Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 02-12-2012, 10:56 AM   #211
tilia
Evangelist
tilia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tilia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tilia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tilia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tilia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tilia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tilia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tilia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tilia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tilia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tilia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Voyage, K3
Beta

Both estimate from mobi/epub and download from Goodreads works for me now.

Disabled wordcount(of course I didn't remember that the first time I tried), and downloaded pagecount for a pdf as well.

I've never really been bothered with which Goodreads-edition my books where linked to. If I'm going to use this I guess I better start paying attention... I've only had time to take a quick look at the switch edition bit of the Goodreads Sync-plugin, but it looks great.
tilia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 01:03 PM   #212
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noughty View Post
Great. It's finally working for me. 10 out of 7 books had page numbers downloaded.
WOW... You mean it's making more books for you?
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-12-2012, 01:04 PM   #213
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterT View Post
WOW... You mean it's making more books for you?
It is filling the Missing books in a series
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 01:14 PM   #214
Noughty
Addict
Noughty is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.Noughty is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.Noughty is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.Noughty is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.Noughty is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.Noughty is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.Noughty is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.Noughty is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.Noughty is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.Noughty is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.Noughty is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.

Device: Kindle NT
Well sorry for the typo. Obviously 7 out of 10 books.
Noughty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 02:15 PM   #215
kiwidude
Calibre Plugins Developer
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
v1.3.0 Released

Changes in this release:
  • Add a Download from Goodreads option to allow retrieving book count from books that have a Goodreads identifier
  • If word count is disabled (i.e. only page count) allow download of page count for any book regardless of formats
  • Attempted workaround for Qt issue on Mac where some books would crash calibre.

See the previous thread page for detailed discussion, thanks to those of you who tested the beta and gave feedback.

For users deciding to use the new feature of Goodreads page counts, you might consider using a new page count column. That will make it easier for you to see which books it has successfully downloaded an "actual" page count for. If you need to switch to a different Goodreads edition (if the one you are linked to has no page count) then you will find the latest version of the Goodreads Sync plugin useful as it has a "Switch edition" feature.

When calibre 0.8.40 is released you can configure your Kindle device plugin to use the actual value from your pages custom column when generating the APNX files when you send a book to your Kindle as per the screenshot below.

Enjoy.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_6_KindleDeviceOptions.png
Views:	1817
Size:	25.9 KB
ID:	82508   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_1_Toolbar.png
Views:	1394
Size:	8.7 KB
ID:	82509   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2_Configuration.png
Views:	1554
Size:	18.0 KB
ID:	82510  
kiwidude is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-12-2012, 05:44 PM   #216
DuskyRose
Guru
DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Palma, Kdle Scribe & Paperwhite, Kobo Eclipsa 2e & Libra 2, Ipads
The new program seems to be working on my epub files now. They're not books listed at Goodreads, so can't test that right now. But it seems to be working like it did before for me now.
DuskyRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 06:00 PM   #217
shamanNS
Guru
shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW5 [bricked], Kindle PW1
Two custom columns

Is it possible to have both values (calculated & downloaded page count) in separate columns?
shamanNS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 03:02 AM   #218
kiwidude
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Yes, you just need to change the configuration in between to point to the different custom column and then run the other page count option.
Old 02-17-2012, 12:43 PM   #219
Zitoune
Zitoune began at the beginning.

Device: Sony
V1.3.0
Bug in last version Count Pages plugin (v 1.3.0 2012-02-12) with

Calibre v0.8.40,
windows 7 x64

Report:

Count ePub/Mobi Statistics
Python function terminated unexpectedly
do_count_statistics() takes at least 5 arguments (5 given) (Error Code: 1)
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "site.py", line 132, in main
File "site.py", line 109, in run_entry_point
File "site-packages\calibre\utils\ipc\worker.py", line 191, in main
File "site-packages\calibre\utils\ipc\worker.py", line 138, in arbitrary_n
TypeError: do_count_statistics() takes at least 5 arguments (5 given)

No problem with previous version (1.2.0)
Zitoune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 01:43 PM   #220
kiwidude

@Zitoune - welcome to MobileRead.

I think there is either something wrong with your calibre installation of 0.8.40, or of the plugin itself as it all works fine for me. Try reinstalling the plugin. Is anyone else using 0.8.40 yet with v1.3.0, and is it working for them?

Edit: additional thought - did you restart calibre after updating the plugin? I assume you have only just updated it, right?

Last edited by kiwidude; 02-17-2012 at 01:46 PM.
Old 02-17-2012, 02:47 PM   #221
Zitoune
Zitoune began at the beginning.

Device: Sony
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwidude View Post
@Zitoune - welcome to MobileRead.

I think there is either something wrong with your calibre installation of 0.8.40, or of the plugin itself as it all works fine for me. Try reinstalling the plugin. Is anyone else using 0.8.40 yet with v1.3.0, and is it working for them?

Edit: additional thought - did you restart calibre after updating the plugin? I assume you have only just updated it, right?

Thank you!
I restart Calibre and it's ok.
very good work.
Zitoune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 11:19 PM   #222
spatula04
spatula04 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Is there a way to get the page count to stay displayed? Currently I only see it when I hit the menu button with in a book.
spatula04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 04:54 AM   #223
kiwidude

@spatula04 - welcome to MobileRead.

Your question would be better asked within the Kindle forums, but to my knowledge the answer is no it cannot. Amazon have always been particularly crap at offering "options" for what appears on the screen when it comes to locations and pages (as in there are no options - just whatever the latest firmware happens to show to you).
Old 02-18-2012, 10:34 AM   #224
BeccaPrice
Wizard
BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 350, K3-3G, K4SO, KPW
For most books, this works just fine - but for some books, I get a page count of 1 or 2 pages, even though the books clearly have more pages than that: for example, The Outlaws, by W.E.B. Griffin. I've got all the correct metadata, and did a mobi-to-mobi conversion on the book, and I still get an error message saying that it can't estimate pages because no mobi version can be found. And when I try to get the page count from Goodreads, I also get an error message.
BeccaPrice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 11:11 AM   #225
kiwidude

@BeccaPrice - if you are estimating MOBI page counts, you will still get the odd book with very odd counts, nothing has changed in this plugin in that regard. It still uses user_none's APNX logic, which gets completely tripped up by books that use <blockquote> or <div> tags instead of <p> tags. My reasons for not changing that within the plugin were always because it would have meant you would still get the duff count when you sent the book to your Kindle. However now with 0.8.40 released I could revisit it, since a user can direct the Kindle driver to pull the page count from the Count Pages custom column instead of trying to recalculate it. Mobi->Mobi won't change such books, however doing Mobi->ePub and then doing count pages on the ePub should give you a better count (make sure ePub format is set take priority in the Count Pages plugin).

As far as Goodreads is concerned, I'm afraid "get an error message" is not particularly useful . If you post or PM the log from the Count Pages message window plus the log from the Jobs window and then I might have something to work with.

Tags
count, count pages, page count, pages, plugin