Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 09-10-2010, 09:53 AM   #1
sufast
sufast began at the beginning.

Device: eBookMan
ebookman user can't download OS from Franklin

I found this forum while searching for help for a problem I'm having with downloading the operating system for my eBookMan device. Franklin removed the link so I can't download the OS to my device anymore. Franklin is no help at all. I'm waiting for ectaco to get back with me. If I can't use my device then I will be a short term member of this forum. If there are any ebookman users here who have this problem please reply.

Last edited by sufast; 09-20-2010 at 09:37 AM.
sufast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 10:45 AM   #2
happy_terd
Banned
happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS 420
Hello and welcome to MR!!!

No idea.

You may want to post the question here.

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=216
happy_terd is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-10-2010, 11:00 AM   #3
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW

Welcome to mobileread....

Yes we are seeing a small number of users such as yourself with this same problem. Whether they have solved it is unknown.

You may find solutions in threads on here ....https://www.mobileread.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=102
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 12:37 PM   #4
Sandra Edwards
Queen of Procrastination
Sandra Edwards once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Sandra Edwards once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Sandra Edwards once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Sandra Edwards once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Sandra Edwards once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Sandra Edwards once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Sandra Edwards once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Sandra Edwards once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Sandra Edwards once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Sandra Edwards once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Sandra Edwards once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: K2, K3, Fire
Welcome to MR!

Sorry, I cannot help with your problem :-(

Sandy
Sandra Edwards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 04:42 PM   #5
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Hi sufast and welcome to MobileRead
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-10-2010, 08:18 PM   #6
ImogenRose
PORTAL
ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 1, Kindle 3 (3G), iPhone
Hello and welcome to MR!

Imogen
ImogenRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 09:21 AM   #7
Valmore Daniels
Grand Sorcerer
Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
welcome I hope you get it worked out.
Valmore Daniels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 05:04 AM   #8
emmyr
emmyr began at the beginning.

Device: franklin ebookman
Download Ebookman OS

Hi there,
I have had the same problem for a while now (since I bought a new ebookman). I have recently tried again and was able to work out a way to do it.
Firstly make sure you have you ebookman desktop manager installed on your computer and connect you ebookman to it.
Next, click on the WEB and go to Download O/S applications. You will then get a box that says "connecting to franklin.com to retrieve the latest O/S and applications. Click OK and a window wil say connecting to Franklin.
Next you will get a window that says unabale to connect to Franklin.com, again click OK and another window will appear saying "The O/S could not be downloaded directly but will atempt to continue the download using your browser etc" Again click OK.
Next you should be taken to a franklin webpage with a download link specific to your ebookman. The info says it is best to click download and open the file directly from the webpage but I found it best to save the download to an empty floder on my computer. Just make note of where you save it to.
Once the file is downloaded you need to locate it on your computer and right click on the zipped folder (do not extract files beforehand) once you have right clicked a pop up will com up and you select OPEN WITH and then select EBOOKMAN DESKTOP MANAGER. Once you do this a window will come up saying UNPACKING FILES and you click OK. Another window will then come up asking if you want to SYNCHRONISE YOU CONTENT TO YOUR EBOOKMAN. Again click OK and the operating system should transfer across.

I hope this helps and have my fingers crossed that it works for you.
GOOD LUCK
emmyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 05:17 AM   #9
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
emmyr

Welcome to mobileread ....
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote