Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 09-17-2015, 08:12 PM   #451
kuromusha
Connoisseur
kuromusha began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-350, PRS-650, PRS-T2, PRS-T3, Boox T68, Boox Poke 3
How do you turn on manual scroll using the finger? I turned it off and don't know how to turn it back on.
kuromusha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2015, 12:38 PM   #452
peaceridge
Guru
peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura1, Nexus7.2, Galaxy Tab A 8.4, Ipad Air & Mini 6
I've just come back to Moon + after completely given up on Mantano (after many months and updates, they still haven't fixed the problem of going to the wrong page after switching from portrait to landscape). Just had to leave Pocketbook as it no longer has the option to go forward from a touch on the left screen.

So, questions just to make sure I'm understanding Moon + Pro - still no way to show total pages in the portrait mode (landscape of 2 pages does show this)? Also, at the least I'd like to get rid of the chapter name in the middle of portrait (I don't care if I'm on "Chapter Two" it clearly shows 2/#) - any way to do this? Finally, any way to show the light line down the middle in landscape? Otherwise, I'm liking it much more this time around.

PS - not sure what the difference is - I use Calibre Companion. When it transfers books on my Nexus 7 to Moon, they show up in the Moon bookshelf. I just tried my Galaxy 10.1 and when I transfer the same book to Moon, it is not on the Moon bookshelf and I have to go back to cc to open it - is there an option somewhere? Does Moon copy my cc book to another spot on the device?

Last edited by peaceridge; 10-03-2015 at 02:09 PM. Reason: ps
peaceridge is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-03-2015, 07:43 PM   #453
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
Quote:
Originally Posted by peaceridge View Post
... Just had to leave Pocketbook as it no longer has the option to go forward from a touch on the left screen.
Not an answer to your Moon+ questions, but in Pocketbook I just tried to configure the left side of the screen to page forward, same as the right side. It seems to work OK for me.
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2015, 08:02 PM   #454
peaceridge
Guru
peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackie_w View Post
Not an answer to your Moon+ questions, but in Pocketbook I just tried to configure the left side of the screen to page forward, same as the right side. It seems to work OK for me.
Thanks, I just tried it again and it is now working! I probably had "fat fingers" and hit the wrong thing. So much appreciate it! I really do like the app.
Old 10-03-2015, 10:53 PM   #455
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
PS - not sure what the difference is - I use Calibre Companion. When it transfers books on my Nexus 7 to Moon, they show up in the Moon bookshelf. I just tried my Galaxy 10.1 and when I transfer the same book to Moon, it is not on the Moon bookshelf and I have to go back to cc to open it - is there an option somewhere? Does Moon copy my cc book to another spot on the device?
I use CC on my Nexus 7 to open books in Moon+ and have never looked at my Moon bookshelf since. I use the CC widget to reopen any books I'm currently reading.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-04-2015, 12:54 PM   #456
peaceridge
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctorOhh View Post
I use CC on my Nexus 7 to open books in Moon+ and have never looked at my Moon bookshelf since. I use the CC widget to reopen any books I'm currently reading.
I'm pretty sure it has to do with the os version. Works perfectly on the Nexus 7 (android 5.1.1) and shows up in the Moon bookshelf, but I have to use the cc desktop shortcuts on the Galaxy 10.1 (android 4.4.2). I don't like the desktop shortcuts as I'm doing research and have lots of books that I'm jumping back and forth in - but it does work, so that's a big plus.
Old 10-04-2015, 07:41 PM   #457
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
but I have to use the cc desktop shortcuts on the Galaxy 10.1 (android 4.4.2). I don't like the desktop shortcuts as I'm doing research and have lots of books that I'm jumping back and forth in - but it does work, so that's a big plus.
Is there any reason you don't use the CC widgets? You can set the book cover list widget to be able to scroll through the last 10, 20 or 30 books (or more completely configurable) and open them with a simple touch. Or use the Book Stack widget which automatically tracks the last 20 (or fewer) books and allows you to the scroll them in an endless loop. Quickly select the book you want and tap it to open it.
Old 10-05-2015, 11:49 AM   #458
peaceridge
Guru

Quote:
Is there any reason you don't use the CC widgets? You can set the book cover list widget to be able to scroll through the last 10, 20 or 30 books (or more completely configurable) and open them with a simple touch. Or use the Book Stack widget which automatically tracks the last 20 (or fewer) books and allows you to the scroll them in an endless loop. Quickly select the book you want and tap it to open it.
Thanks, I'll give the widgets another look - my Nexus 7 screen is too small, so I haven't bothered using them. My Galaxy 10.1 is new, so I haven't really tried them out on it, but I will try as that might be my answer.
Old 10-05-2015, 09:56 PM   #459
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired

Quote:
Thanks, I'll give the widgets another look - my Nexus 7 screen is too small, so I haven't bothered using them. My Galaxy 10.1 is new, so I haven't really tried them out on it, but I will try as that might be my answer.
I use the widgets on my Nexus 7, how is your screen too small? By long pressing on any of the widgets the handles pop up that allow any of the CC widgets to be resized. I attached a screen shot of my Nexus 7. I don't like to wear my reading glasses so I enlarged the widget to suit my needs, but it can be smaller too.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2015-10-05-22-01-40.jpg
Views:	414
Size:	231.9 KB
ID:	142625  

Last edited by DoctorOhh; 10-05-2015 at 10:03 PM.
Old 10-06-2015, 10:27 AM   #460
peaceridge
Guru

Quote:
I use the widgets on my Nexus 7, how is your screen too small? By long pressing on any of the widgets the handles pop up that allow any of the CC widgets to be resized. I attached a screen shot of my Nexus 7. I don't like to wear my reading glasses so I enlarged the widget to suit my needs, but it can be smaller too.
Good point, I guess I could devote one of the screens just to the books I'm reading, but I can do that on the book shelves of the ereader. I'm one of those odd ducks that read (non-research) probably 10 books at a time, of different categories - biography, sf, fantasy, etc, depending on my mood.
Old 10-06-2015, 09:30 PM   #461
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired

Quote:
Good point, I guess I could devote one of the screens just to the books I'm reading, but I can do that on the book shelves of the ereader. I'm one of those odd ducks that read (non-research) probably 10 books at a time, of different categories - biography, sf, fantasy, etc, depending on my mood.
If you look at my screen shot I attached in my last post it only shows 4 books and does not take up the whole screen but I can quickly scroll through my last 20 books I opened. From what you said this should be more than enough. Other widgets you can set to scroll through more if you desire more.
Old 10-14-2015, 07:19 PM   #462
CapZap
Old and in the way
CapZap began at the beginning.

Device: Galaxy Tab S 8.4
Just in the past two days, my bookmarks have been displaying in two columns. I have had this happen in the past but found a simple toggle to go back to a single list. Surely that toggle is still there. Somewhere. Anybody know? Running latest Moon+ reader pro.
CapZap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2015, 12:17 AM   #463
diremommy
Zealot
diremommy can read faster than his screen refreshesdiremommy can read faster than his screen refreshesdiremommy can read faster than his screen refreshesdiremommy can read faster than his screen refreshesdiremommy can read faster than his screen refreshesdiremommy can read faster than his screen refreshesdiremommy can read faster than his screen refreshesdiremommy can read faster than his screen refreshesdiremommy can read faster than his screen refreshesdiremommy can read faster than his screen refreshesdiremommy can read faster than his screen refreshes

Device: Zenpad S 8, iPad mini 2
Is there a way to clear my recent read list, without clearing off all my personal settings?
diremommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2015, 04:15 PM   #464
Purple Lady
Grand Sorcerer
Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Huawei MediaPad M5, LG V30, Boyue T80S, Nexus 7 LTE, K3 3G, Fire HD8
Quote:
Originally Posted by diremommy View Post
Is there a way to clear my recent read list, without clearing off all my personal settings?
I figured this out just playing around. Do a long press on one of the books in the list, tap on the 3 dot menu, choose select all, then tap on delete. Anytime I can't figure out how to do something, a long press usually helps.
Purple Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2015, 04:31 PM   #465
diremommy
Zealot
diremommy can read faster than his screen refreshesdiremommy can read faster than his screen refreshesdiremommy can read faster than his screen refreshesdiremommy can read faster than his screen refreshesdiremommy can read faster than his screen refreshesdiremommy can read faster than his screen refreshesdiremommy can read faster than his screen refreshesdiremommy can read faster than his screen refreshesdiremommy can read faster than his screen refreshesdiremommy can read faster than his screen refreshesdiremommy can read faster than his screen refreshes

Device: Zenpad S 8, iPad mini 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Purple Lady View Post
I figured this out just playing around. Do a long press on one of the books in the list, tap on the 3 dot menu, choose select all, then tap on delete. Anytime I can't figure out how to do something, a long press usually helps.
Awesome, thanks! I never would have figured that out!
diremommy is offline   Reply With Quote