Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 03-20-2011, 11:06 AM   #1
TheD0ct0r
Enthusiast
TheD0ct0r began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Unable to get series information

Running Calibre 7.50. When I download the metadata, I am not getting series name or index number. Tried on several different books. Has this functionality been removed?
TheD0ct0r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 11:42 AM   #2
kiwidude
Calibre Plugins Developer
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
Kind of. I am guessing you haven't upgraded for a while, there are a few threads floating around discussing this when it cropped up a few weeks ago. Calibre used to get its series information from librarything, but that website started blocking Calibre so Kovid removed that particular download plugin.

Download and install the Goodreads Metadata plugin which usually has decent series information.
kiwidude is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-20-2011, 12:42 PM   #3
TheD0ct0r
Enthusiast
TheD0ct0r began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
I'll give that a try. Thanks!
TheD0ct0r is offline   Reply With Quote