Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Apple Devices

Notices

Old 06-15-2010, 07:16 AM   #1
Octochick
Zealot
Octochick has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Octochick has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Octochick has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle
Great iPad Cover Find!

I received an Abas zippered folio cover to review for my blog. The post went up today with lots of photos. I have only found one mention of this company on here, which surprises me. They offer beautifully made covers and in a variety of colors (don't worry they have black too) and some really unique styles. Love this cover!

photo ©Piewacket
Octochick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 07:28 AM   #2
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
It's rather pink !
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-15-2010, 07:40 AM   #3
Bremen Cole
Wizard
Bremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with others

Device: iPad
Nice one! Not really my color though

Will show to wife.............$135 ....... okay, I won't show her........

Last edited by Bremen Cole; 06-15-2010 at 07:43 AM.
Bremen Cole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 07:43 AM   #4
Octochick
Zealot
Octochick has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Octochick has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Octochick has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

They also have black (as noted in post), orange, yellow, green and red and I think you can get it in brown though it may be sold out right now. Choices! How refreshing.

Last edited by Octochick; 06-15-2010 at 07:53 AM.
Old 06-15-2010, 08:22 AM   #5
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
Brilliant news ...
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-15-2010, 10:56 AM   #6
MsAstoria
Evangelist
MsAstoria knows more than wikipediaMsAstoria knows more than wikipediaMsAstoria knows more than wikipediaMsAstoria knows more than wikipediaMsAstoria knows more than wikipediaMsAstoria knows more than wikipediaMsAstoria knows more than wikipediaMsAstoria knows more than wikipediaMsAstoria knows more than wikipediaMsAstoria knows more than wikipediaMsAstoria knows more than wikipedia

Device: Kindle Fire HDX, iPhone (yes, I read on my phone)
Well, it is very pretty, but $135? I don't think so. Love your blog BTW
MsAstoria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 10:59 AM   #7
Octochick
Zealot

I understand it is not cheap but it is very high quality and I have spent as much or more on wallets or purses. I also Have seen people on other boards spending more on covers, so IMO it is worth it.
Old 06-15-2010, 11:21 AM   #8
scottjl
Reader of Books
scottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with others

Device: none
maybe you can tell us why you like it? what features does it have? what cases have you compared it to? durability? what makes it worth the high price?
scottjl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 12:37 PM   #9
Octochick
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottjl View Post
maybe you can tell us why you like it? what features does it have? what cases have you compared it to? durability? what makes it worth the high price?
The full review is on on my blog... Just click the link.
Old 06-15-2010, 04:08 PM   #10
MsAstoria
Evangelist
MsAstoria knows more than wikipediaMsAstoria knows more than wikipediaMsAstoria knows more than wikipediaMsAstoria knows more than wikipediaMsAstoria knows more than wikipediaMsAstoria knows more than wikipediaMsAstoria knows more than wikipediaMsAstoria knows more than wikipediaMsAstoria knows more than wikipediaMsAstoria knows more than wikipediaMsAstoria knows more than wikipedia

Device: Kindle Fire HDX, iPhone (yes, I read on my phone)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Octochick View Post
I understand it is not cheap but it is very high quality and I have spent as much or more on wallets or purses. I also Have seen people on other boards spending more on covers, so IMO it is worth it.
Wow! My last purse was $12 but then it isn't leather either. My iPad cover is from Griffin and cost $48. it also has business card slots and the inner flap, not hot pink though! Thanks for your post.
MsAstoria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 04:10 PM   #11
Bremen Cole
Wizard
Bremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with others

Device: iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by MsAstoria View Post
Wow! My last purse was $12 but then it isn't leather either. My iPad cover is from Griffin and cost $48. it also has business card slots and the inner flap, not hot pink though! Thanks for your post.
lol, yeah.... my wife get's her purses from Target.... I think because she likes to change them out often she doesn't get the "better" ones......
Bremen Cole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 02:04 AM   #12
philophobos
philophobos began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo, iPad, waiting for other pad/slate devices
BTW, I've seen a pink Hummer today at a gas station. A friend of mine was impressed by the blonde driving it. He's color blind, but has no problem spotting the blondes.
philophobos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 05:13 AM   #13
nick101
Groupie
nick101 can extract oil from cheesenick101 can extract oil from cheesenick101 can extract oil from cheesenick101 can extract oil from cheesenick101 can extract oil from cheesenick101 can extract oil from cheesenick101 can extract oil from cheesenick101 can extract oil from cheesenick101 can extract oil from cheese

Device: Sony PRS-600 Touch, iPhone
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffC View Post
It's rather pink !
No it's not. It's *very* pink. It's the Platonic ideal of pinkness. My infinitely better half would swoon over such pinkitude. But she hasn't got an iPad. Yet.
nick101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 06:01 AM   #14
Tim_A
Tim_A began at the beginning.

Device: Ipad, PRS-600
Before WWII, pink would have been considered very masculine (there were even pink Spitfires... although that was for camouflage). It was like a "young red", with its fiery, bloody, aggressive undertones. Back then, blue was the dainty, delicate, feminine colour!
Tim_A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 06:08 AM   #15
nick101
Groupie
nick101 can extract oil from cheesenick101 can extract oil from cheesenick101 can extract oil from cheesenick101 can extract oil from cheesenick101 can extract oil from cheesenick101 can extract oil from cheesenick101 can extract oil from cheesenick101 can extract oil from cheesenick101 can extract oil from cheese

Device: Sony PRS-600 Touch, iPhone
Excuse me, but what are you saying about all those brave young RAF boys and their blue uniforms? I think we should be told.
nick101 is offline   Reply With Quote