed, or Apple pulled it themselves, you're going to always have it in your Purchased tab. Even if the publisher doesn't renew their Apple Developer account.

I know that because I have every app I've ever downloaded in the App Store since the day it opened to the public.
Jessica Lares is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 11:04 PM   #9
kyteflyer
Wizard
kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone SE2020
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessica Lares View Post
Should be under Purchased in iTunes. Unless it was specifically asked to be removed, or Apple pulled it themselves, you're going to always have it in your Purchased tab. Even if the publisher doesn't renew their Apple Developer account.

I know that because I have every app I've ever downloaded in the App Store since the day it opened to the public.
Its not there. I guess Amazon or Apple pulled it, but if you lose your copy now, you cannot re-download.
kyteflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 12:56 AM   #10
queenfrostine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessica Lares View Post
I checked there too before I posted here so I think it's safe to say that Amazon or Apple yanked Stanza.
Old 08-28-2013, 01:28 AM   #11
Jessica Lares
Wizard
Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Ah, then, sorry guys. queenfrostine could you drag that blank icon onto your device to sync, or?
Old 08-28-2013, 02:41 AM   #12
queenfrostine

No because there are no files attached to the icon. It's basically just a memory of an app that used to be there that's written into the iTunes library file.

Ah well. Guess it's time to move on. Stanza was so buggy towards the end that I won't miss the app so much as all the bookmarks I had made after using it for so long. I think that was the only reason I didn't find a new app until I was forced to.
Old 08-28-2013, 02:48 AM   #13
Merischino
Groupie
Merischino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Merischino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Merischino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Merischino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Merischino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Merischino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Merischino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Merischino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Merischino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Merischino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Merischino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Pixel 2, Kindle Fire HD 8
I don't have an idevice right now so I can't prove it... But I think you can Google to get legacy versions of stanza.iPA from alternate sources. Last week while preparing a package for my mom I was able to get early versions of the Mac desktop version and I'm pretty sure I found the IPA as well. You might give it a try. Also the lexcycle stanza website, iirc, may refer you to someplace so try their nowdefunct site.

You might also try finding the elusive IPA with a manual search not of your mobile applications for, but of that hard but your Iphone backup directory.
Merischino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 07:17 AM   #14
Jessica Lares
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merischino View Post
I don't have an idevice right now so I can't prove it... But I think you can Google to get legacy versions of stanza.iPA from alternate sources. Last week while preparing a package for my mom I was able to get early versions of the Mac desktop version and I'm pretty sure I found the IPA as well. You might give it a try. Also the lexcycle stanza website, iirc, may refer you to someplace so try their nowdefunct site.

You might also try finding the elusive IPA with a manual search not of your mobile applications for, but of that hard but your Iphone backup directory.
You'd have to resign it to get it on the device though. I can't tell you how to do that, and you'd need a developer account.
Old 08-28-2013, 12:49 PM   #15
MeSue
Geek in the Forest
MeSue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MeSue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MeSue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MeSue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MeSue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MeSue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MeSue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MeSue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MeSue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MeSue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MeSue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Air, iPhone 4s, Nexus 7
This is why I periodically dump all the IPA files from my iTunes mobile apps folder to an external backup location.

One more suggestion for the OP: if you are on Windows, did you try the "previous versions" feature in the Mobile Applications folder of your computer? In other words, go to that folder in Windows explorer, right click and go to properties, and look for previous versions. It will show you previously deleted files that you can restore. If its been a while, it might not be restorable. :-(
MeSue is offline   Reply With Quote