Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 12-10-2009, 03:21 PM   #1
olehosk
olehosk began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2
How do you edit clippings?

Is there any way to delete individual clippings from the Kindle. I have quickly ended up with a lot of 'noise' and would like to edit some out.

Thanks in advance.
olehosk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 04:33 PM   #2
Rootman
Groupie
Rootman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Rootman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Rootman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Rootman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Rootman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Android & FBReader
Connect your Kindle to a PC with the USB cord, open the Kindle using a file manager (Explorer in Windows - Mac not sure, Linux take your pick).

Go to the Documents folder and look for "My Clippings.txt", edit it and save it.
Rootman is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-10-2009, 04:35 PM   #3
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palms, K1-4s, iPads, iPhones, KV, KO1
Quote:
Originally Posted by olehosk View Post
Is there any way to delete individual clippings from the Kindle. I have quickly ended up with a lot of 'noise' and would like to edit some out.

Thanks in advance.
You plug the Kindle in to your Mac or PC (with a USB cord). When it mounts on the desktop, looking like any other disk drive --- find the file "My Clippings" and edit it.

Be careful to leave a consistent format in the file. I've had my Kindle refuse to recognize an editted file. I had to tell the Kindle to delete it, and then the next clipping or bookmark created a whole new file. So, it can sometimes work better to just move the whole file to your computer, and let the Kindle start afresh with a new file.
badgoodDeb is offline   Reply With Quote