Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 10-08-2013, 10:10 AM   #1
cager
Connoisseur
cager 's ceiling is 100% spider-free.cager 's ceiling is 100% spider-free.cager 's ceiling is 100% spider-free.cager 's ceiling is 100% spider-free.cager 's ceiling is 100% spider-free.cager 's ceiling is 100% spider-free.cager 's ceiling is 100% spider-free.cager 's ceiling is 100% spider-free.cager 's ceiling is 100% spider-free.cager 's ceiling is 100% spider-free.cager 's ceiling is 100% spider-free.

Device: none
Question Help with switching plugboards needed - Solved

(Device Kindle)

Is there an easier way to swap plugboards other than the way I am doing it?
I currently use Calibre for conversions and changing titles rather than book management.

For authors who have written series I like the file and book title to be in the format “series number – title” which I achieve by the script:
{series:|| }{series_index:0>2s|[|] - }{title}

For authors who do not write in series I like the format of the files and titles to be “Published date – title” for which I use:
{pubdate} {title}

These may be used for both Save to Disc and Send to Device depending on the circumstances.

The only way I have found to change from one format to the other is to edit and re-edit the “metadata plugboards” and the “saving to Disk”/”saving to device” templates in Preferences.

Is there an easier way or a super plugboard that would give the required result depending on whether or not there were series in the metadata of the selected books? Or do I just keep plugboarding away?

Last edited by cager; 10-09-2013 at 06:08 AM. Reason: Solution provided
cager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 02:18 PM   #2
Adoby
Handy Elephant
Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Thinkpad E595, Ubuntu Mate, Huawei Mediapad 5, Bouye Likebook Plus
{series:'test($, $, field('pubdate'))'|| }{series_index:0>2s|[|] - }{title}

for pubdate title or ...

{series:'test($, $, strcat(field('pubdate'), ' -'))'|| }{series_index:0>2s|[|] - }{title}

... for pubdate - title

Last edited by Adoby; 10-08-2013 at 02:49 PM. Reason: Removed superfluous spaces.
Adoby is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-09-2013, 06:05 AM   #3
cager
Connoisseur
cager 's ceiling is 100% spider-free.cager 's ceiling is 100% spider-free.cager 's ceiling is 100% spider-free.cager 's ceiling is 100% spider-free.cager 's ceiling is 100% spider-free.cager 's ceiling is 100% spider-free.cager 's ceiling is 100% spider-free.cager 's ceiling is 100% spider-free.cager 's ceiling is 100% spider-free.cager 's ceiling is 100% spider-free.cager 's ceiling is 100% spider-free.

Device: none
Thank you Adoby excellent plugboards.

They both work for me and solve my dilemma
cager is offline   Reply With Quote